Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Learning to drive
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Concerns and Complaints
View previous topic :: View next topic  
x3crown
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 7:56 pm    Post subject: Learning to drive Reply with quote

This episode was really bad.
The end dialogue was very weak. It is a mixture of a poor script and overacting by both actors.

I understand that your doing an episode a day and you guys are the latest buzz but please bring back the quality of script and acting.
curriguy
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 8:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Learning to drive Reply with quote

x3crown wrote:
This episode was really bad.
The end dialogue was very weak. It is a mixture of a poor script and overacting by both actors.

I understand that your doing an episode a day and you guys are the latest buzz but please bring back the quality of script and acting.

I think the transitions were weak. They were havnig a good time, being silly in the car. and then, very abruptly, they were having a heated argument.

In order to maintain believability, the filmmakers have to show a slow progression of rising frusteration. Their behavior just seemed eratic in this movie....and, thus, it wasn't plausible. The acting wasn't necessarily bad...I'd say the error was in the editting.

The previous argument between Bree and Daniel was done far better, because it showed them disagreeing (at first TRYING to be civil)...and then eventually exploding into anger.
HyeMew

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Based on this thread, I really think they should slow down just a bit. Some have said in the future they want an episode a day. That'd result in too much in too little time, both the quality would suffer and the whole suspense of waiting. Getting one a day would make it hard to keep up (not give much time to discuss each episode before a new one is released) and not to mention the fact people might get sick of it quicker if you are constantly having one a day. When they are every couple of days, each new one becomes a bit more rarer and the excitement for their release is a bit more pronounced.
Sfonzarelli
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was actually really impressed with the transition. It was clever. They don't have to spell it out for us. If they had shown the initial argument, it would have had to have involved Bree discussing the nature of her preparation; there would be less suspense and enigma regarding what she's doing.

This obviously isn't being told as a conventional film narrative.

I also think both of the actors are fine.
curriguy
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HyeMew wrote:
Based on this thread, I really think they should slow down just a bit. Some have said in the future they want an episode a day. That'd result in too much in too little time, both the quality would suffer and the whole suspense of waiting. Getting one a day would make it hard to keep up (not give much time to discuss each episode before a new one is released) and not to mention the fact people might get sick of it quicker if you are constantly having one a day. When they are every couple of days, each new one becomes a bit more rarer and the excitement for their release is a bit more pronounced.

I agree. as much as the anticipation kills me waiting for the next video, it does make viewing a more pleasurable experience. and if it gives them more time to put out a quality product, so be it.
afewthings
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 10:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Learning to drive Reply with quote

curriguy wrote:

I think the transitions were weak. They were havnig a good time, being silly in the car. and then, very abruptly, they were having a heated argument.

yes I agree.

It was especially weak because the premise the film-makers use is that of a vlog.

I dont think its plausible that a vlogger would post a video of themselves where half of it is an apparently sudden and heated argument, with no clear precedent or explanation. If anything, vloggers tend to over-explain everything.

Even more so because the argument concerns Bree's religion...something she is very protective of and secretive about when it comes to the audience...it seems out of character for her to decide to include it in her vlog

I think the idea of presenting this as a vlog is interesting, but it does mean the film-makers have to make sure everything that gets posted is consistant with that format, otherwise the illusion is lost completely.

I also agree with HyeMew, they need to slow down a bit. The last few have felt a bit rushed. I would rather see longer episodes less frequently, than short ones everyday.

Last edited by afewthings on Wed Sep 20, 2006 10:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
sparklenvy
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This personally seemed to me more like something Daniel would have posted on his blog opposed to Bree posting it on hers.
TheDealer
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I too think this episode was weak. I think everyone else pointed out why: weak transition, over acting, etc.
tim123
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

maybe they should create a third way of posting vblogs (as opposed to Bree or Daniel posting). In the case of the In The Park vblog, it didn't make sense that Bree would post it since it made her look like a junky or something.
Maybe the Creators should have their own account or a similar mechanism which introduces content from a neutral perspective.
ravensgrace

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, there was definitely a little overacting almost as if they were trying too hard. However, my biggest complaint with this release is that it should have been posted to Daniel's account to maintain continuity and believability.
[04:03] <lyriclyinclined> with the exception of a bad apple pucker incident
sparrow
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ravensgrace wrote:
Yes, there was definitely a little overacting almost as if they were trying too hard. However, my biggest complaint with this release is that it should have been posted to Daniel's account to maintain continuity and believability.

Definitely. I also don't buy the setting the camera down, walking over, and THEN yelling at Bree. Come on, if this was a vlog he would have been talking with the camera at some point, like he was when they were in the car

More believable script:

(Daniel explains he pissed her off, we see Bree sitting on ledge. Daniel's voice:)"I don't understand- shit. Hang on."
[Daniel sets down camera, conveniently angled to catch the action, and walks over] "I don't understand what your problem is!"

And quit overacting, kids!
TehSpectre
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now now, I think you guys are just being over-critical. The acting was a little over the top sure, but these are 2 young actors/ress' and I think they are doing just fine for theior level of experience.

(I am sure the "director" told Daniel to put the camera down and then yell at Bree. I doubt that was on him.)

Give 'em a chance, I can see them reading about this and getting all sad.

I think they are doing a great job so far. It was one of my favorite Daniel pieces actually...and Bree is just so darn adorable I don't care.

Very Happy

-H.P. Lovecraft
Sfonzarelli
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Obviously the fact that it's a real webcam is common knowledge now, so it gives them more artistic freedom.

I admit it would have been better if they adhered slightly more carefully to the pretense of it being a webcam in order to tell the story, but there IS such a thing as suspension of disbelief.
sparrow
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought it started out well (loved Daniel's teaching methods or lack thereof!).

I'm not completely blaing the actors, ore the whol LG15 nterprise.
curriguy
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sparrow wrote:
I thought it started out well (loved Daniel's teaching methods or lack thereof!).

I'm not completely blaing the actors, ore the whol LG15 nterprise.

the beginning was great
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Concerns and Complaints All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: