Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Too bad...with the new video

View previous topic :: View next topic  
EdWont
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 9:48 pm    Post subject: Too bad...with the new video Reply with quote

Anyone else think that the new video really lended itself well to the old ligatures? I assume that puzzle is dead, otherwise there'd be some chatter about it here. Right?
Me: You have to be when you're working against the Order.
ApotheosisAZ
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ed, the title you chose for this comment is ambiguous. So is the comment itself. My gut reaction was to move it immediately to the General Discussion area, but my curiosity was piqued.

Can you elaborate?
epogen
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 4:45 am    Post subject: Re: Too bad...with the new video Reply with quote

EdWont wrote:
Anyone else think that the new video really lended itself well to the old ligatures? I assume that puzzle is dead, otherwise there'd be some chatter about it here. Right?

gotta say, it is apparent that op/tach/bro fans think this game is dead,,,,,wish it wasn't so.
edited out things that would probably be unsavory.

sad that they all left, but sadder still that they didn't stay. i miss it!
Killthesmiley
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 5:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yup it belongs in the gen dis apo

YOU: Who does that KTS think she is? Total bitch!

ME: I think I'm you, only better.

~Kelly, KMurr, and Kellylen <3~
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
ApotheosisAZ
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, I moved it. Perhaps Ed will add more later.
JustAnotherLonelyGirl.
P. Monkey's Agent

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm still here...mourning the loss of Oppy Crying or Very sad
avian_firefly
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yup I cam e running back to the oppy stuff from this vid too. It's sad it has simmered off since the plots became more linked.

if you look too hard, you can go mad, but if you continue to look, you become liberated
EdWont
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ApotheosisAZ wrote:
Ed, the title you chose for this comment is ambiguous. So is the comment itself. My gut reaction was to move it immediately to the General Discussion area, but my curiosity was piqued.

Can you elaborate?

Hey there, sorry for the ambiguity. Sometimes I write things in certain ways...

Seriously, though. In the video where Bree talks about the Hymn of One, she declares that the religion is simply a front for the Order. This plays into how each of the ligatures was a faction of some sort. We weren't sure how the religion and the Order interacted, but it was clear (from Tachy's e-mails) that the ligatures showed different branches. Now, since we know that the religion is a front for the Order, then (if we were still playing) I would say that one of the ligatures is a symbol for the religion (or the part of the Order that oversees the religion). Now, if this were the case, there'd be certain implications about the Watchers. Specifically, that they are a part of the Order but NOT part of the Hymn of One (assuming that distinct ligatures implies distinct function) which would slightly illuminate why a Watcher would kill the person pursuing the gang- they're not a solitary entity.
ApotheosisAZ
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EdWont wrote:
Specifically, that they are a part of the Order but NOT part of the Hymn of One (assuming that distinct ligatures implies distinct function) which would slightly illuminate why a Watcher would kill the person pursuing the gang- they're not a solitary entity.

I beleive this does clear up your post. Thanks!

However, let me add a hypothetical.

If I were an operative for a branch of the order that carries out "hits" on rogue agents, I would certainly dress in a manner that would leave witnesses beleiving that I were someone else. Perhaps a Watcher.
EdWont
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ApotheosisAZ wrote:
EdWont wrote:
Specifically, that they are a part of the Order but NOT part of the Hymn of One (assuming that distinct ligatures implies distinct function) which would slightly illuminate why a Watcher would kill the person pursuing the gang- they're not a solitary entity.

I beleive this does clear up your post. Thanks!

However, let me add a hypothetical.

If I were an operative for a branch of the order that carries out "hits" on rogue agents, I would certainly dress in a manner that would leave witnesses beleiving that I were someone else. Perhaps a Watcher.

Great point. I thought about the rogue agent thing, and the only thing that didn't rest easy with me is that we know there was at least two (probably more) people involved in the abduction/torture. I say this because of the messaging...the information was being sent to somebody. Then again, I could probably argue against this as well...I don't know! I guess we have to wait it out. Peace!
JustAnotherLonelyGirl.
P. Monkey's Agent

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I understand what you mean. Do you think one of the symbols from the Tachyon puzzle represents the Hymn Of One?
EdWont
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honestly, I have no idea. I mean...I don't know how everything fits together since all that controversy happened. Granted I'm not as good about checking what's happening as I should be...but is Tachyon even a character still?

That all being said, assuming that everything that happened prior to the controversy still is part of the ARG, I still wouldn't want to comment. It's tempting to say 'yes' because that would give me the feeling that we've made some headway, but something doesn't feel right about that. Specifically, the ligatures looked to be a religious text themselves. This leads me to think that although the religion is a front for the Order, the line isn't so distinct...at least not to those who aren't in-the-know. That is to say that the higher ups of the religion have their own agendas and goals, and they use the religion to obtain those goals. They may have their own subordinates working outside of the religion (the way the Pope hires the Swiss national guard as bodyguards, for example*), but on the outside they present themselves as being workers for the Hymn of One faith. Thus, we have the religious front (put out by the top members of the church) for the Order (the top members of the church and their subordinates who lay outside the religion). Not sure if I made that clear...oh well.

*I'm not saying the Pope or Catholic church abduct people and try to get them to do ceremonies...I was just trying to show that it's plausible for a head of a religion to have subordinates who aren't within the religion.

EDIT: Yeah, this pretty much contradicts my initial thoughts on the matter...but it seems more plausible to me, the more I think about it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> OpAphid: Archive All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: