Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Can we get an answer, Creators?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Concerns and Complaints
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lurker

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Killthesmiley wrote:
Quote:
Did they say it exactly like that? I thought they just said that they wanted to introduce a mythos with Bree's tale that they could then expand.

Did I forget something else they said?

I keep forgeting some people don't watch EVERYTHING the creators do.

Yea they are planning to some what "franchise" the ideas out for storylines in different cities/countries. They speak about it at ARGFest, which you can find a video of their whole table on my youtube in my vlog area...thing.

I actually do follow as much of what they do as I'm aware of, and I did see the video of Miles, Greg, and Glenn's discussion panel from ARGFest, but I don't think they necessarily said they were going to have spin-offs paralleling Bree's story. They just said they'd franchise other directors in other countries to do "lonelygirl-style shows" (by this I assumed they meant the format, not necessarily that it would be other Order girls coming to terms with their lives being built on mysterious secrets and so much shady activity).

Killthesmiley wrote:
PS: Lurker, you put things in a bit more perspective. I understand a bit more of where you are coming from. The problem I have is that if were are so desperate for these answers, we would have to understand that once we get those answers, the life of the series as we know it would not exsist any more.

I know, but that's what needs to eventually happen anyway. Like I said, I won't start quoting Gaiman, but I will say that especially a mystery series needs to resolve its mysteries.

Killthesmiley wrote:
Like, as from what I udnerstand, even those "franchised storylines" begin, they will revolve around the same basis LG15 is on.

Oh, God, I hope not.

Killthesmiley wrote:
if we get those answers, we might be looking at a completely different story...which I'm not sure people will be happy about ( i edited to add that)

Perhaps, but if the series can really only continue provided that the fundamental mysteries (such as Bree's ultimate relationship to the Order) are never answered, then I really think it needs to be reconsidered whether it needs to be an ongoing thing in the first place.

I also feel this is true if the franchised series need that same foundation.

Killthesmiley wrote:
So Here's the other issue:
we will get the answers, but we have to be patient so the other quetion can have a story built up on them, just like Bree, Jonas, the order and Crowley.
We can't have answers immediately, because then how will they build up the new questions? There wouldn't even be a story to build the questions on. So in order to have these new and exciting questions, we'll need the old questions unanswered for a bit, until a decent background/base line is built for the new questions to survive.

That's fair enough. I just think a lot of us are probably concerned that the old mysteries will linger in limbo while the new ones come along. As you said, the mysteries we're all really concerned about have been the foundation. If those remaining as mysteries is actually vital to the series continuing, then that seems... well, it won't put anyone's mind at ease.

longlostposter wrote:
Lurker, you put so succinctly exactly what I was trying to get across. Thank you for that contribution.

No problem.
robtomorrow
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

longlostposter wrote:
If I don't get some answers, I don't want to watch anymore.

longlostposter,

I sympathize with you, many of us have been begging for answers for a very long time.

This series only answers questions with more questions, loose ends are a rule rather than the exception. I rarely post comments to the videos anymore, because the endless speculation has begun to seem pointless to me when we never get confirmation if the speculation was right or wrong. I am still watching the videos and following the story but in a more disinterested way than in the beginning when I thought there might be some reason behind the madness.
longlostposter
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

robtomorrow wrote:
longlostposter wrote:
If I don't get some answers, I don't want to watch anymore.

longlostposter,

I sympathize with you, many of us have been begging for answers for a very long time.

This series only answers questions with more questions, loose ends are a rule rather than the exception. I rarely post comments to the videos anymore, because the endless speculation has begun to seem pointless to me when we never get confirmation if the speculation was right or wrong. I am still watching the videos and following the story but in a more disinterested way than in the beginning when I thought there might be some reason behind the madness.
Thank you, Rob, for that. Maybe that is what I'll start doing.
Shout outs to my beautiful daughter badkittyx1505, Aithne, and Lurker.
JustAnotherLonelyGirl.
P. Monkey's Agent

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still want to know what ever happened to that girl Cassie.
silvermoon

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 6:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The forever ongoing unanswered questions is the exact reason I stopped watching lost. As soon as they killed off Echo and blew up the hatch, but hadn't answered anything about why they were there in the first place, I washed my hands of the whole show.

I think LG15 is bordering on that same thing. Though the videos are so short we can't expect too much of them at a time, we have been watching the series for months with almost no payoff what-so-ever. We have come almost full circle back to where we were a while ago -- Bree and Daniel homeless and on the run -- but now we have the millionair boy wonder with them!

I'm not saying that the series doesn't have it's good points or that I am ready to stop watching. I am saying that if there is not some sort of payoff in the form of answering some of the questions and moving into the direction of more questions, I can see getting sick of it in the near future.

I don't want to waste a year of my life watching (another) show that never tells me anything.

And as far as where will the show go if the questions are answered, I think the trio's badass adventures traveling to different cities to break other girls out of the clutches of the Order would be great! They could slowly work to establish an anti-Order organization big enough to take on the Order in a big blazing series finale.
Killthesmiley
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 6:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

silvermoon wrote:
The forever ongoing unanswered questions is the exact reason I stopped watching lost. As soon as they killed off Echo and blew up the hatch, but hadn't answered anything about why they were there in the first place, I washed my hands of the whole show.

They answered that...i think in the episode before they blew up the hatch, or the same one...

sorry for the brief off topic-ness

YOU: Who does that KTS think she is? Total bitch!

ME: I think I'm you, only better.

~Kelly, KMurr, and Kellylen <3~
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
silvermoon

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 7:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

But was it a satisying answer? Really? Not to mention the fact that once they blew up the hatch and killed the last main Taily, they pretty much made the entire season before useless. The entire season before was dedicated to the Tailies and the hatch and they got rid of the whole mess and went on to the next story line without ever having really gone anywhere.

But back to the topic --

The Creators seriously do need to give us something here, and quick. Doesn't have to be the entire book of answers. One big one, or a few little ones. Just something to tell us that they do have answers and aren't just slinging this together as they are filming and making it up as they go along. I want to know that when this is over, we've actually gone somewhere.
Kasdeja
Hymn of One

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, something to make me want to "investigate" again...which is what really, really, really was fun in the beginning.

You cannot make another post so soon after your last; please try again in a short while.
Bagged, tagged, sold to the butcher at the store.
longlostposter
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's been way too long, period. Twin Peaks 2.0.
Shout outs to my beautiful daughter badkittyx1505, Aithne, and Lurker.
silvermoon

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kasdeja wrote:
Yes, something to make me want to "investigate" again...which is what really, really, really was fun in the beginning.

YES!! That is what made it really fun in the beginning. I'm not much into solving stuff, like the ARG people, but I can google search (and library search if needed, lol!) my ass off!

The most fun I've had during this whole thing was when I was looking up mind control, Eqyptian religion and what-not.

I'd give up answers to questions for something to research, lol!
Kasdeja
Hymn of One

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking up all the Aleister Crowley and religion things in the beginning, oh man.

You cannot make another post so soon after your last; please try again in a short while.
Killthesmiley
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just wondering if any went and looked up the book "Rebalaning the World" that Mesh (...i think) father gave us the first radio show? The first page is where there idea for "My Lazy Eye" came from. That just made me think of it, Silver.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Kasdeja
Hymn of One

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

...is there a transcript of that show or something, somewhere?

Killthesmiley
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

not that I know of. Maybe in the LGpedia, but I doubt someone would transcribe a 2 hour show.
Mesh's dad was on, and they asked him what he's favorite video was, and he said "Lazy Eye" and that he was surprized that in all the sluething, no one found out where is actually came from. So He gave us the name of the Book (Rebalancing the World) and where in the book (on the first page). Then they joked around a bit about "This is a show about Lonelygirl15. Did you really expect to get answers?" that made me laugh because what we're discussing right now. haha.

I would go look for it at the library, but I have a bunch of over due charges on my card right now, so I don't want to be hounded by it. If no one has it however by tommorow, I'll go up to the library and take my lap top and ind out.

gogo
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 1:24 pm    Post subject: answers to mysteries Reply with quote

As far as the answers/resolution issue goes, I would imagine that careful and controlled responses to some of the earliest mysteries could solidify the plot by providing purpose and direction to the story for the varied audience (the "investigators" and more "passive" viewers, etc.) I guess it just goes back to the issue of "tying up the loose ends," so the audience can reflect on the overall plot with satisfaction and eagerly accept the new mysteries that are introduced with confidence.

I do acknowledge that it will be quite challenging to resolve some earlier issues while trying to progress the story and avoid simplistic monologues from Bree like, "Soooo, six months ago in my bedroom, Daniel was going to light some candles..." (Not that anyone is suggesting anything that blatant.)

However, I am sure there are techniques for concluding past issues in a story, while continuing to move along a plot line. I hope the writers find their own methods for addressing these concerns that fit with their mode of presentation (videoblogs). As viewers, I guess we find ourselves in the position of gamblers, having to wait and see if this story pays off for us. And because we all have different sensibilities, like most issues in life, I’m sure some of us will get lucky and view the story as a jackpot, while others of us will feel like we lost it all and leave the table busted. Perhaps even others of us will feel that we have broken even. Only time will tell, I suppose.
I hope you realize that I suck.::The finest satire is that in which ridicule is combined with so little malice and so much conviction that it even rouses laughter in those who are hit.-Georg Christoph Lichtenberg
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Concerns and Complaints All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: