Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

[Question] Converting LG15 video for reuse in fan videos
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
janesalteredstates
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

-R- wrote:
This one will help without downloading software!

• Download the .mov file from Revver.
  • Go to http://www.Zamzar.com
  • Fill out the form.
  • Click convert and go!

its completely free, it just takes a short wile for it to be e-mailed to you.

P.S. If you are trying to download a video from YouTube, go to Ripzor.com and click on YouTube Ripper:]

What do you convert it to?

I like to use http://media-convert.com/ although it isn't working for me right now.
QtheC
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Renegade wrote:
Certainly looking interesting, but what parameters are they using for conversion?
If you are asking about my most recent post, I can tell you that a dos window pops up during execution from the Internet Video Converter 1.40 wrapper, echoing the conversion details, so you could look at that to see what parameters are being used, progress (frames count), etc. I think it reads the input video and matches the size, frame rate, etc. by default.

The executables for the two encoders are included in the program folders, so if the wrapper does not do exactly what you want it to, you may be able to write simple bat execution files to call them as you did in the sample code you posted previously on this thread.

There is also a button that allows you to set audio and video conversion factors manually.

VIDEO has aspect ratio, width and height settings, frame rate, and bitrate.
AUDIO has bitrate, sample rate, and stero or mono
There is also a title box and an option to create a thumbnail at a specified time for PSP video.

If you were replying to the web-based conversion, then... nevermind Embarassed Smile
janesalteredstates
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Killthesmiley wrote:
you know what...I've never ahd a problem using mov files in movie maker...when i read that i was...shocked.

I have several problems with Microsoft Movie Maker. Some avi's don't work. I'm confused by codecs Embarassed
Renegade
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

QtheC wrote:
[...]

If you were replying to the web-based conversion, then... nevermind Embarassed Smile

Heh, I did mean zamzar, yes. Since mencoder can use ffmpeg as well (among other libraries), the results should be similar (as you noted). Maybe I'll check that GUI out for my next video

janesalteredstates wrote:
I have several problems with Microsoft Movie Maker. Some avi's don't work. I'm confused by codecs Embarassed

Just imagine codecs as dictionaries
Imagine you were supposed to talk to Chinese person. You'd probably need a dictionary for that, right? You are the player, the Chinese guy is the movie, and the dictionary is the codec - necessary to understand the movie. Several key codecs come supplied with Operating Systems nowadays (Intel Indeo, for example), but proprietary ones or those in active development often have to be installed seperately.

Players such as MPlayer and VLC can play pretty much everything, and can give you information about which codec a video has. If you're not much of a command line person, I suggest taking VLC - under "View", there's "Stream and Media information" -> "Extended Information", that shows you the used codec, among other things. Then it's mostly as simple as googling the codec name.

In addition, trying to play the file in Windows Media Player might help. It is a spawn from hell, but it automatically tries to download unknown codecs.

And, last but not least, if it's mainly AVIs making problems, you might just lack the latest MPEG-4 codecs - check if you've got DivX and XviD, those are the ones used primarily for...err..."backed up" content.

And ask if you've got any questions

Every time you score a goal, a starving child in Africa dies.
janesalteredstates
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Renegade wrote:

janesalteredstates wrote:

Just imagine codecs as dictionaries
Imagine you were supposed to talk to Chinese person. You'd probably need a dictionary for that, right? You are the player, the Chinese guy is the movie, and the dictionary is the codec - necessary to understand the movie. Several key codecs come supplied with Operating Systems nowadays (Intel Indeo, for example), but proprietary ones or those in active development often have to be installed seperately.

Players such as MPlayer and VLC can play pretty much everything, and can give you information about which codec a video has. If you're not much of a command line person, I suggest taking VLC - under "View", there's "Stream and Media information" -> "Extended Information", that shows you the used codec, among other things. Then it's mostly as simple as googling the codec name.

In addition, trying to play the file in Windows Media Player might help. It is a spawn from hell, but it automatically tries to download unknown codecs.

And, last but not least, if it's mainly AVIs making problems, you might just lack the latest MPEG-4 codecs - check if you've got DivX and XviD, those are the ones used primarily for...err..."backed up" content.

And ask if you've got any questions

Oh wow, thank you so much! I owe you a cookie
-R-
Casual Observer

Location: Chocolate Mountain, Gummy Village, Candy Land, 12345

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They can basically can convert anything. Even picture files to PDF or vice-versa. Check out all of 'em by clicking on the "Conversion Types" tab at the top of the page.
-R-
Casual Observer

Location: Chocolate Mountain, Gummy Village, Candy Land, 12345

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wrote a little more in-depth tutorial of the ripping and conversion websites on this thread: http://lonelygirl15.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=8482
Heron
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had the same problem. Not long time ago I have found one flash converter which helped me to convert my flash files to avi, mpeg, etc. And now I haven't any problem with it, because there I can set different settings I use trial version without time limit.
This converter can find there: http://www.geovid.com/Flash_to_Video_Encoder_PRO/

Hope this helps.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> In Development All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: