Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Can we get an answer, Creators?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Concerns and Complaints
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BTStars
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree that we need to have some patience and whatnot. However, if you keep stringing us along, a lot of people will loose interest. Some of the questions really should have been answered a while ago. For example, you tease everyone with the picture opf Crowley but then just abandon him (Yes I know he will come back into play soon), but I think it might be a little too late. If he was so important to the order, then shouldn't he be involved more?? All we have really seen of him is in the REALLY REALLY early videos. Also, even though CIW isn't/wasn't canon (and I don't think any Cassie should be canon now), I wouldn't mind some creepy stuff going on. I am a horror-movie-junkie I can't help it!

P.S. OH!! I LOVE the show by the way and I think the concept is AWESOME!!!
curiousGeorge
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

robtomorrow wrote:
I am still watching the videos and following the story but in a more disinterested way than in the beginning when I thought there might be some reason behind the madness.

I think this is the "healthiest" way to view this RT. It's obvious that we will never get answers to a lot of questions and I am waaaay tired of complaining about this as this issue has been discussed ad infinitum with very few substantive results.

They are amateurs experimenting with a new narrative form, and it shows. End of story. If the writing was in the hands of more experienced (and higher paid) writers I don't know that it would be all that much better. The Lost comparision works well I think.

If you expect more you will be disappointed. Enjoy it for what it is, pick a few things to remind the writers to keep track of (I have my own "Pet Issue" Confused ), whatever... They do read these posts, they just don't always implement every Tom, Dick, or Monkey's suggestions.

It's still a more engaging experience than most TV shows, warts and all Exclamation
Killthesmiley
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Killthesmiley wrote:
Just wondering if any went and looked up the book "Rebalaning the World" that Mesh (...i think) father gave us the first radio show? The first page is where there idea for "My Lazy Eye" came from. That just made me think of it, Silver.

just a little update, then I'll encourage back-on-topicness:

I went for a hunt for the book, and our city libraries do not have it. way to go halifax!
HOWEVER, there are a fe copies circulating the internet, so I'm hunting them down, and plan to post what I find in the plot discussion...or somewheres...just for interest sake.

Ok...back on topic

YOU: Who does that KTS think she is? Total bitch!

ME: I think I'm you, only better.

~Kelly, KMurr, and Kellylen <3~
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
longlostposter
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Killthesmiley wrote:
Killthesmiley wrote:
Just wondering if any went and looked up the book "Rebalaning the World" that Mesh (...i think) father gave us the first radio show? The first page is where there idea for "My Lazy Eye" came from. That just made me think of it, Silver.

just a little update, then I'll encourage back-on-topicness:

I went for a hunt for the book, and our city libraries do not have it. way to go halifax!
HOWEVER, there are a fe copies circulating the internet, so I'm hunting them down, and plan to post what I find in the plot discussion...or somewheres...just for interest sake.

Ok...back on topic
Thank you so much for keeping us posted, Kelly.
Shout outs to my beautiful daughter badkittyx1505, Aithne, and Lurker.
chershaytoute

Location: Oregon with an ocean view...across the neighbors' cow pasture, wow!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One more quick topic swerve, for those who have lousy libraries (me, too, Kelly!) - I hope that's okay? (if not, mods, please scoot to wherever is most appropriate...I don't mind at all!)

Amazon has the paperback for $11.86 just now:

Rebalancing the World: Why Women Belong and Men Compete and How to Restore the Ancient Equilibrium (Paperback)

What a mouthful of a title!

From Amazon:

Book Description
For all of our progress,the world stubbornly retains a male-dominated, competitive streak. Certainly the emphasis our culture places on enterprise has given us much, but what have we sacrificed along the way? Carol Lee Flinders argues that the more ancient values of Belonging (mutuality, cooperation, and generosity), traditionally associated with women, have been subsumed by those of Enterprise (individualism, competitiveness, and materialism), associated with men. In the lives of visionaries, artists, and mystics such as the Buddha, Baal Shem Tov, Teresa of Avila, Elizabeth Cady Stanton, John Muir, and Martin Luther King Jr., Flinders offers models for a new kind of balance. Rebalancing the World urges us to incorporate the values we are missing in our lives for the sense of wholeness we all seek.

About the Author
Carol Lee Flinders, author of the highly acclaimed Enduring Grace and At the Root of This Longing and coauthor of the million-copy-bestselling Laurel's Kitchen, holds a Ph.D. in Comparative Literature and is a well-known speaker and teacher who has taught writing and mystical literature courses at the University of California, Berkeley.

WWggD - let's make the Breeniverse a better place to live...

Thanks to giddeanx for the coolest personal glue stick ever!
HyeMew

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's a paperback version of the book with a different cover and title which I've rented from the library.
spaciegirlreturn
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

curiousGeorge wrote:
It's obvious that we will never get answers to a lot of questions and I am waaaay tired of complaining about this as this issue has been discussed ad infinitum with very few substantive results.

Yes. Pointless.
Killthesmiley
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HyeMew wrote:
There's a paperback version of the book with a different cover and title which I've rented from the library.

would you mind posting the first paragraph HyeMew? Thats the paragraph they are speaking of. I'm too lazy to type it all out.

It's pretty interesting...if you want to read the first page you can find it here:

http://www.harpercollins.com/services/browseinside/browseinside.aspx?isbn=9780062517371&WT.mc_id=biWidget8dee561d-c88f-4ca2-8ae8-13bb5f6a34a3

(Scroll through the pages, until you reach the first page in the first chapter)

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
chershaytoute

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kelly, are you talking about the first paragraph of "Seeing Whole" (which is the Introduction)? This paragraph makes sense...at least to me. Or are you talking the first paragraph of "A Sturdy Web, Closely Woven" (the first chapter)?

This is the first paragraph of "Seeing Whole:"

When we want to understand something, most of us begin by trying to isolate it. This approach can make perfect sense, but only as long as that isn't the end of the inquiry. Everything exists in the midst of something else, and before you can know anything for what it really is - animal or artifact, religious teaching or utopian vision - you have to be able to see it in context: figure and ground, all of a piece and interactive.

I am hesitant to put too much more up due to copyright concerns.

Killthesmiley
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

after reading both of them, one afte rthe other...they both make sense for "Lazy Eye"
They kind of go hand in hand (at least the way i see it).

Lurker

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think it was the first paragraph at all, guys. I mean, obviously it relates to it, but it was just building up to the third paragaraph where this is said (this is the third paragraph of "Seeing Whole," by the way):

"When I was just a few months old, it became apparent to my family that my left eye had no burning interest in enterting a working relationship with the right one."

That's almost word for word what Bree said in the lazy eye video:

"...when I was three months old, it became very clear to my mom and my dad that my left eye had no real desire to enter into a working relationship with my right one."

Then, in the second paragraph of the second page of "Seeing Whole," there's mention of the author wearing an eye patch (the same as Bree said she had to). And three paragraphs after that there's mention of the weekly visits to the optometrist and the machinery there - only instead of putting a monkey in a cage, it involved putting a lion in a cage.

What the "A Sturdy Web, Closely Woven" chapter - and the following chapter, "At Home in the World: The Lifeways of Hunter-Gatherers" - actually reminds me of is "Daniel The Neanderthal," which focused on humans having once been hunter-gatherers. I'm thinking Mesh must have come up with the majority of the ideas for this video.

Kelly, great job, by the way, finding that online "browse inside" thing.

Last edited by Lurker on Tue Mar 27, 2007 1:42 pm; edited 2 times in total
mincartaugh
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From very early in this thread:
Quote:
Either that or Binky The Brain Cell has gone back to sleep again.

Apparently Binky is waking up!

What if we view the references in the book as a chastisement of sorts? We see clearly with the "right eye" of BD&J but the other (OpAphid) isn't coming through. If we force the two to work together--reference the Subjects Apprehended video--we will see a clear, three dimensional picture.

Just wonderin'
Mincartaugh
Killthesmiley
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OOOHHH i didn't read the whole introduction, I went straight to the first chapter. most people don't refer to the introduction as "pages" as they aren't considered "pages" to publishers...

soooooo..okaysies. cool.

chershaytoute

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The funny thing is, I have "strabismus"...one version of lazy eye. Not the cross eye version, but the one that goes the other way.

I actually wore the eye patches, did the lion in the cage exercises. Mine were bad enough that I've had surgery on both, back when the surgeries were pretty gruesome (they're easy now, from what I'm told - back then...well, you don't want to know)

I loved Bree's description, when I saw that video! And, darnitall, didn't get further into the chapter/intro the day I typed that in, or I'd definitely have mentioned it. Now I shall HAVE to!!

Thanks for further reading...so I have further exploring. Why I loves it 'round here!

Flautapantera

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a note: the antagonizing off-topic posts have been split off and placed in the Rubbish Bin. Please keep all posts in this thread on topic (or thereabouts) as dictated by LLP's first post.

You know that moment where you just want to grab a pair of scissors and run away with them?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Concerns and Complaints All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

Jump to: