Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Spring Break
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Esteed
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 8:30 pm    Post subject: Spring Break Reply with quote

Okay, let's get the serious talk out of the way first so we can move on to the funny.

Normality. What you've got to remember, Bree, is that normality is a state of mind. It's a perspective. When I hang out with my friends, we usually roll up elves and dwarves and pretend to be running around fantasy worlds doing things that make a name for us (sometimes in comical ways, but that's a whoooooole other story... >.>) or playing video games, or watching movies or TV. (Sidenote: If you need some good stuff to watch on, say, a portable DVD player? Supernatural. Season one is out on DVD and it is really superb.) To us, sitting on the beach like that would seem a little weird. Not to say we'd never do it, but it certainly wouldn't be something we'd consider "normal" for us. I think a lot of people struggle with the definition of normality, of what it means to fit in and be normal, without ever realizing that the only true definition of normality is the one you make for yourself.

And now for the funny.

I was drinking a glass of water when that last little part of the video played. This was a bad idea, because I ended up laughing so hard it flew about halfway across the room. Laughing It's ironic, isn't it, that Daniel said his footage of Jonas snoring and mumbling in his sleep was blackmail material, and then you find something ten times more embarrassing on Daniel's?
lonelygirl15
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 8:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Spring Break Reply with quote

Esteed wrote:

I think a lot of people struggle with the definition of normality, of what it means to fit in and be normal, without ever realizing that the only true definition of normality is the one you make for yourself.

I 100% agree with you. It's what I've struggled with my whole life. I've never really fit in ya know the whole homeschooled thing didn't really go over well with people my age. And now... the Order is chasing me and my friends, kidnapping us... not exactly normal either lol. I think Jonas and Daniel, especially Daniel, are drinking so much and partying because they do yearn for that normality of people our age ... whatever that may be. Daniel has been through so much ... I understand his perspective of wanting to escape. It's just not my idea (not that I'm judging) of a fun way to escape.

Esteed wrote:

And now for the funny.

I was drinking a glass of water when that last little part of the video played. This was a bad idea, because I ended up laughing so hard it flew about halfway across the room. Laughing It's ironic, isn't it, that Daniel said his footage of Jonas snoring and mumbling in his sleep was blackmail material, and then you find something ten times more embarrassing on Daniel's?

Yep, I can't wait until tomorrow when they see this!! Very Happy
consideration
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bree, if you were normal you wouldn't have tons of devoted people watching all your videos and wanting to help you!

Seriously though, don't worry about being normal. Normal people are boring. I think. I've never really fit in with them either, so I don't know what they're like. Laughing

By the way, this new video is my favorite. I just think it's absolutely great.
xentis
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

uhh i got two things for ya

did you pick any of those purrty flowers?

do you know anything about you're name, is bree you're birthname or did you're "parents" give it to you?
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Esteed
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can see why you wouldn't think it's very fun. In moderation, as with all things, it isn't necessarily bad, but it's just so easy to abuse. I tend to find myself in similar situations on the rare occasions when I drink, so I can definitely see where Daniel and Jonas are coming from. Especially in your situation, there are times when it's healthy for you to just let go and let it all out. For some that might mean partying, for others that might mean a quiet night reading, for others that means a movie night or game night or something of the sort. Whatever allows you to channel your feelings out harmlessly rather than letting them boil and eat away at you inside. The problem is people seem to think alcohol is a tool to use for the former, when really all it does is stall the confrontation of a problem. What you're running from is still going to be there when you wake up, and it'll just be all the more unpleasant if you have to deal with a hangover as well.

Again, just remember that normal is what you make of it. My philosophy is if you're having fun and/or are happy with yourself, and you're not hurting yourself or others, then it's all good.

I will say this as well: Daniel and Jonas probably both want to have the "normal" lives of people our age. But never forget that they care about you, and want to help you. Just like us.

Also, you've gotta tell us what their reactions are when they see that clip! I bet that'll be absolutely classic!
lonelygirl15
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Esteed wrote:

Again, just remember that normal is what you make of it. My philosophy is if you're having fun and/or are happy with yourself, and you're not hurting yourself or others, then it's all good.

I will say this as well: Daniel and Jonas probably both want to have the "normal" lives of people our age. But never forget that they care about you, and want to help you. Just like us.

Also, you've gotta tell us what their reactions are when they see that clip! I bet that'll be absolutely classic!

I completely agree with you! I can see you've done some soul searching of your own. Wink As for the boys drinking, it's not that big of a deal. They're just having some fun. Sure I had to take care of them, but I'm glad they were able to go out and enjoy themselves. I'll let you know how they react! Should be interesting...
Jo_16_2
Hymn of One

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you definitely have some blackmail material there Razz
and please dont try to wake up the boys with loud music or a scream or anything, their heads would explode Laughing
and remember, no one at our age is normal, so dont worry Wink
i got really sad when you were talking about the other guys on the beach, but dont be down, head's up, and keep strong! Wink
Esteed
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lonelygirl15 wrote:
I can see you've done some soul searching of your own. Wink

Just a little, lol. As a kid I was always into science and figuring out how things worked, to the point that I'd take stuff apart just to see what made it tick. I lost many an action figure to that habit. Laughing That curiosity about things also included people (although I didn't take them apart, lol) and even concepts. Can't say as I've ever taken any real philosophy courses, but I like to sit and philosophize sometimes.

lonelygirl15 wrote:
As for the boys drinking, it's not that big of a deal. They're just having some fun. Sure I had to take care of them, but I'm glad they were able to go out and enjoy themselves. I'll let you know how they react! Should be interesting...

Lol, I see they haven't gotten to the point of shouting out, "By the power of Greyskull!" while on abandoned train tracks yet, then. Because let me tell you, when you start making He-Mann jokes, it's time to put down the bottle! Laughing
xentis
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think you'll like this read

http://www.findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m2267/is_n2_v65/ai_20964252/pg_2

heres a quote from first page

Quote:

The idea that there are normal and abnormal ways for people to be and to behave is a very familiar one. So also is the idea that abnormality--or deviance--is something regrettable, deplorable, and even, in some cases, punishable. Here, however, my main concern will be to consider what might be meant by the claim that a person is, in some respect, normal. There is, no doubt, an unsophisticated usage according to which what is normal is what is familiar, and the unfamiliar is feared or condemned as abnormal. But since we are all sophisticated this need not detain us.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Jo_16_2
Hymn of One

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sooooo true Smile
Luminous
Thor's Hammer

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lonelygirl15 wrote:
Esteed wrote:

I completely agree with you! I can see you've done some soul searching of your own. Wink As for the boys drinking, it's not that big of a deal. They're just having some fun. Sure I had to take care of them, but I'm glad they were able to go out and enjoy themselves. I'll let you know how they react! Should be interesting...

Bree, if you don't mind my saying so, this is just flat out crazy coming from a girl who just got kidnapped in a gas station, lost her memory for 3 days and woke up running through the desert pursued by a "Crazy Guy" who was shot by a possible Watcher Confused I mean Huh Question The three of you really need to stay together and on your toes at all times. They can't go getting sloppy drunk, and you're nuts to be running around Mexico on your own with out them with you. I realize you're probably all getting on each other's nerves by now big time, but seriously, WHAT ARE YOU THINKING Question Question Question
mincartaugh
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

consideration wrote:
Bree, if you were normal you wouldn't have tons of devoted people watching all your videos and wanting to help you!

Seriously though, don't worry about being normal. Normal people are boring. I think. I've never really fit in with them either, so I don't know what they're like.

There's another thing about what you're going through right now. Years from now, when you are sitting with your grandchildren and talking about the life you lead long ago, you'll look at this time as one of positive energy, close friends, grand adventures and great fun. You won't remember the long hours in the car or the taste of dumpster food or the smell of 2 days without showers. You'll remember Jonas showing up out of the blue; taking you in; bringing you cookies. You'll remember Daniel laying on your bed reading a comic or pounding fish into mush. And you'll remember the affection you've held for each of them.

All right. That's enough maudlin ramblings from an old geezer. Be well. Take care of your boys.
sarahsnotebook
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bree, darling, you made my day. I was in the mother of all bad moods until I saw those two lying in the street with that stupid sombrero! Daniel's laughter at the end didn't hurt either. Thank you. Smile

As for feeling normal, you're not abnormal in the slightest, so don't let anyone ever tell you that, okay? I thought drinking and partying was stupid when I was your age too. I understand feeling as though you are missing out on having a normal life though. You and I really aren't too different--I've just been around longer and had time to figure things out a bit more. Just don't let the Order and all the trouble it has caused you crush your spirit--I'd hate to see that happen to you.

You've got your hands full with the boys, but I'd say you are handling everything wonderfully.

every body is a book of blood. whenever we're opened, we're red.
~clive barker
Lurker

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bree, I would like to say that I'm proud of the progress you've made in maturing and handling things in a smart way (and thank you for also taking the time to talk to us these days). I'm sure you know that you haven't always done that.

That said, though, I've got to agree with everything Luminous told you. Your boys aren't behaving in an acceptable manner given your circumstances. Don't make excuses for them. You're two drinking binges away from becoming an enabler.
QtheC
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bree,

Given all that has been happening, and adding that you are travelling in a foreign country as well, I think you, Jonas, and Daniel would be safer staying together than going your separate ways. To convince them, you may pretend you want the boys to protect you, when really, we know it is probably you that will do the protecting.

In any case, I hope you learned a little about defending yourself at 'Camp Tachyon,' and am curious as to whether you would describe your personal Kung-Fu style as more Bruce Lee or more Jackie Chan? (I'm sure Jonas can fill you in on these two if you are not that familiar with their films).

Stay safe and enjoy the nice weather this weekend,
~ QtheC
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Bree Chat All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: