Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Facility J [Discussion] - LGpedia
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Facility J: Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Luminous
Thor's Hammer

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 5:26 pm    Post subject: Facility J [Discussion] - LGpedia Reply with quote

Hi all, I just need to inform you that I need to step back from taking the lead in organizing the LGpedia. New changes to the fanfic section are making it far more labor intensive than the time I have to dedicate to it. I'm still happy to help when I have time, but I can't shoulder the primary responsibility. I also don't have the time or the patience to get into the indepth discussions with the Mods I think will be required to resolve this. Just wanted you all to know, so you don't think I'm slackin' Wink
ignatzmouse
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 7:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Facility J [Discussion] - LGpedia Reply with quote

Luminous wrote:
Hi all, I just need to inform you that I need to step back from taking the lead in organizing the LGpedia. New changes to the fanfic section are making it far more labor intensive than the time I have to dedicate to it. I'm still happy to help when I have time, but I can't shoulder the primary responsibility. I also don't have the time or the patience to get into the indepth discussions with the Mods I think will be required to resolve this. Just wanted you all to know, so you don't think I'm slackin' Wink

Thanks for all the work you've put in! I think I can take over some of the work on the Facility J page. I've started doing some spring cleaning already.
Luminous
Thor's Hammer

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 8:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Facility J [Discussion] - LGpedia Reply with quote

ignatzmouse wrote:

Thanks for all the work you've put in! I think I can take over some of the work on the Facility J page. I've started doing some spring cleaning already.

Yay! The page feels much cleaner Mouse Very Happy . Good work!

Just so you know, alot of the video pages have already been set up with templates, by Blahblablee. They just need the content fleshed out and to be linked to the main page. They can be found by searching for the title of the video. I'm gradually working on uploading the video thumbnails to each page, and adding the correct links to Revver and YouTube. The plan was, once the video pages are all complete, we would remove the transcripts of the videos from the main page, and replace them with a plot summary, and a list of links to the video pages.

And romanceismusic suggested putting the video links and forum links together in chronological order, so that it's easier to follow the development of the story, as well as reference back to them as needed.
blahblablee
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've done a lot of the video pages (but they aren't linked to the regular Facility J page. I'm gonna try to pick up on where I've left off and finish it up...

If anyone wants to jump on that with me I'm up to

Catalyst (Find Him)

http://www.lonelygirl15.com/lgpedia/index.php?title=Catalyst_%28Find_Him%29

Please don't forget to go in order of dates and put walter's vids in there Smile
trainer101
Moderator Manager

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I added my own little contribution. I created a header for the page.
Luminous
Thor's Hammer

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

trainer101 wrote:
I added my own little contribution. I created a header for the page.

Trainer, this is just AWESOME! Woo hoo

While I was on the page, I snooped around a bit, looking for broken links that need to be repaired - Here is an example:

The LG15 Fan Video's and Spin Off's section no longer exists, so the link is broken needs to be repaired. I'll take care of this one, but I just want to give everyone who is working on the page a heads up to keep your eye out for problem links like this. There may be a few.
janesalteredstates
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You guys are my heroes! Thank so much. Maybe one day I'll do something useful too! Confused Wink
ignatzmouse
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 6:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The page is looking better and better!

Trainer, the image is awesome, but (niggle niggle niggle) right now it says "Your Guide to the Tacility J' ARG" (oops).
trainer101
Moderator Manager

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's an "F" with a quotation mark in front of it - honest!
I can see that the font didn't translate too well so the F is hard to read. I'll clean it up a little.
ignatzmouse
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

trainer101 wrote:
It's an "F" with a quotation mark in front of it - honest!

That's your story and you're sticking to it Smile New version is much easier on folks like me with failing eyesight.
janesalteredstates
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I swear I have ADD. I have the worst time following the LGpedia pages. Is there anything else still in need of doing? I wanna help Embarassed

I'll go look at it again. Honestly, it's like I have some sort of LGpedia disability!
romanceismusic
Owen's Helper

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

janesalteredstates wrote:
I swear I have ADD. I have the worst time following the LGpedia pages. Is there anything else still in need of doing? I wanna help Embarassed

I'll go look at it again. Honestly, it's like I have some sort of LGpedia disability!

I'm working on a massive guide like i did for OpA. not sure if it will be useful or not, but if you'd like to help me, i'd absolutely love that Very Happy
Op Heads
GTKEO Addicts

I love you all!
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
ignatzmouse
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm over at the JPedia right now, edity edity edit. I finished up a first pass at individual pages for the videos, which means the "Videos" section is now drastically shorter than it used to be. Thanks to Blahblablee for doing almost all the work, I was just finishing up what they started.

The main thing that's missing from the video pages is screenshots for the videos after Catalyst (Find Him). I just put the placeholder generic FacJ image in its place.

I wouldn't mind seeing a drastically smaller front page for the JPedia, similar to the AphidPedia, with just links to pages for the videos, pages for the puzzles, and something like romanceismusic's "massive guide". Does this seem like a good idea to people, or would you rather have something more like the monolithic page of old?
trainer101
Moderator Manager

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm all for a creative, artistic layout - makes it more appealing to new folks coming on board.
Ziola
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ohhhh...

*claps hands happily*

Pretty is good Very Happy

*goes back to coloring in the corner*
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Facility J: Archive All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: