Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

HSA - [Discussion] TiKO Attorneys
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> In-Depth Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
selena
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 11:30 am    Post subject: HSA - [Discussion] TiKO Attorneys Reply with quote

I mentioned this in a previous thread, but thought maybe it should be made into a new one...

There is a new page from TiKO's attorneys requesting information regarding their client. I was curious as to whether anyone had responded to the email address left there?

I'm going to respond and see what happens... I'm curious as to whether I'll get a response, or if some east coast attorney's firm will be sitting there scratching their heads and saying WTF???... Laughing
selena
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay... here's what I sent:

Quote:
Dear Mssrs. Harding and DeWolfe,

I am responding to your request for information regarding your client, TiKO. I have been a student with a small homeschooling program sponsored by TiKO. My personal knowledge of TiKO's contributions to this school is admittedly limited. However their influence (to which you refer) on our headmistress has been less than positive.

While I cannot speak from first-hand knowledge to her mistreatment at the hands of your client, I have observed her unexpected disappearance while meeting members of your client's board of directors, her furtive transmissions home detailing her unwilling captivity, followed by her sudden reappearance accompanied by a complete memory lapse of her previous concerns about her sponsors. I have known our headmistress to be a woman of intelligence, strong opinion, and decisive action, but her subsequent descent into drug-induced euphoria (a drug promoted openly by your client, and administered by a doctor associated with your client) significantly impaired her judgement and ability to act with reason or autonomy.

It is from these observations that I state my serious misgivings as to the motivations and ethics employed by your client. I doubt very much that I would make a suitable witness advocating TiKO's generosity, however I can testify to their influence.

Respectfully Submitted,

Selena
Student at Home Schoolers Aggregate Online

We'll see what happens. Very Happy
TheFatLady
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't wait to see what you get in response. Do post it here!
Morgan
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I plan on writing them too, I just need a little time to think! I'm kind of taking this as a "choose your side, HSAO style". Laughing

selena wrote:
I'm going to respond and see what happens... I'm curious as to whether I'll get a response, or if some east coast attorney's firm will be sitting there scratching their heads and saying WTF???... Laughing

hahaha, I could use my student account to search for the case number on LexisNexis. LOL

<3 Danielbeast <3
selena
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Response received! ...That was really fast. Here is what I got:

Quote:
Dear Selena:

Although we appreciate your candor and information about our client, we are afraid that you will probably not serve us well in our pursuit of seeking justice for the program that has generously funded your educational program, HSA.

We are glad that you have found a program that satisfies your needs regardless of the tarnished record and problems that seem to plague HSA. We do have questions about your head of school, Rose C. Crowley-Kelly, and her inability to follow the agreement between her program and TiKO. We have received information from students like yourself about her inability to keep the school functioning while she engaged in extended absences and psychological treatments. In addition, many students have stated that her obsession with a young woman who may not even have been her student has often overshadowed her intended curriculum.

If you find yourself having questioned some of these issues regarding her fitness as an educator and school administrator, please feel free to share these concerns with us. We are not only seeking justice for the honorable TiKO Foundation, but for all the people who may not have received the kind of support and services for which TiKO has sponsored. We will handle these issues with the utmost discretion because we do not want anyone to feel concerned about jeopardizing their personal safety, as is sometimes the case when, for instance, a person with a history of unbalanced behaviors seeks revenge on informers.

Please click on THIS LINK to consider the costs and benefits of sharing sensitive information.

We thank you again for your response, and we hope that you will consider doing what is right.

Sincerely,

Harding and DeWolfe,
Attorneys at Law
The words "THIS LINK" go to http://hardingdewolfelaw.bravehost.com/TVH.html

I'd be really curious to know what sort of response there would be to someone who answers as a TiKO sympathizer... Of course I could always tell them I've re-considered, and now wish to do the "right thing." Razz

Morgan wrote:
hahaha, I could use my student account to search for the case number on LexisNexis. LOL
lol... it would be interesting to see what came up.
Morgan
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Geez!! They obviously want the dirt on Ms Kelly! Anyone gonna tell them about the whole fire and Lyn incident? I don't feel I'm veteran enough to know about that. But I always wondered if that story was going to continue...

<3 Danielbeast <3
selena
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Morgan wrote:
Geez!! They obviously want the dirt on Ms Kelly! Anyone gonna tell them about the whole fire and Lyn incident? I don't feel I'm veteran enough to know about that. But I always wondered if that story was going to continue...
I wasn't here then, so I'm not really up on that whole back-story to know whether it figures in now or not. Is there anyone around who remembers that part of the story?

Did anyone else get the impression that this line was a not-too-thinly veiled threat to keep HSA sympathizers from testifying against TiKO?:

Quote:
We will handle these issues with the utmost discretion because we do not want anyone to feel concerned about jeopardizing their personal safety, as is sometimes the case when, for instance, a person with a history of unbalanced behaviors seeks revenge on informers.
I realize that, on the surface, it refers to Ms Kelly... but I can't help thinking that no one has proven more unbalanced than our favorite drug-wielding, secret-keeping, compliance-crazy organization. Wink
Morgan
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wrote them... Shocked

Quote:
To whom it may concern:

Harding & DeWolfe
Attorneys at Law

I am and have been in the recent past, a student in one of the institutions TiKO has provided funding for. I do not know if I would be of use regarding the present case brought against TiKO, but I do have a view point of the current situation.

I was first very elated for my institution to be funded by TiKO. It was in danger of discontinuing courses due to funding, and TiKO helped us in that aspect. Our instructor grew increasingly worried about the content TiKO wanted to include in our course work, though to my knowledge, none of this content was incorporated (except maybe once when a higher official of some type took over for a few days). I have never had any objections to the nature of our course work.

Our instructor, Ms Kelly, went on leave for an extended amount of time when "meeting" with TiKO representatives, and expressed her extreme discomfort in the situation. This worries me about the public and personal relation skills of TiKO. Whether any laws were broken at this meeting is known only by my instructor and those present.

Regarding TiKO providing medication to beneficiaries, I find nothing wrong with this service. As long as TiKO is legally obtaining this drug, and providing it to only those who have a genuine doctor's prescription, I see no foul.

Whether or not TiKO broke any laws is up to the court to decide. I do not know of any other aspects of this situation, as I have never personally interacted with anyone from TiKO.

Respectfully,
Momo

I think I kind of made myself look like a wet noodle. Laughing Oh well. Let's see what they say! o.o

<3 Danielbeast <3
Luminous
Thor's Hammer

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 2:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OMG. They're quoting case law. They want us to rat on Ms. Kelly, the creeps.

Hmmmm.......

*paces back and forth intently*

Where are they going with this? Can't be anywhere good!
selena
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Morgan wrote:
I wrote them... Shocked
Oooooo... that's good. It's more tolerant of TiKO than mine was. I'd love to hear what you get in response.

Luminous wrote:
OMG. They're quoting case law. They want us to rat on Ms. Kelly, the creeps.

Where are they going with this? Can't be anywhere good!
Yes... It really does sound like they may be building up to a possible counter-suit, or perhaps an attempt to take her school away from her, to get her to back down. (The second of which, if I'm not mistaken, qualifies as blackmail.)

The thing is that each of the cases they quote in an attempt to sway us to their side, only underscores (for me) that TiKO is the organization with intent to defraud, harm, and deprive individuals of their informed choice... while Ms Kelly is the whistleblower in need of protection. Their examples only serve to convince me that my original decision was correct. None of the transgressions that they list against Ms Kelly were intentionally harmful, deceitful, or even illegal... and in some cases were brought about because of TiKO's actions. (Like taking an extended leave of absence from school... because they kidnapped her! lol. And psychological treatments such as the TiKO-doctor drugging her to the gills until she couldn't think, and telling her it was good for her.)

I am curious as to what the initial agreement was between TiKO and HSA... I'm assuming it has to do with the promotion of certain curricula. But even if they felt she didn't meet that, a simple withdrawal of funding would have been far more appropriate than, say... abduction, attempted mind control, and false medical treatment. Very Happy

I'm also still curious about that whole fire thing from before... I did a little browsing back through some earlier forum posts and followed the links to a few old character blogs... one of which was still posting as late as January of this year. Apparently "Lyn" is still pretty bitter about what happened and has some sort of plans, but I'm not clear about what exactly happened or what she intends to do... but it's definitely some interesting reading. In any case, I'm concerned that TiKO might try to somehow use this older event against Ms Kelly.
Morgan
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AHHHH, I got a response!

Quote:
Dearest Momo-

We appreciate the fairness in your tone regarding your assessment of the current situation with TiKO Foundation. We are glad that you found HSA to be an adequate educational program in light of the fact that their curriculum was not aligned with the expectations agreed upon contractually with their funders, TiKO. We feel that you could be of service to us if you would graciously grant us this support. We are interested in the medications that you bring up and how you were notified of this program which was open to only TiKO members and employees of grantees. We hope you would find the courage to reply to any other inquiries to which we feel you could lend your obviously thoughtful insights.

In the meantime, we suggest that you peruse the following LINK as you consider our request to possibly answer some questions if the need arises. We support justice and fairness, qualities that you have demonstrated in your thoughtful reply to our plea for support. Indeed, HSA and its director, Rose C. Crowley-Kelly, are lucky to have the privilege of working with a bright and honest student like you. It is a shame that you cannot benefit fully from all that the respected and generous foundation, TiKO, could have provided to your educational program. We would like to be in touch, and we thank you for your time.

Sincerely,

Harding & DeWolfe

Attorneys at Law

I thought that drug page was public knowledge, or at least beneficiary knowledge! It was on a link posted on the TiKO main page...

I don't wanna rat out Ms. Kelly for telling us she was being drugged and manipulated. Sad How do I explain how I knew about the medication if they're saying it was only open to employees and such? I'm thinking I should say it was hear say.

The way I am acting out my hsao character though, I dunno what will happen. It may just be more interesting for "Momo" to be scared of the order and spill beans. XD I dunno, this is a hard decision!!!

<3 Danielbeast <3
selena
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Morgan wrote:
AHHHH, I got a response!

Quote:
...We are interested in the medications that you bring up and how you were notified of this program which was open to only TiKO members and employees of grantees...

In the meantime, we suggest that you peruse the following LINK as you consider our request to possibly answer some questions if the need arises...

I thought that drug page was public knowledge, or at least beneficiary knowledge! It was on a link posted on the TiKO main page...

I don't wanna rat out Ms. Kelly for telling us she was being drugged and manipulated. Sad How do I explain how I knew about the medication if they're saying it was only open to employees and such? I'm thinking I should say it was hear say.

The way I am acting out my hsao character though, I dunno what will happen. It may just be more interesting for "Momo" to be scared of the order and spill beans. XD I dunno, this is a hard decision!!!
Very cool!... You got farther with them than I did. What did the LINK go to?

I think the drug page was public... it would be easy enough to say it was attached to some TiKO propagan-- I mean generously provided promotional brochures laying openly around the school. Smile That way it doesn't specifically incriminate any one person.

It seems pretty clear that they're only interested in talking to people aligned with TiKO's cause. So if we want to keep engaging them to see where this line of interaction might go, it appears to be necessary to at the very least string them along with the appearance of compliance. I'd be really interested in seeing what that might elicit from Harding & DeWolfe. Think
Morgan
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

selena wrote:
Very cool!... You got farther with them than I did. What did the LINK go to?

I think the drug page was public... it would be easy enough to say it was attached to some TiKO propagan-- I mean generously provided promotional brochures laying openly around the school. Smile That way it doesn't specifically incriminate any one person.

It seems pretty clear that they're only interested in talking to people aligned with TiKO's cause. So if we want to keep engaging them to see where this line of interaction might go, it appears to be necessary to at the very least string them along with the appearance of compliance. I'd be really interested in seeing what that might elicit from Harding & DeWolfe. Think

Oh yeah, that link was the same one as they provided in your letter. I will have to fashion a letter saying that I somehow stumbled upon the information accidentally around school as you suggested. That's a great idea! Smile I'll post as soon as I can!

<3 Danielbeast <3
sparkybennett
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

selena wrote:

I am curious as to what the initial agreement was between TiKO and HSA... I'm assuming it has to do with the promotion of certain curricula. But even if they felt she didn't meet that, a simple withdrawal of funding would have been far more appropriate than, say... abduction, attempted mind control, and false medical treatment. Very Happy

From the correspondence in the offices of Rose and Cedric it appears that Tiko pledged funding and then "suggested" a change in the curriculum.
They wanted it to focus on a certain figure. Rose told them she was not comfortable making that figure the focus of the curriculum, but that it was introduced to the students, and that it would "peak" the students interest and they should be satisfied with that.

It was at this time she introduced Ptolomy to us. I haven't figured out a connection.

selena wrote:
I'm also still curious about that whole fire thing from before... I did a little browsing back through some earlier forum posts and followed the links to a few old character blogs... one of which was still posting as late as January of this year. Apparently "Lyn" is still pretty bitter about what happened and has some sort of plans, but I'm not clear about what exactly happened or what she intends to do... but it's definitely some interesting reading. In any case, I'm concerned that TiKO might try to somehow use this older event against Ms Kelly.

I have followed this from the very beginning. So I will try to answer any questions that you may have. Lynn and Cedric were in cahoots for a little while. nothing seems to have come of Lynn's plans. At one point I thought she made peace with Ms Kelly.
I have to tell you that alot of this is not clear to me, even following it the whole time.
The pieces don't seem to come together for me. But I am always intrigued by Ms K.
We don't know for sure who started the fire if I remember correctly, so I don't think Tiko could use it against her. If anything they could use her history of mental breakdowns.
selena
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sparkybennett wrote:
From the correspondence in the offices of Rose and Cedric it appears that Tiko pledged funding and then "suggested" a change in the curriculum.
They wanted it to focus on a certain figure. Rose told them she was not comfortable making that figure the focus of the curriculum, but that it was introduced to the students, and that it would "peak" the students interest and they should be satisfied with that.

It was at this time she introduced Ptolomy to us. I haven't figured out a connection.
Thanks... I'm not sure what Ptolemy has to do with anything either -- why TiKO would be so hot to promote him. I still want to follow down that lead and see if there's anything that fits a pattern or offers a clue.

sparkybennett wrote:
I have followed this from the very beginning. So I will try to answer any questions that you may have. Lynn and Cedric were in cahoots for a little while. nothing seems to have come of Lynn's plans. At one point I thought she made peace with Ms Kelly.
I have to tell you that alot of this is not clear to me, even following it the whole time.
The pieces don't seem to come together for me. But I am always intrigued by Ms K.
We don't know for sure who started the fire if I remember correctly, so I don't think Tiko could use it against her. If anything they could use her history of mental breakdowns.
Interestingly, Lyn wrote as late as January of this year that she was still working on some sort of plan, and deeply desired Ms Kelly's "undoing." Do you remember in what way Cedric and Lyn plotted together? I haven't found anything detailing this... and I'm curious as to why Ms K trusts Cedric if he once plotted against her.

I had a thought a couple of days ago when Momo first mentioned the fire. Remember the TiKO vid a while back called "Hard Lessons from the Executive Director"? In it they allude to a fire and say "Some lessons are harder than others." Is it possible that TiKO was actually responsible for that fire long ago? I'm not sure what their motive would have been if they weren't even sponsors of the school yet at that time, but it seems like too much of a coincidence. --Or maybe they're just saying it could happen again.

It also occurs to me that it wouldn't really matter to TiKO whether Ms K was involved in the fire, as long as they could make it *look* like she was.

The latest vid is telling us to review ... which to me says, "Look at the whole story." I've been trying to gather together past stuff and organize it in my blog. I've found quite a bit, but I still have a long way to go to pull it all together and make sense of it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> In-Depth Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: