Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

No longer posting to YT???
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Concerns and Complaints
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kasdeja
Hymn of One

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 1:23 pm    Post subject: No longer posting to YT??? Reply with quote

Why is the newest video not on YouTube? That sucks.
Terryfic
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It has been the trend to post videos on Revver.com and this site first for the past few videos. They usually appear on YouTube shortly thereafter.
Kasdeja
Hymn of One

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It usually doesn't take an hour, though? Are we sure it's still going to be on YouTube?
milowent
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

looks like the delay was about 2.5 hours this time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NVg8gnikjJQ
Sfonzarelli
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe The Creators are tired of 1000 YouTube comments that say "YOU DUMB B****!!!! YOU'RE F***ING FAKE!!! I WAS IN LOVE WITH YOU!!! YOU STUPID WHORE!!!!"
Traegorn
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, the only reason it's frustrating is that YouTube lets you shrink the video a bit - and if you have ancient computers it plays better that way - while Revver doesn't offer that option...

Oh woe to the people who can't afford new computers. Razz
sparklenvy
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

youtube seems to be running really slowily today, it might have taken them longer to upload the video than they were expecting.

They probably upload the videos at roughly the same time.
NillaWafers
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They also may be trying to let it be known that you can get the new movie first at the sites that draw in revenue for them.
Kasdeja
Hymn of One

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 5:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My computer isn't old...it's a work computer. I don't have the allowances to upgrade things like I would have to in order to watch on Revver. Oh, woe is the person who lives so far out in the country that dial up is the only option and thus resorts to killing their home computer. Such is the way of the world.
justfred20
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Terryfic wrote:
It has been the trend to post videos on Revver.com and this site first for the past few videos. They usually appear on YouTube shortly thereafter.

And I thank the folks doing that! The revver *.mov's are larger images, have higher video quality, are easier to download and play and come with a meaningful filename attached. Downloading and playing a youtube *.flv is a real horror-show if one uses an open-source OS. One basically has to look at the HTML source, find the video filename in that HTML mess, download it, move it to a meaningful name and then finally play it with a video player.
Xen
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sfonzarelli wrote:
Maybe The Creators are tired of 1000 YouTube comments that say "YOU DUMB B****!!!! YOU'RE F***ING FAKE!!! I WAS IN LOVE WITH YOU!!! YOU STUPID WHORE!!!!"

I'm not sure I understand what you are getting at here. Do you mean to suggest people should... stop posting arbitrary curse words and idiotic rants? That is the very lifeblood of the internet, sir!
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

justfred20 wrote:
One basically has to look at the HTML source, find the video filename in that HTML mess, download it, move it to a meaningful name and then finally play it with a video player.

If you're using Firefox, you could also just grab the flv from the cache. But you're right, flv is annoying.
DeepBlueRug
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't care for the whole Revver business and LG15. I have no problem with them making money, it just seems crappy to make that money promoting a rival for the site that made you famous. It would be gutsy if they yanked it off of Youtube, but they'll continue selling Hondas off the Ford lot. Alright, I feel better now.
Sfonzarelli
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 2:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DeepBlueRug wrote:
I don't care for the whole Revver business and LG15. I have no problem with them making money, it just seems crappy to make that money promoting a rival for the site that made you famous. It would be gutsy if they yanked it off of Youtube, but they'll continue selling Hondas off the Ford lot. Alright, I feel better now.

For me, it's not so much brand loyalty as it is the contrasting ethos of the two sites. Every single video on YouTube is on there for the sole purpose of fun - it's free exchange of information. Revver ads cash and ads - all of a sudden it all feels kind of sleazy.

-.-. ..-. ..- -.- / ..- -.-- ---
lordgreystoke422
Thor's Hammer

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 7:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sfonzarelli wrote:
DeepBlueRug wrote:

For me, it's not so much brand loyalty as it is the contrasting ethos of the two sites. Every single video on YouTube is on there for the sole purpose of fun - it's free exchange of information. Revver ads cash and ads - all of a sudden it all feels kind of sleazy.

the contrasting ethos for the 2 sites are...YouTube-let's get the schmucks to make money for US. Revver-let's get everyone involved making money.

Call to Arms...Or Would That Be Feet? #54
http://one.revver.com/watch/156886/flv/affiliate/28541

There is No Ice Cream in the Champagne Room at the Ceremony #55
http://one.revver.com/watch/166473/flv/affiliate/28541

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Concerns and Complaints All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: