Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

0165 "Losing My Religion" 4/03/07
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 12, 13, 14  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kimmi-Chan
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

longlostposter wrote:
Hyemew, you are wrong about Bree getting along with her mother more than her father.

From LGPedia:
Despite his strict and overprotective nature, Bree's father has a close relationship to her and in other respects seems the softer of the two parents. He encouraged her studies in science and also enjoyed taking her out to watch mystery movies. He also had a role in her homeschooling, as evidenced by his mention of their conversations about Richard Feynman and Jared Diamond.

Oh I see... that make some more sense now. My mom was always the stricter of the two parents, but I'm far closer to her.
HyeMew

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks that was an interesting analysis Lurker.

It covers up some perceived inconsistencies, though it also reminds me that Bree's mom indeed supported Bree and her dad when they all agreed she didn't have to do the ceremony. I mean sure maybe the mom was lying, but why would she? Being that she indeed is the leader of the Order or something close, I really can't see why her mom would reassure Bree about not having to do with and support her with that unconditionally. We know so little about the background stories, what their aims were, and all that jazz. It's not a complete plot hole, because knowing so little about what Bree's mom has been up to and all technically she could have had her own plans all along which we of course don't know the background to so it's technically hard to tell exactly.

Overall though, I chalk it up to a lack of an overarching plot. They were making it up as they go along, and continued to for a very long time afterwards. The characters were never completely established and fleshed out from the beginning, so that caused the various consistency problems and semi-problems, and by the nature of the show's original plan there was no need to plan this whole thing out so that caused that.
longlostposter
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lurker wrote:
I remember that back in the day we all did kind of assume that Bree had a better relationship with her mom, but looking back at the videos now, it actually kind of looks even between them to me, such that either one becoming the closer parent could have been done believably.

I might be overlooking some, so let me know if I miss any here:

-"My Parents Suck..."
This was a negative for both of them

-"I Probably Shouldn't Post This..."
Bree was angry at Daniel for portraying her dad as a jerk, so this was probably a positive point for him (it would at least suggest that she didn't think he was a jerk)

-"Mysteries of My Past... REVEALED!"
Here Bree tells us about her dad waking her up when she was 10 while they were living in Australia; this is when she hung onto his shoulders while he carried her up a hill and they went with some other people to watch the really big rain drops; this seems like a positive for him too to me

-"A Change In My Life"
Here was when Bree revealed that she'd been chosen for the ceremony. She mentions that her mom offered to help her with her preparations. That could probably be seen as a positive for her mom (I'm trying to look at it without considering the knowledge we have now of her mom being a zealot who would want to make sure Bree prepared well for reasons other than a desire to be helpful to her daughter)

-"Should I Or Shouldn't I?"
This is where we got the line about Bree's mom usually taking her side. That would certainly be a positive for her (not sure how the fact that she sided with Bree's dad this time may impact that; presumably not too much since the implication is that she's taken Bree's side on several past occasions), however, thinking about it now, we didn't really get any implication of what stance her dad took when she and her mom might have had a disagreement, so we were really operating with only half of the relevant side-taking data

So, judging it on a basis of quantity (I won't say quality because we all won't regard the different things with the same value), it would be both of them with positive 1 point.

I think a lot of us back then just assumed that Bree must have a better relationship with her mom because we thought her dad was a jerk - and that was largely influenced by what had happened with him and Daniel and how her dad was giving her the shots. To be fair, thinking about it now (but I don't remember us ever really bringing it up back then), her mom was allowing the shots to go on too, so that didn't really make one of them look worse than the other.

So, yeah, I don't really think it's so much of a contradiction what we've learned now. We don't know the specifics of it all, and as such, I feel like it's not necessarily inconsistent. Inconsistent based on our past assumptions, yes, but our assumptions could have easily been flawed.

Both Bree's mom and dad were pretty much even on positive points by the time of the fake ceremony, and after that both of them got more positive points by telling Bree she didn't have to do the real ceremony (I'm assuming they both meant it) and telling her to stay with Daniel. From there it was really easy to reveal her as being more close to one of them without actually causing a contradiction. There was - and still is - so little we knew about her relationship with either of them, and both had been portrayed in fairly equal shades of negative and positive (from Bree's standing).
Great analysis, Lurker. You really captured what I've been trying to say. Just because her Father was stricker, doesn't mean he wasn't the one she interacted with the most. He was the one who cared for her, evidenced by the fact he got himself killed trying to warn her about the Order.
Shout outs to my beautiful daughter badkittyx1505, Aithne, and Lurker.
longlostposter
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HyeMew wrote:
Overall though, I chalk it up to a lack of an overarching plot. They were making it up as they go along, and continued to for a very long time afterwards. The characters were never completely established and fleshed out from the beginning, so that caused the various consistency problems and semi-problems, and by the nature of the show's original plan there was no need to plan this whole thing out so that caused that.
Mew says that I never miss a chance to prove him wrong. However, he doesn't address the fact that he attacks the Creators with every post. This is unacceptable as a mod.
impulse
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

longlostposter wrote:
HyeMew wrote:
Mew says that I never miss a chance to prove him wrong. However, he doesn't address the fact that he attacks the Creators with every post. This is unacceptable as a mod.

Could you please take that to PM, it's pretty annoying to go through pages and pages of you two fighting over and over. I, and certainly a lot of people here, don't give a shit about your little flame war.
longlostposter
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, sorry, impulse. You are right.
Wisi Girl
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since it seems certain fans are acting childish in this forum right now, I believe I feel more comfortable doing the same:

Waaaaa!!! Nobody commented on my post!!! I posted it twice just to make sure I wouldn't be overlooked like I ususally am!!! Waaaaa!!!

Ha ha! Actually, I don't mind but there was a question or two I offered to the community that I would be interested in reading feedback. That is all. Seriously, I think some of us need to grow up.
Breepop
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flame wars make me giggle. Very Happy

...Anyway. I just looked over the Hymn Of One's myspace... tad bit creepy to say the least.

What's all the jibberish though? Or do we not know yet?
(Sorry if this has already been addressed. I've read a large portion of the thread, just skipping a few pages... may have missed it.)

[Yeah, my name really is Bree >.>]
impulse
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Breepop wrote:

...Anyway. I just looked over the Hymn Of One's myspace... tad bit creepy to say the least.

(Sorry if this has already been addressed. I've read a large portion of the thread, just skipping a few pages... may have missed it.)

It's enochian, and means "What ever happened to that girl Cassie?"
longlostposter
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

impulse wrote:
Breepop wrote:

It's enochian, and means "What ever happened to that girl Cassie?"
Wow. Just wow.
EternalConfusion
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sure the MySpace is just FanFiction. MySpace is connected to alot of people and creating one wouldn't be that hard at all, so I'm sure that person knew they wuld be getting ALOT of attention.

But if I'm wrong, interesting! Laughing
EternalConfusion
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hm, so I just checked her myspace out and if it is a Canon then the age is important. 34? Too young to be Bree's mom (unless she had her really young), too old to be Gemma, can't be tachyon, and we know that Alex isn't that old. So who could it be?

And their location is UK.. soo is there any chance Bree could be travelling?

Just theories, not facts so please do not bit my head off Razz
robtomorrow
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lurker wrote:

Off hand I can think of one, the letter in P.Monkey that came with the money for Bree's escape was from Bree's mom (by the way we never learned what was in the letter, just one of the many loose ends).
Lurker

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

robtomorrow wrote:
Lurker wrote:

Off hand I can think of one, the letter in P.Monkey that came with the money for Bree's escape was from Bree's mom (by the way we never learned what was in the letter, just one of the many loose ends).

In which video was it that they specified it was from her mom? I only remember "On The Run" saying it was from her parents (I assumed it to be from both of them).

Last edited by Lurker on Wed Apr 04, 2007 8:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
HenrySugar
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The symbol looks kinda like an upside down fermata to me.
A fermata is a musical symbol that’s designed to hold a long pause between notes.
I don’t think it’s relevant, but that’s what it looks like anyway.

http://www.music.vt.edu/musicdictionary/textf/Fermata.html
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> The Videos All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 13 of 14

Jump to: