Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What's stopping YOU from making a video?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  

What's stopping YOU from making a video?
1) I don't have the right equpiment/software.
55%
 55%  [ 21 ]
2) I don't know how to use my equpiment/software.
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
3) I don't know how to create a character.
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
4) I have no idea what to make a video on.
23%
 23%  [ 9 ]
5) I don't think anyone would watch my videos.
15%
 15%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 38

Emsmu
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im looking for a way to make music mixes. Like remix a buncha songs together. Anyone know a program that can do that?

Tag, your it.
Ziola
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Emsmu wrote:
Im looking for a way to make music mixes. Like remix a buncha songs together. Anyone know a program that can do that?
I have a real basic program that I use for editing music for my business and it has the ability to do the crossfades that you are looking for. Sound Forge Audio Studio. Its really simple to use (it has to be, I'm a complete computer idiot) and its not too exspensive.
immortal1
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's getting a little off topicy in here.

I suggest if any specific questions come out of the discussion here that you give the question it's own thread so that it could be of benefit to others who wouldn't otherwise know these types of questions are being asked here.

It's been an interesting discussion and I hope we can find a way to get anyone who wants to be involved whatever they might need to get them to participate.
Ziola
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Embarassed Sorry...

Back on topic, all that's stopping me from making my video is that the darn package hasn't arrived Evil or Very Mad
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My first attempt at a vid should be up tomorrow. Just a response to Jonas' comment about the meridian lines for now. I may make it into a "Proving Jonas Wrong" series if he has more "dumb skater dude" moments (Seriously, he lived alone for how many years and never once looked through his dad's library, or looked up meridian lines on the web?!). Then there's a couple other things I'm thinking about doing.

You can at least do something like the HSA vids with WMM, and for my purposes, that seems to be the way to go. My appearance and voice would wreck the whole mood I'm trying to set with my character.
heyiknowsyou
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

whats stopping me is not enough storage on my computer... i have about *this much* HD space left.... guess i'll have to do some spring cleaning before i can get started...
janesalteredstates
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 4:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Presently the loss of Glenn's contributions are what have stopped me.
Magesa
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm never satisfied with my ideas, and I never have enought time. Besides, I feel like if I created a series I would want to give my characters answers: answers that could quickly be undermined by anything affirmative the creators might dream up! I suppose I'd have to make my character be surprised or tricked or something.
ladysolitary85
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 4:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a few ideas what I wanted to do as a character, but the problem with my webcam is that it freezes here and there and Window's Movie Maker keeps freezing on me everytime I try to make a video Sad so all I can do is youtube my video but do it all live. But that would make it kinda boring if I didn't add any special effects.

I want to make one sooooo bad though
immortal1
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ladysolitary85 wrote:
I have a few ideas what I wanted to do as a character, but the problem with my webcam is that it freezes here and there and Window's Movie Maker keeps freezing on me everytime I try to make a video Sad so all I can do is youtube my video but do it all live. But that would make it kinda boring if I didn't add any special effects.

I want to make one sooooo bad though

More difficult but not impossible. There are threads in this section about how to download(rip) videos from YT. You'd have to record it live, rip and convert it, then you'd have a file to edit. Finally you'd have to upload the new edited version. It it's a lot more work but it might help you get started until you sort out your technical difficulties.
S is for Summer
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With me it's largely a matter of not knowing what to do, character/storywise, and so being too nervous to jump in. I actually did a couple of videos several months ago, and they turned out very well for my first tries (I think), but I wound up scrapping it because I felt too out of my depth trying to sort out a whole story while learning a new medium, all without any direction.

I'm not sure why it feels so scary. I guess I just really don't want to be pointless... I'd like to know that I'm part of a story that's going somewhere. And coming up with that story myself feels incredibly intimidating.

I'm okay with seeming amateurish in my vlog production skills - it's just as realistic for my character to be learning this stuff new as it is for me - it's more that I don't want to seem horribly amateurish in the character/story quality. Not sure if that makes sense, but hopefully it does.
LLJade
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I honestly have no clue on how to make a video to put on YouTube and what not. I'm not even sure if I have the right equipment for it or not. I mean, I have a webcam and I have mics, but other then that, I really don't know what to do to put up a video.
impulse
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, nothing is stopping me! Very Happy

Let me explain for those who think they don't have the proper equipment. I'm an extreme example. I made recently a couple of videos. Actually the first videos I ever made. I went on a short trip to London with just a small (very small) finepix digital cam. This one.
I couldn't help but notice little things in London that reminded me of the LG15 universe. So I started to shoot random short footage clips. I didn't have a clear idea at first but then I realized Kate Modern will take place in London. So I started thinking about what I would like to see as a teaser for this new series. And I came up with a little scenario and put things together with the worst software you can imagine: windows movie maker. I used some music I made (that's where my equipment is) and posted it! So far the response has been rather nice.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> In Development All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: