Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Facility J [Discussion] - LGpedia
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Facility J: Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ignatzmouse
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, I'm done for tonight. My main achievement was finishing off those video pages, hooray. The page still looks unfinished, but hopefully it'll get prettier as I work on it.

Tum te tum, gives us something to do while we wait for the mail. Drums fingers.
TOSG
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You guys are doing great work. Hopefully I'll get a chance to contribute in a few days, once I get a little less busy with some other stuff.
Luminous
Thor's Hammer

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ignatzmouse wrote:
I'm over at the JPedia right now, edity edity edit. I finished up a first pass at individual pages for the videos, which means the "Videos" section is now drastically shorter than it used to be. Thanks to Blahblablee for doing almost all the work, I was just finishing up what they started.

The main thing that's missing from the video pages is screenshots for the videos after Catalyst (Find Him). I just put the placeholder generic FacJ image in its place.

I added the missing screen caps to the video pages. And yes, thanks Blah for doing such great work setting up all the video pages. They look awesome.

ignatzmouse wrote:

I wouldn't mind seeing a drastically smaller front page for the JPedia, similar to the AphidPedia, with just links to pages for the videos, pages for the puzzles, and something like romanceismusic's "massive guide". Does this seem like a good idea to people, or would you rather have something more like the monolithic page of old?

I agree with you on this Mouse. It was always my intent to model the Jpedia after the Aphidpedia. The Jpedia was built pretty quickly over the course of a few hours one day, just to give new players a place to touch down and get caught up with things. I always intended to go back and organize it better, but never had the time. It was all I could do just to keep the video links updated. It's really nice to see everyone getting involved. Very Happy Good work everyone!
trainer101
Moderator Manager

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's really starting to look good. You guys are doing a fantastic job!
Luminous
Thor's Hammer

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

trainer101 wrote:
It's really starting to look good. You guys are doing a fantastic job!

Teamwork. Yay! Cool
romanceismusic
Owen's Helper

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, I started working on a massive thread to contribute to the Jpedia for newcomers. Here is what I have as an outline! Please, tell me what you think. give me suggestions, etc! Smile

ARGS:
    What is an arg
    ARG rulses
    Common terms

IRC:
    What is it
    How to get here
    If you use mIRC
    Other programs
    Abbreviations

Character Guide:
    Walter
    TravelerJ

FacilityJ…The Story

All about chemical J

The Puzzles:
    Puzzles/descriptions/solutions
    Solving tools
    Research

The Drops:
    What is a drop
    Drop rules (?)
    Those not retrieving the drop
    Previous drops

List of threads/videos (chronological timeline)

Recaps and Summaries

Communication and working together:
    Working to solve clues
    Communicating with Walter
    Communicating with TravelerJ
    Keeping records

Falling Behind

Special Notes
Op Heads
GTKEO Addicts

I love you all!
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
lg15panda
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOW, you guys -- I am away from the computer all weekend because of moving, and I come back and I am super impressed by what you've all accomplished! With all these great people playing, I am definitely enjoying participating in the FacilityJ ARG.

I contributed just a little this morning -- decided to make the forum archive section a table instead of a list. I think it makes it a little more organized? I will try to set up a summary box near the top that has a link to each section (so I don't have to keep scrolling down so much).

Keep up the good work everybody!!
lg15panda
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also here's a suggestion I'll throw out in case people are interested in contributing -- maybe it would be worth it for TravelerJ and Walter to have their own wikipages (similar to OpAphid's and Tachyon's pages -- just something with a brief summary and a list of the videos they've made, I guess? And a link to the FacilityJ page, of course!

Right now "TravelerJ19" redirects to the FacilityJ page, and a WalterDW article doesn't exist.

I might take a stab at these, but I probably won't be able to get to it until after work!
ignatzmouse
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

romanceismusic wrote:
So, I started working on a massive thread to contribute to the Jpedia for newcomers. Here is what I have as an outline! Please, tell me what you think. give me suggestions, etc! Smile

This list looks pretty awesome! My only recommendation would be to make the lists of videos / puzzles / drops / forums just a pointer to the main JPedia page. That way we only have to keep one list up-to-date.
ignatzmouse
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lg15panda wrote:
Also here's a suggestion I'll throw out in case people are interested in contributing -- maybe it would be worth it for TravelerJ and Walter to have their own wikipages (similar to OpAphid's and Tachyon's pages -- just something with a brief summary and a list of the videos they've made, I guess? And a link to the FacilityJ page, of course!

Right now "TravelerJ19" redirects to the FacilityJ page, and a WalterDW article doesn't exist.

I might take a stab at these, but I probably won't be able to get to it until after work!

I noticed this last night - we've actually created the #1 missing link in the LGPedia Smile I think having character pages for our two, er, heroes would be great. At the risk of sounding like a broken record, the only thing I'd be worried about is the list of videos, since it would be nice to only have to keep one list up-to-date.
ignatzmouse
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of the things on my to-do list is to add solution summaries for the puzzles that currently don't have one. I can see two ways of doing this:

a) create "proper" puzzle pages for each puzzle in the JPedia, or
b) post solutions to the appropriate discussion forum.

I'd rather do (b), since it's quite a lot less work, and doesn't end up with solutions in two places (yes, it's that broken record again). Thoughts anyone?
Ziola
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that if we make sure the first post in each "puzzle" thread is updated to show the solution, posting the link to each thread instead of rewriting all of the information should be sufficient.
romanceismusic
Owen's Helper

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ignatzmouse: I thought about that too. And I just figured I could link to the current content. The less I have to write, the faster i'll have this done Smile
Op Heads
GTKEO Addicts

I love you all!
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Luminous
Thor's Hammer

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ignatzmouse wrote:
One of the things on my to-do list is to add solution summaries for the puzzles that currently don't have one. I can see two ways of doing this:

a) create "proper" puzzle pages for each puzzle in the JPedia, or
b) post solutions to the appropriate discussion forum.

I'd rather do (b), since it's quite a lot less work, and doesn't end up with solutions in two places (yes, it's that broken record again). Thoughts anyone?

I agree Mouse. I think posting a puzzle summary in the appropriate thread is the best solution. The more we can eliminate redundant posts the better, imo. Very Happy
ignatzmouse
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since we are all in violent agreement, I've started adding puzzle solution forum posts for the puzzles which are missing them, and adding links in the JPedia.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Facility J: Archive All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: