Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

0159 "Co-Ed Foosball" [3/20/07]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ziola
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

silvermoon wrote:
beavinator wrote:

Well, they don't have stops because stops would interfere with the fine control required for playing foosball while actually abiding by the rules. Yes, you have a point, they were playing in a restaurant, not a tournament. It's not a big deal. But you know, this is a series, and everything can be seen to have deeper meaning. I kinda felt like Bree's response to Jonas's attempt to teach her to play the game properly hinted at something more overlying in the way Bree handles things in general, which might become important later. I could just be reading into something where there's nothing though...

Very good point, that. I kind of feel (or rather kind of hope) that it's to show a teasing, sibling rivaly between Jonas and Bree. Not that she really has the need to cheat as much she has a need to needle Jonas about something that obviously annoys the heck out of him!

A move done by little sisters world wide, lol!

On the other hand (the non-siblingy one), maybe this is Bree's I-don't-have-a-social-skill-in-my-entire-body's way of flirting with Jonas.

good points made by both of you.
beavinator
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

silvermoon wrote:
I kind of feel (or rather kind of hope) that it's to show a teasing, sibling rivaly between Jonas and Bree. Not that she really has the need to cheat as much she has a need to needle Jonas about something that obviously annoys the heck out of him!

A move done by little sisters world wide, lol!

On the other hand (the non-siblingy one), maybe this is Bree's I-don't-have-a-social-skill-in-my-entire-body's way of flirting with Jonas.

I could definitely get behind this, except her "theory of better foosball by spinning" was expounded solely to the camera. I'd go for the friendly ribbing and/or awkward flirting angle right away had she actually talked to Jonas about the spinning in the video. But all we saw was him bitching about it to big D at the table, and her later by herself with the camera. Again, it could be nothing. But...if you look at it, it's kinda the same principle that might have driven her to think she could fix Jonas's hand herself before. It seemed to her the quickest way to get them out of trouble, and at the time she didn't really care that she would almost certainly have messed Jonas up hardcore had she actually attempted that ridiculousness. And I seriously think she might have had cooler heads (ie Beast) not prevailed...

Just a thought.
longlostposter
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 12:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Spinner Reply with quote

paigeb25 wrote:
What grabbed me was that it was very aggrivating to Jonas when she spun the little men.
----SPIN ART -----
Exactly... a reference to "spin art" again.
Shout outs to my beautiful daughter badkittyx1505, Aithne, and Lurker.
silvermoon

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

beavinator wrote:

I could definitely get behind this, except her "theory of better foosball by spinning" was expounded solely to the camera. I'd go for the friendly ribbing and/or awkward flirting angle right away had she actually talked to Jonas about the spinning in the video. But all we saw was him bitching about it to big D at the table, and her later by herself with the camera. Again, it could be nothing. But...if you look at it, it's kinda the same principle that might have driven her to think she could fix Jonas's hand herself before. It seemed to her the quickest way to get them out of trouble, and at the time she didn't really care that she would almost certainly have messed Jonas up hardcore had she actually attempted that ridiculousness. And I seriously think she might have had cooler heads (ie Beast) not prevailed...

Just a thought.

Oh, I absolutely agree with you on that part of Bree's personality -- she does seem to have a sense of both entitlement and superiority. She is a selfish know-it-all to the highest degree. A big part of why I've completely hated her character for some time now.

I guess in this video, at least to me, it seems less "I'm the queen of the world" and more typical teenage behavior. She seems more relaxed and teasing than tense and uppity.

At least that's how I perceived it! Laughing
beavinator
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

silvermoon wrote:
I guess in this video, at least to me, it seems less "I'm the queen of the world" and more typical teenage behavior. She seems more relaxed and teasing than tense and uppity.

Yeah, I think it's fairly likely that you are correct and that's all it was, despite the way it was presented. But if there's one thing I've learned following this series, it's that we should explore and discuss all possibilities that come to us, cuz ya never know what the Creatotrons are thinking (or which of our ideas they might pick up and run with!) Very Happy
longlostposter
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

beavinator wrote:
it's kinda the same principle that might have driven her to think she could fix Jonas's hand herself before.
I'm not big on this, but did Bree fix Jonas's hand? He was only bandaged for one episode that I remember. I pray to God they aren't going to make Bree a healer of some kind.

This has been kind of bothering me; especially when in the past when the forums start posting about a mistake made in the videos, the Creators tried to find a way to fix it. They didn't this time.
silvermoon

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

beavinator wrote:
silvermoon wrote:

Yeah, I think it's fairly likely that you are correct and that's all it was, despite the way it was presented. But if there's one thing I've learned following this series, it's that we should explore and discuss all possibilities that come to us, cuz ya never know what the Creatotrons are thinking (or which of our ideas they might pick up and run with!) Very Happy

Absolutely! You never know what little tidbit the Creators will slip in to see if we are paying attention or to tip us off! They're sneaky little bastards! Laughing

longlostposter wrote:
I'm not big on this, but did Bree fix Jonas's hand? He was only bandaged for one episode that I remember. I pray to God they aren't going to make Bree a healer of some kind.

Nah, I don't think they are going to go down that road. If she was a healer, they wouldn't have had to visit the vet. I think the Creators have been setting up a real resentment between Bree and Jonas for some time. Tying him to a chair, not allowing him to go to a hospital when he was hurt, and now screwing around with his foosball rules.

Heck, I wouldn't be that surprised if Jonas ran off and joined the Order just to piss her off at this piont! Wink
beavinator
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

longlostposter wrote:
I'm not big on this, but did Bree fix Jonas's hand?

No no, she just kept screaming that she COULD fix him, the only reason being that she didn't want him to go to a hospital for fear of being caught. They compromised and took him to a veterinarian who fixed him up. But even after it was over, Bree for some reason felt the need to reiterate that she thought she COULD have fixed him...that part sat rather oddly with me. At that point she had no motivation for saying such a thing other than some really weirdly misguided pride or something...
This has probably been discussed to death already on that vid's thread. I dunno, I haven't de-lurked like this in quite some time.
longlostposter
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

beavinator wrote:
longlostposter wrote:
I'm not big on this, but did Bree fix Jonas's hand?

No no, she just kept screaming that she COULD fix him, the only reason being that she didn't want him to go to a hospital for fear of being caught. They compromised and took him to a veterinarian who fixed him up. But even after it was over, Bree for some reason felt the need to reiterate that she thought she COULD have fixed him...that part sat rather oddly with me. At that point she had no motivation for saying such a thing other than some really weirdly misguided pride or something...
This has probably been discussed to death already on that vid's thread. I dunno, I haven't de-lurked like this in quite some time.
I understand all of this. Perhaps you should go reread my post; I think you've misunderstood what I was trying to convey.
PixieSailor
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

beavinator wrote:
I'd like to make a point real quick. People are talking about how much more likable Bree is getting again, but I still see problems. For example, she thinks spinning is great because you can win easier, not even caring that it is CLEARLY against the rules of the game. Sure, anybody can win when they cheat. Don't believe me or Jonas?

http://www.foosball.com/content.php?page=89

Doing whatever gets you ahead the fastest regardless of whether it's right or wrong is NOT a likable trait...
Oh, please. I'm guessing you're someone who doesn't like Bree because she killed those bugs in the swimming video too? You can't judge someone on tiny minute details like that. If I said I didn't like you because you use all caps to stress a word instead of bolding or italicizing, which makes you lazy, would that be mature? Or smart? No, it would be judgmental. Give Bree a chance. She doesn't know foosball rules, and she was just playing for fun. For FUN. I think you're being way too judgmental.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
beavinator
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

longlostposter wrote:
I understand all of this. Perhaps you should go reread my post; I think you've misunderstood what I was trying to convey.

Yep, I totally misread you. I apologize. (Derrrr...I should have figured by your post count alone you couldn't be unaware of that stuff...) I'm still not quite sure I get what you WERE saying...just that Jonas's hand wasn't bandaged up for long enough to account for the wound he had? If that's what you meant, yes that's true. But I gotta say I hadn't even noticed, because honestly that's the sort of detail that frequently slips through the cracks in dramatic series, films, etc; for the simple reason that if it's not really relevant to the main story, the audience generally ignores it, and so the filmmakers can too. Then again, this isn't your typical series...no detail goes unexamined here. But I think it's safe to say that one in particular is a throwaway.
Unless of course I'm still misinterpreting your post, in which case I should just go away now... Smile
beavinator
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PixieSailor wrote:
Oh, please. I'm guessing you're someone who doesn't like Bree because she killed those bugs in the swimming video too? You can't judge someone on tiny minute details like that. If I said I didn't like you because you use all caps to stress a word instead of bolding or italicizing, which makes you lazy, would that be mature? Or smart? No, it would be judgmental. Give Bree a chance. She doesn't know foosball rules, and she was just playing for fun. For FUN. I think you're being way too judgmental.

For the record, I never said I didn't like Bree. Things she does irritate me sometimes (and yes killing harmless bugs would be an example) but I wouldn't even say this is one of those times. I was merely pointing out the possibility of an unlikable trait being displayed here...
Chelseyrl
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I totally never knew that spinning was so frowned upon & I'm a spinner myself. Laughing

The end part... aww.
...still rooting for the sib-theory.

You just had a Kyle moment.
d'oh!
TOSG
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

beavinator wrote:
silvermoon wrote:
Yes, but how many people actually do it? It's not like they are on tour with the World's Foosball Championship.

Why do the damn things spin if they aren't supposed to be spun? Why don't they just make them where they stop at a certain point, so they can be tilted and not spun all the way around?

Well, they don't have stops because stops would interfere with the fine control required for playing foosball while actually abiding by the rules. Yes, you have a point, they were playing in a restaurant, not a tournament. It's not a big deal. But you know, this is a series, and everything can be seen to have deeper meaning. I kinda felt like Bree's response to Jonas's attempt to teach her to play the game properly hinted at something more overlying in the way Bree handles things in general, which might become important later. I could just be reading into something where there's nothing though...

I just saw it as a continuation of Bree choosing to make decisions based on logic rather than social norms, which was a pretty substantial theme in the early videos.
EEVEE
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even though I'm holding out for D&B, This ending was cute.

* There my 2 cents done*
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> The Videos All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 5 of 9

Jump to: