Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

QtheC [Humor] LOST fan video "What Kate Really Did"

View previous topic :: View next topic  
QtheC
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 7:58 am    Post subject: QtheC [Humor] LOST fan video "What Kate Really Did" Reply with quote

"What Kate Really Did"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T1xanjIXD9c

The first minute or so of this video looks like yet another romantically themed LOST fan video montage ... it gets funnier after that.

I made this video last fall before ever watching Lonelygirl15. I used it as the reward at the end of a collection of puzzles I put together (kind of a mini-ARG) with the help of some fellow LOST fans on a forum dedicated to that show called The Fuselage. We were following the "Lost Experience" ARG at the time, and there was a lot of waiting between new ARG material, so we made our own set of puzzles just for fun.

Some of the humor (to me anyway) lies in the way I have patched together screen shots from disparate LOST episodes to create scenes (lots of shots are mirrored), and made everything neutral in color since the original images were very different colors. I also ended up using scenes with a surprising number of different actresses as Kate, one way or another. I was also inspired to poke some gentle fun at the extremely dedicated Jack+Kate (Jaters) or Sawyer+Kate (Skaters) 'shippers' with the twists and turns in the plot.

The video includes some audio of LOST producers Damon Lindelof and Carlton Cuse in the official LOST podcast, answering a question I submitted via the ABC website last year. This question, and their response, was the original basis for the video - my version of an episode where LOST "jumps the shark." Later on, I thought to tie the video into the "Lost Experience" ARG, but those ideas were never fully implemented (there is an ARG reference at the end that imitates the style & sound of some material from the official ARG last summer).

Now that I have discovered Lonelygirl15, I find it amusing to watch this video again with the following character mappings, in an imaginary version I call "What Bree Really Did" :

Kate = Bree
Jack = Daniel
Sawyer = Jonas
Charlie = Owen
Mr. Eko = a Deacon

Enjoy!

Last edited by QtheC on Tue Apr 03, 2007 6:54 am; edited 2 times in total
Mirage
Hymn of One

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome!! The music at the begining was immediately nostalgic--I mean, how many damn times did we play and replay that damn video over and over and flippin OVER again? .."I'm Alvar Hanso"...GRRR! Very Happy

And "Romance is in the air" and then show a clip of Ethan and a Drugged!Claire? Love it. And the Brokeback Mountain music with Jack and Sawyer? That's a joke that NEVER gets old. Laughing Down with Jate, down with Skate, bring on more Jawyer! Dancing Eko had me laughing out loud (to Jungle Boogie, of COURSE!)...

But yeah, great video. Made me wanna go through the old RB videos and think about the "good ol' days..." Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> The FanFic Lobby All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: