Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

I am 98% sure I know what the ceremony is.(possible spoiler)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cleo
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 11:18 am    Post subject: Rational Fear Reply with quote

Wow, very interesting. I'd heard of the Necronomicon through Lovecraft but didn't realize that a book had surfaced that most acknowledged to actually be it. My take is that the human will to conjure spirits is potentially far more dangerous than the means through which they attempt it.
Esteed
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 5:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Rational Fear Reply with quote

Cleo wrote:
Wow, very interesting. I'd heard of the Necronomicon through Lovecraft but didn't realize that a book had surfaced that most acknowledged to actually be it. My take is that the human will to conjure spirits is potentially far more dangerous than the means through which they attempt it.

Agreed 110%. Ultimately it doesn't matter which ritual is the correct one, what matters is the desire and the will to bring about change in the world around you, and how well you're able to focus that will.
silvermoon

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As H P Lovecraft always confirmed that the Necronomicon was his own fictional invention (and it is the first reference to the Necronomicon) I do believe that all books that call themselves by this title are "hoaxes" in the sense that they are not "the" Necronomicon. (Of course following ancient Godlike extraterrestrials does sound like another religion I can think of...)

Whether the ceremonies and/or rituals would work if you played them out...well, I agree with the previous posters -- it's more about the will of the person than the actual words, pronunciations, gestures, etc. The human will and determination to change a situation is a powerful thing.
ViaTheInternet
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 2:12 pm    Post subject: Re: I am 98% sure I know what the ceremony is.(possible spoi Reply with quote

silvermoon wrote:
He explained to us that it would be the same for those who would be "listening" for the words we might speak. Though they might not be completely correct, they would be recognized and responded to.

Yanno.. thats so common sense and it never even occured to me. Thank you for replying with that. :]

Cleo wrote:
My take is that the human will to conjure spirits is potentially far more dangerous than the means through which they attempt it.

I am a huge believer in human will too.. I'm glad you brought that up. That also goes with what silvermoon said.. so even if you try to protect yourself by pronouncing something wrong, your subconcious and your consious both know what it is that you mean.. and if your will is strong enough it will get the point across.
Hmm, interesting.

I am not saying I believe in this book either or the powers it claims.. but I do know that anything is possible and I'd rather not take my chances with something potentially dangerous that I do not understand.

I guess all we gotta hope is that the Creators dont have the will to invoke dangerous spirits. lol.. or anyone for that matter.
JustAnotherLonelyGirl.
P. Monkey's Agent

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm kind of confused since I've never read any of this but now I kind of want to. Can you explain what is so dangerous about all this?
silvermoon

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 5:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The danger is having any belief that you might actually be able to perform the rituals or ceremonies in these books, if you don't have any real idea of what you are doing.

If you have belief, but not skill, you can open yourself to any number of possibilities. From (worse case scenario) raising an entity into the world that you can not put back down or opening yourself up to being possessed by it or (best case scenario) convincing yourself that you might have done something that you didn't, and driving yourself into a bad mental place from the paranoia.

Of course, it's all about will and belief. If you are a complete disbeliever, I don't think there is any danger of you picking up the books and reading over them.
Balmung
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

my personal belief is that spirits don't exist per se, by that i mean that you can't bring back someone's spirit, but i do believe in demons, and that they are FRIGGIN SCARY and i think that the "will to summon" concept is what applies because they look for people that actually want to interact with / be possessed by them.

i don't think that the ritual or names or pronunciations really have anything to do with anything, but were someone to actually try one of them in earnest, they would probably end up with a lot more than they bargained for!!
Esteed
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 4:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've read the book in question, and I agree. Nothing overly harmful for a non-believer, but the more you believe the more dangerous it could get.
ViaTheInternet
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

silvermoon wrote:
or (best case scenario) convincing yourself that you might have done something that you didn't, and driving yourself into a bad mental place from the paranoia.

exactly.. and we are absolutely the most gullible generation.
Michelle
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wait so what exactly happens in the ceremony then?

& don't worry I don't believe in spirits or demons or ghosts or any of that crap so I think I am safe. LOL.
mincartaugh
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Michelle wrote:
Wait so what exactly happens in the ceremony then?
Wish we knew! That is the $64,000 question.
maxomai
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 9:44 am    Post subject: Re: I am 98% sure I know what the ceremony is.(possible spoi Reply with quote

silvermoon wrote:

I'm not going to comment on whether I believe the book is "real" or not, but I do want to comment about the "don't use correct pronunciation" statement. I once took a class where they covered Enochian (very briefly) while talking about another subject. The teacher of the class, explained that no one really knew the correct pronunciations, but if you were ever to try to use them, to just pronounce them the best way that you can.

He made the example that if you went to another country and someone unfamiliar with the pronunciation of your name called out to you by name-- it might not be the correct way to say your name, but you would probably recognize it as your name and respond to it.

He explained to us that it would be the same for those who would be "listening" for the words we might speak. Though they might not be completely correct, they would be recognized and responded to.

So don't think that you can speak something like that aloud and just use the wrong pronunciation. If there is any truth to any of it, it can still be recognized and possibly responded to. If you are unsure of what you are doing or how to reverse something in the occult, best to just leave it completely alone.

Sounds like you took the class from Lon Duquette, or someone who took the class from Lon Duquette. Smile

That's been my experience with the Enochian material as well. But -- and this is important -- different rules apply to different magickal systems. You don't change things unless you understand how deep the symbolism of each action goes, and what the consequences of changing it would be.
N+++ Dsr A+ a+ C G+++ QH+++
666++++ Y+
------END MAGIC CODE BLOCK------
marlasinger
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Necronomicon itself is not dangerous. I'd be tempted to say that those who read it with a clear mind and an understanding that it is the intent, not the words, that summons some form of energy within you - not necessarily from outside of you - will be able to maintain a safe environment. No salt necessary.

We'll find out eventually.

The Bree Solution.
http://one.revver.com/watch/330795

"Also... im in ur canons... supporting all ur marlas."
-AutoPilate
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Languorous Lass
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very impressive research, all.
silvermoon

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 5:41 am    Post subject: Re: I am 98% sure I know what the ceremony is.(possible spoi Reply with quote

maxomai wrote:

Sounds like you took the class from Lon Duquette, or someone who took the class from Lon Duquette. Smile

That's been my experience with the Enochian material as well. But -- and this is important -- different rules apply to different magickal systems. You don't change things unless you understand how deep the symbolism of each action goes, and what the consequences of changing it would be.

I took a class from someone who studied with Duquette up in NY (I'm in NJ). I haven't really worked with the Enochian material, but I do like to learn about things that could crop up in the pagan life. It was a great class and I learned quite a bit.

And I agree with you completely on no changing things in an already established ritual/ceremony if you are not completely sure you understand what every syllable and motion means in the first place -- and what you are changing it to will mean.

Better to leave it all alone if you don't know what you are doing.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Her Religion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: