Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"Others Beginnings - History 101: The Cult of Aten"

View previous topic :: View next topic  
janesalteredstates
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 4:55 pm    Post subject: "Others Beginnings - History 101: The Cult of Aten" Reply with quote

http://one.revver.com/watch/214243/flv/affiliate/66466

We will be sharing what we know. The new arrangement is that Jane will sleep as she has been doing and We will disburse the information collected before Jane's slip into slumber land. Her dreams are of importance, of course. Some of the most important leads we have exist in that deep unconscious mind which can only be accessed during sleep.

Right now, we are merely introducing the new order of things and the importance of origins.

They underestimated the power of the human need for understanding. Whatever was done to us, it failed.

Oh dear, indeed.
janesalteredstates
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a question.

Does anyone think my use of a clip from an OpAphid video will keep this vid off the site because of all the stupid shit going on? Rolling Eyes
ShardinsKitten
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was great... and no I don't think so. Good work!!
QtheC
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jane's (or is it Janes, how many Janes are there?)

I'm not sure how to refer to you (since I have not digested your videos, just watched them, enjoying the lulling mood and pretty pictures as they go mysteriously by) ... is there a handy guide to the states & personalities somewhere? A folding brochure could be helpful.

All I wanted to say is I enjoy your stuff, and keep them coming. I think the multiple personality angle is an interesting take (somehow or another) on what may be happening in Bree's world. And I like some of the egyptian artwork you have found and included (like the Zodiac of Denderah).

No one seems to be fond of the tried and true "it's all in the protagonist's head" twist at the end of stories with mysteries (well, certainly not on a LOST fan site I frequent), but I think it's fun to consider. Maybe this is what you are implying, I'm not sure. Bree does have a pretty big head. A lot could fit in there, if you folded everything and packed carefully.

EDIT: Oh, I really liked the shot of the water show at night. hmmmm water is an interesting them too ... Bree swims, Daniel does not ... Excuse me, all this water talk - I need to take care of a pressing biological imperative now. Embarassed
janesalteredstates
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks you two Smile

Q, Actually, although it is technically "all in Jane's head" that doesn't make it necessarily untrue. Twisted Evil

I plan on revealing more if I can about Jane and the rest. It's taking me a lot of time to put together. I have little time and resources.

I can tell you this: If Jane's "personalities" are at all correct, then this universe or "breeniverse" is real. It just began a looooong time ago.

I need to work on making things easier to understand Laughing

Another edit. hehe.
Do you think I should write up a little summary at my blog? That could make it easier. I don't know.
QtheC
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

janesalteredstates wrote:

Another edit. hehe.
Do you think I should write up a little summary at my blog? That could make it easier. I don't know.

Maybe. To be honest, I have not followed your work closely enough to try to piece things together. And I also have not studied all the OpAphid ARG material, so I don't know how much of what you have included is an interchange of ideas with that stuff and how much is your own invention ... so don't go by my level of confusion ... I really have not made the effort yet to understand.

I also tend to forget which things I see in whose videos - so written summaries might be helpful (something the eye can scan in one place faster than rewatching everything) ... I'm hoping the website improvements will help me keep each story straight.

Anyway, I'll try to be better informed before commenting further about your ideas - just enjoying the asthetics so far. Something about calm and crazy is fun.

EDIT: Okay, I think I somehow muddled some of your videos with some of gogo's Ms. Kelly's videos in my head ... lack of sleep here, but illustrates what I was saying.
chershaytoute

Location: Oregon with an ocean view...across the neighbors' cow pasture, wow!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 1:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This does feel oh, so old, Janes/notJanes... To go to and through the times of Aten... I fear the Watching disc in the sky as we progress with this - take care in your sleep/dream travels, all of yous.

WWggD - let's make the Breeniverse a better place to live...

Thanks to giddeanx for the coolest personal glue stick ever!
ignatzmouse
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome vid. "Oh dear, indeed," indeed.

My pet theory by me is that there is an ancient religion, but The Order isn't it, at least not by direct descent. They're a 19th century quasi-Masonic invention that came out of Napoleonic France when the Zodiac of Denderah was rediscovered. They latched onto the new fad for Egyptology and spun a secret society around it.

I think this fits with what you're saying here in that a) there is a genuine ancient religion here that the Order is using, and b) the original Cult of Aten may well still be out there, and be rather annoyed. Oh dear.
gogo
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 9:08 am    Post subject: nonjane Reply with quote

notJane-
I continue to be very engaged in Jane's story. In addition, I find Aten's distinction as an early (if not the first) human foray into monotheism. I recall studying (back in my school days) that one of the devotionals to Aten is quite similar to Psalm 104 from the Bible. I do look forward to more in this curious case of Jane. It is quite an intriguing story.
I hope you realize that I suck.::The finest satire is that in which ridicule is combined with so little malice and so much conviction that it even rouses laughter in those who are hit.-Georg Christoph Lichtenberg
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> FanFic Archive All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: