Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

HSA - [Discussion] TiKO Attorneys
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> In-Depth Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sparkybennett
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am going to have to review myself.
I know that Cedric and Lynn have links to each others blogs. They have acknowledged each other in their blogs, I'll see what I can find.

In Cedric's December 2006 page, the post titled "Break"
he says
"Now, I am off to prepare a brief comment for the graduation ceremony. I have a feeling that my friend, although she sparkles, will not be attending. I haven't heard from her lately. I am not worried because she is strong. My only hope is that she has found what she was looking for."

and he provides another link to Lynn's blog, the picture of the gems.

In her blog that day Lynn posts:
"Life is such a mixed up balancing act. Blah: What I'm feeling is this.

(I am not feeling very much like rubies and sapphires and emeralds and diamonds, but I think she is beginning to notice my shine.)"

Cedric links to Lynn again in December : "Sometimes breaking the rules is acceptable if we do not talk about it.."
sparkybennett
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Next Cedric talks about a parable

"There was a young girl who learned about the Underground Railroad when she was in the third grade. She envisioned a sleek, black locomotive and many boxcars behind, filled with tired, brown faces all pointed toward the eager northern sun. Last stop would be the Promised Land.

When she was considerably older, she realized that it was all a metaphor for something much more severe that third graders, perhaps, would not be able to fathom. She read about Harriet Tubman and enslaved parents sedating their babies for the arduous journeys in hidden swamps and piercing thickets of foliage. And chasing dogs and being found. And of abolitionists and basement hide-a-ways. And freedom. She still wondered about the Promised Land, however. She assumed that was Canada."

In Lynn's blog she talks about a community project for "Extra Credit" she is researching in Canada The Ptolemy project .
http://www.ptolemy.ca/

maybe Lynn has gone off to Canada?
sparkybennett
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting Ptolemy established the first University . it was destroyed by fire in the 5th century
Morgan
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, you all are sleuths! I finally got to writing the attorneys back... but I didn't give them much to go with. Laughing

Quote:
Dear Mr&/Mrs Harding & DeWolfe,

I saw the "New exciting offer for TiKO beneficiaries!" link on the main page of TiKO's website, which I navigated to through the HSAO website. I was not aware that this link was only addressed to TiKO members and employees of grantees; I would have refrained from looking had I known.

I hope this information helps. Feel free to email me if you have any more questions.

Sincerely,
Momo

<3 Danielbeast <3
Morgan
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They replied!!!

Quote:
Thank you, Momo, for your input. We wonder if there are any other instances in which others have approached this topic with you. If so, please share this information with us. You have been very helpful in this process.

Best wishes,

Harding & DeWolfe

Attorneys at Law

They are fishing for Ms. Kelly hardcore!

<3 Danielbeast <3
selena
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmmm... could they also be looking for leverage with Cedric? I see someone has left him a message recently too...
Morgan
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm wondering if we should really start to piece together this story of Sage Nine. Also I was wondering if this note hints at a duty to tell the attorneys about TiKO's "wheeling and dealing" as described by Professor Boone in this old letter: http://photos1.blogger.com/x/blogger/3563/4081/1600/925395/help.jpg

Should we collectively try to bring this issue to light in the legal system? Grah!

<3 Danielbeast <3
sparkybennett
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Morgan wrote:
I'm wondering if we should really start to piece together this story of Sage Nine. Also I was wondering if this note hints at a duty to tell the attorneys about TiKO's "wheeling and dealing" as described by Professor Boone in this old letter: http://photos1.blogger.com/x/blogger/3563/4081/1600/925395/help.jpg

Should we collectively try to bring this issue to light in the legal system? Grah!

I agree with trying to figure out the sage nine stuff, (personally haven't got anywhere with it but who knows?)
But I would not go to the attorneys with it, I don't trust them. But that doesn't mean someone else couldn't do that.....
I think Ms Kelly is working on something good right now, I am waiting to see step 3 revealed!
I would love to see what others can make of the sage nine info!
selena
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We know that Sage Nine has the initials W.R. ...I had been wondering (and this is complete conjecture on my part) whether Sage Nine is the former Dean Warren Reed. I too think we need to put more together on that part of the story. I started pulling stuff together, and then got sidetracked with other things.

Morgan wrote:
Should we collectively try to bring this issue to light in the legal system?
I agree with Sparky that TiKO's attorneys aren't to be trusted... they're part of it. However, that's not to say TiKO shouldn't be exposed. I suspect that's what Ms K's 5-step plan is about... the question is: How can we help? Who could we go to?

I still don't know what to make of Ced... one moment he seems to be working with Ms K, and the next he appears to be untrustworthy. He did go to bat for her however, when she was held by TiKO people... he put himself on the line by retaining and revealing copies of all those sensitive documents. (I wonder why there was never any retaliation from the TiKO camp on that?)
sparkybennett
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm ready for some more info from Ms kelly ..... Exclamation
TheFatLady
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since we're in such a lull, I thought: Why not write a juicy "anti-HSA" letter to TiKO and see what they do with it? Suspend disbelief for a minute and assume I used a fake return address and signed a pseudonym. Here's the letter I wrote, hoping that if they try to enlist my help I might find out more about TiKO and get to work as a double agent. Can't hurt, right?

Quote:
Dear Sirs and Madames:

I write as an individual who has fraternized with a number of persons enrolled in a "school" funded by TiKO. Although I am not, myself, a student of Homeschoolers Aggregate Online (the "school" in question), it is possible that the impression of it I have gained (and which impression, I should add, is the very reason I have not become a student) might be of use to you in your case.

My interest in HSA began when I overheard some HSA students discussing a current academic assignment on Art and Technology, and the level of discourse in their conversation seemed to me rigorous and engaging. I located the HSA website and navigated to the school information page in hopes of learning how I might enroll. At first, the description there of HSA's outlook and goals seemed right in line with what I'd hope for in an educational institution, but further down the page suggestions of secrecy and possibly paranoia crept in and made me wonder. The writer of the page appeared to suggest that home learners were endangered by outside influences, and that defensiveness and isolation were keys to home-schooling success. Hardly, I'd think, a position which encourages expansive thinking.

I made it my business for a while to overhear more student conversations in hopes of finding that my own impressions were mistaken. Sadly, the more I listened, the greater became my misgivings. Apparently, the headmistress of HSA strongly discourages student interaction--SO strongly discourages it, in fact, that the discussions I overheard were all carried out in whispers, as though these students believed they were committing an illicit act merely by speaking together. It seemed as though said headmistress, Ms. Rose Kelly, trained her learners to believe that she, and only she, had ideas and insights that might be considered "safe" for students to absorb.

This departure from the Socratic educational tradition--in which student questioning and interaction IS the means of education--would have been enough evidence that HSA was a questionable establishment. But my misgivings grew into outright alarm as I eavesdropped further and heard that Ms. Kelly frequently disappeared from school because of psychiatric problems (and remember, hers was the primary mind influencing her students); that she was rumored to be under the frequent influence of "joy"-inducing chemicals; that she posted "educational" video materials openly criticizing current and former HSA students (surely grounds for lawsuits, no?); and that she had, in the past, had severe, vitriolic differences with students and parents that, somehow, were open secrets in the school.

None of this recommends HSA as a nurturing environment for young minds, and I've been seeking a venue for suggesting this school be investigated. If, by chance, TiKO is such a venue, please know that I am eager to help in any way possible to see HSA and its headmistress revealed for public inspection.

Sincerely yours,

Abacab

chershaytoute

Location: Oregon with an ocean view...across the neighbors' cow pasture, wow!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, you are GOOD!! I can't see how this wouldn't get some type of action!

WWggD - let's make the Breeniverse a better place to live...

Thanks to giddeanx for the coolest personal glue stick ever!
sparkybennett
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Abacab, excellent letter, can't wait to see the response!

I really hope HSAO hasn't fizzled out and left us Confused
selena
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ooooooooo... that's gooood! Cool I too am looking forward to seeing what that leads to.

And I really do think Gogo is just taking that break she's been promising herself... I'm sure she (and Ms K) will be back after some time to re-charge.
voyboy
Thor's Hammer

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

selena wrote:
Ooooooooo... that's gooood! Cool I too am looking forward to seeing what that leads to.

And I really do think Gogo is just taking that break she's been promising herself... I'm sure she (and Ms K) will be back after some time to re-charge.

Selena, I was going to pm you today and ask if you knew where gogo was. I think you and I have the same assumption.
In the meantime watch Mskelly's dream if you havent already.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vSI8s8dy_sU

*just so there's no confusion. the video is stirctly a fan vid, gogo doesnt know about it and mskelly has no clue she even dreamed it!!!)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> In-Depth Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: