Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Question for Creators on "leaks"
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Concerns and Complaints
View previous topic :: View next topic  
silvermoon

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 9:06 am    Post subject: Question for Creators on "leaks" Reply with quote

With the new private transmissions, will players be able to "leak" the private transmissions to other characters?

I'm assuming by now someone has tried to contact Tachy to ask her to help the Wonder Triplets.

Will being a "mole" do any good, or should we just assume that leaking info is futile?

The private transmissions seem sort of pointless if we are able to transfer the video files to the other characters... I'm actually hoping that "leaks" will be ignored.
Killthesmiley
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think this could be a big possibilty, and a great way to acknowledge the fan's and include the in the story.

You post the information concerning the private videos in the in character section stating that you did some sluething and found the video.

I think this could be extremely useful

YOU: Who does that KTS think she is? Total bitch!

ME: I think I'm you, only better.

~Kelly, KMurr, and Kellylen <3~
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
silvermoon

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I get that it could increase fan interaction to some extent, but doen't it then completely discount the point of going to private messages? Why seperate them to show what one character knows from the rest, if within moments of the video everyone is rushing straight to the incharacter board to see who can post the information first?

Seems pointless to seperate the videos if everyone ends up knowing the same information in the end anyways.
Killthesmiley
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well it does in a way, it would be the creators choice to acknowledge them.

Like the whole OpAphid thing. People for months tried to warn bree of opaphid, and her mission, but they choose to ignore it.
Bree even acknowledged that fact when she said "I feel so stupid...."

So it really depends...

YOU: Who does that KTS think she is? Total bitch!

ME: I think I'm you, only better.

~Kelly, KMurr, and Kellylen <3~
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
silvermoon

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess I'd just like some solid ground rules. They can be told about them, or they are completely in the dark until they discover the info for themselves.

I don't much like the "well, maybe they'll listen to the mole, or maybe they won't, depending on how it fits into the storyline".

That's just too convenient for the Creators, I think. Pick a side and stick with it! LOL. Wink
trainer101
Moderator Manager

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

After listening to the explanation given by the Creators on "Mixed Media", it seems they have decided to stick with their original idea.
The Creators wrote:
Here's how you play along. Everyone on the website (that's you!) is a character... even if you are playing yourself (like me) or playing a character (like LordGreystoke). So... that means your character "didn't see" the video... you can't tell Daniel/Bree/Jonas/Op/Tachyon about it since it is a video that none of the characters saw (and only characters can talk and interact on this website).

Example: Daniel sends a private transmission (to no one) saying the he loves Bree. You can't tell her. Tachyon sends a private transmission to Bree telling her how to take down Oppy. You can't warn Oppy.

Hence, there are no leaks, no moles. You can speak with characters about public videos - but not about what they haven't seen for themselves.
Kasdeja
Hymn of One

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This could be a good way to tie in Neural Net and other such fanfic where all the different players info is consolidated for one transmission.

Good question, though, something I'd be interesting in seeing the Creatatron's answers on.

You cannot make another post so soon after your last; please try again in a short while.
Bagged, tagged, sold to the butcher at the store.
Kasdeja
Hymn of One

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh...well...after reading trainer's post...nevermind, lol.

You cannot make another post so soon after your last; please try again in a short while.
milowent
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for finding that trainer, i was wondering if they had made a definitive statement like that already.

while the idea of letting fans leak info to other characters sounds cool, in practice it would seem real difficult. i mean, every time a private video came up, people would be falling over eachother to contact other characters in the hope of being in the storyline. really the closest that a fan has ever been to being incorporated was the appointment of GoodGollyItsHolly to recommend, based on fan input, whether B&D should go to Jonas' (although they were already going no matter what, i still thought that was fun.)
trainer101
Moderator Manager

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's hard to keep straight sometimes. Every forum member has two "selves" - a "viewer self" and a "character self".
Our "viewer selves" see the private transmissions to move the story along. Our "character selves" do not see the private transmissions at all.

Miles compared it to watching "24". We, as viewers can observe the terrorists activities as they happen. Jack Bauer and the other characters cannot.
silvermoon

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for clearing that up, Trainer! Perhaps that info could be posted somewhere in the "in character" section? I know people have already made comments over there about leaking info to certain characters.

It could get confusing for newer members or those who didn't get the message (like me, lol).
trainer101
Moderator Manager

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stickied at the top of each "In Character" section. Smile
Kasdeja
Hymn of One

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

trainer, trainer, he's our man!

trainer101
Moderator Manager

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oooo.... Cheerleaders. YAY! Laughing
silvermoon

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Concerns and Complaints All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: