Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

0160 Vegas, Baby! (3/23/2007)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18, 19  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
breewithcrackers
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 12:18 am    Post subject: Re: what I love about lonely Reply with quote

joygasm wrote:
JustAnotherLonelyGirl. wrote:
joygasm wrote:
garnet wrote:
First post. I just found out about LG this week and spent 5 days catching up on 8 months of footage! What I love about this show is that we, the audience, never know whom to trust! It's what makes it interesting and keeps you guessing.

That having been said, I think the trio was TOO obvious about where they were to REALLY be hiding. They want someone to KNOW that they were in VEGAS, and they want that person/group to THINK that the order has followed them there. The fact that they never show who's chasing them makes me think that they weren't REALLY being chased. They may or may not have REALLY been drunk for that matter.

The real question is: Who was this video for? . . . or for whom was this video????

Bree has lied to her audience before. See "I completed the ceremony" and "Me for Daniel." I LOVE the fact that we can't trust anyone -- even the good guys! It's what makes this medium unique!

I LOVE this idea. A lot.

Welcome to the forum. Smile

Great post for thier first one!

Seriously. My first post was probably like "Hey guys.. did you hear LG15 is fake? I'm so sad!"

I don't even remember mine. In the beginning my were few and far between. I was scared!!

haha yea me too. i think my posts were actually so dumb at the beginning that my first like three or so got deleted hahahah
seek_inspiration
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, from watching, I assumed it was this guy who was chasing them:

The guy is running, Daniel makes a noise like he's run into the guy or something and then it looks like Daniel shoves him away.
aideen
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 6:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

seek_inspiration wrote:

The guy is running, Daniel makes a noise like he's run into the guy or something and then it looks like Daniel shoves him away.

Woooooooow.

o_o;

How in the Breeniverse did you manage to screen capture that.

Skillz. Seriously.

"Hi! We're here to take you to Six Flags, little girl. But first we wanna tie you up".
~Jonas [My Lover]

I like funfunfun Wink
watermelonhead
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 6:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uh oh... they are gonna stop posting videos for the public to see, huh?

Ohh maybe the audience will need to SUBCRIBE aka PAY MONEY to watch the lonelygirl15 series!

wahooo
Jo_16_2
Hymn of One

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 6:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

watermelonhead wrote:
Uh oh... they are gonna stop posting videos for the public to see, huh?

Ohh maybe the audience will need to SUBCRIBE aka PAY MONEY to watch the lonelygirl15 series!

wahooo

Jo_16_2 wrote:
watermelonhead wrote:
(for a SUBSCRIPTION FEE of course!)

the creators said it more than once, LG15 is FREE and it always will be.

and why would a bunch of kids ask for money so we could see their little videos?
LolaJC
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 7:55 am    Post subject: Re: geeze Reply with quote

Quote:
That you stick with your original opinion is fine, but you're not really giving a solid reason for holding it. Just pointing a camera at a building doesn't advertise for it.

Even with that Bellagio sign appearing near the end of the video it doesn't help because it appears for less than a second, and you can only get a non-shaky look at it if you pause the video. The sign also has no obvious connection to the hotel since a viewer who isn't already familiar with the Bellagio isn't going to make the association between a sign (which could have appeared anywhere in Vegas for all they know) and a hotel that Bree was standing in front of (which she neglected to name).

Without the name of the product - or service provider - coming up, there's no product being placed. It's like the candy back in "Truth Or Dare" - that might have been M&M's and it may not. Looked like them, but since nobody said so and no label was identified, it doesn't matter to Mars Inc.

And, really, generating discussion - such as whether product placement occurred at all - about something like this isn't the goal of somebody paying for it, so I can't see how you'd say it achieved its purpose. The goal is to get people to - if nothing else - remember the name, and to hopefully associate it with the product/service. You don't want people to have to think about going on Google and typing in "Las Vegas hotel water show." You want them to think "Let's see... I'm going to Vegas soon... What's a hotel I know there... 'Bellagio'? Oh, yeah... I think it had a water show. I remember that from somewhere."

If only 5% or less of the total audience for the show is going to even be guaranteed to know that was the Bellagio then this would have been a marketing misstep that would make that hotel a laughingstock.

If nothing else, compare to when Ice Breakers was placed: Its name was actually said and the candy's label clearly shown for several seconds. If somebody watched the video - even if they were deaf - then they were guaranteed to know what the product was.

yeah, I get it. i said you have good points, but i'm sticking to my original opinion and letting you have your opinion. lets please move on.
PinkoLady
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 9:52 am    Post subject: Re: what I love about lonely Reply with quote

garnet wrote:
First post. I just found out about LG this week and spent 5 days catching up on 8 months of footage! What I love about this show is that we, the audience, never know whom to trust! It's what makes it interesting and keeps you guessing.

That having been said, I think the trio was TOO obvious about where they were to REALLY be hiding. They want someone to KNOW that they were in VEGAS, and they want that person/group to THINK that the order has followed them there. The fact that they never show who's chasing them makes me think that they weren't REALLY being chased. They may or may not have REALLY been drunk for that matter.

The real question is: Who was this video for? . . . or for whom was this video????

Bree has lied to her audience before. See "I completed the ceremony" and "Me for Daniel." I LOVE the fact that we can't trust anyone -- even the good guys! It's what makes this medium unique!

I LOVE this idea. A lot.

Yeah, that's definitely a good theory-- I mean, since when the hell does the order actually chase Bree&Co., anyway-- aside from when they were running away from the human ransom exchange deal? If they were going to do the chase-grab thing, they've had ample opportunity in the past.
longlostposter
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps they have decided to become more proactive?
Shout outs to my beautiful daughter badkittyx1505, Aithne, and Lurker.
crazylainey
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 10:15 am    Post subject: Re: what I love about lonely Reply with quote

PinkoLady wrote:
garnet wrote:

I LOVE this idea. A lot.

Yeah, that's definitely a good theory-- I mean, since when the hell does the order actually chase Bree&Co., anyway-- aside from when they were running away from the human ransom exchange deal? If they were going to do the chase-grab thing, they've had ample opportunity in the past.

Do they say in the movie that they were actively being chased at that moment? I mean, if I saw people that I was trying to hide from I would automatically start running whether or not the other party was actually chasing me.
longlostposter
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

seek_inspiration wrote:

Maybe the guy was in Daniel's way, so he pushed him out of the way.

Question: If they do this private video thing, aren't they going to have to take the website down in order to redesign it? Maybe they could just add pages, I guess.
giddeanx
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

longlostposter wrote:
seek_inspiration wrote:

Maybe the guy was in Daniel's way, so he pushed him out of the way.

Question: If they do this private video thing, aren't they going to have to take the website down in order to redesign it? Maybe they could just add pages, I guess.

Probably not, any changes will be done behind the scenes and then uploaded on the fly. I think it was mentioned that they would ad a color border or background behind the vid and possibly put something in the title. Private To: From: Date: Kind of like a memo.

X
longlostposter
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, gidd.
Chelseyrl
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

longlostposter wrote:
Thanks, gidd.

Did you ever figure out what "stuck/stuff your fish in the face" means?

You just had a Kyle moment.
d'oh!
EternalGoddess
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was cute when Bree gave Jonas a piggyback ride. Looks like Danial needs to get in shape Jonas and Bree were running way ahead of him side by side. Not so good to be in the back when you're trying to get away from someone.
Shaneener
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay... three days... WTF?

HURRY UP CREATORS!

ANYYYYYWWWWWWAAAAAYYY...

I have a question-- how come Bree says The Order is tracking them by their videos? I mean seriously. They never mentioned Vegas in their previous videos, so The Order must track them--if they track them--using something else.

Or it could be that nobody's chasing them, like someone (I forgot your name, sorry!) said before.

There's my two bits. =P

(2nd post on LG15-- YAY!)

That's the Hymn of One,
singing for you to be happy.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> The Videos All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18, 19  Next
Page 17 of 19

Jump to: