Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Facility J [Discussion] - LGpedia
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Facility J: Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TOSG
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice work, iMouse!
ignatzmouse
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TOSG wrote:
Nice work, iMouse!

iMouse? OMG, I'm an Apple lifestyle product! Smile

I posted another solution summary, this time for "A Proper Introduction". These summaries are a bit terse, I may go back and add some chat at some point (and double-check that I got the solutions right as well!)

ETA: Added a summary for "Dei Sub Numine Viget". We now have summaries for all the "big" puzzles (not the mini-puzzles like "Ground-hog Love" - not sure if we should do those too). Time for me to retire for the night.
Luminous
Thor's Hammer

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iMouse - I like that Laughing These summaries you are doing are awesome. Thanks so much for all you're hard work!
ignatzmouse
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brand new look-and-feel is up and running. OK, it's a blatant rip-off of the AphidPedia. Hey ho.

I created a new "Everything You Need To Play Facility J" page, which is currently just a dump of everything I removed from the front page. Romanceismusic - this is your playground!

It's not perfect (e.g. the page is very lop-sided, there's too much on the left and not enough on the right) but it's not bad, even if I say so myself.

ETA: While I was writing the page for the Mysterious Young Lady, I vaguely remembered there being the idea that she brought Walter the vials. Am I mis-remembering? Did we ever "officially" get told this?
Luminous
Thor's Hammer

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ignatzmouse wrote:
Brand new look-and-feel is up and running. OK, it's a blatant rip-off of the AphidPedia. Hey ho.

I created a new "Everything You Need To Play Facility J" page, which is currently just a dump of everything I removed from the front page. Romanceismusic - this is your playground!

It's not perfect (e.g. the page is very lop-sided, there's too much on the left and not enough on the right) but it's not bad, even if I say so myself.

ETA: While I was writing the page for the Mysterious Young Lady, I vaguely remembered there being the idea that she brought Walter the vials. Am I mis-remembering? Did we ever "officially" get told this?

I understood that it was his "reels" she returned - the Archival footage that the story is unfolding through. But why she would have them is a mystery.

BTW - Great Job on the Pedia iMouse! It's looking better and better. Romy did some great work on the character pages too.
immortal1
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome job! That's a great effort!
trainer101
Moderator Manager

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OMG, it's beautiful! Brings a tear to my little eye...
romanceismusic
Owen's Helper

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm having ALOT of trouble getting things to line up right in the Everything you need to know section. Before I go any further with it, could someone help me get it sorted out?
Op Heads
GTKEO Addicts

I love you all!
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
ignatzmouse
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I made the page more balanced, it's now looking pretty good. I'd quite like to remove the dates from The Forum listings, on the grounds of making the page look cleaner, but I do realize we're losing some information that way. So, functionality versus pretty -- opinions anyone?
ignatzmouse
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some more minor style changes: the character page and video page templates now match the monochromatic look-and-feel.

Anyone know who we have to petition to knock "The Hunt for Bree" off the front page of the LGPedia?
Luminous
Thor's Hammer

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ignatzmouse wrote:
I made the page more balanced, it's now looking pretty good. I'd quite like to remove the dates from The Forum listings, on the grounds of making the page look cleaner, but I do realize we're losing some information that way. So, functionality versus pretty -- opinions anyone?

I think the dates are essential in order to reference the chronology. Don't know how you would make sense of the story if you can't follow the order in which things have unfolded.

But maybe there is a cleaner way to list the dates.
ignatzmouse
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I should add links to the JayNineteen puzzle we just cracked to the JPedia. I'm tempted to add new section headings for the J19 material, to separate it off from the TJ/Walter material. Does mean that if/when TJ/Walter wake from hibernation we may have a bit of a mess to deal with, but probably better than just mixing everything in together.

I reckon that J19 is doing a gamejack, but if they're doing a decent job of it, I think they should get a JPedia entry.

Thoughts?
ShardinsKitten
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree to put it in the jpedia, but to put it separately from the TJ/Walter stuff, in case this is a game jack which most of us have suspected from the get go.
lg15panda
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it's worth making a JPedia entry about Jay19, and somehow separating it from TJ/Walter stuff.

It might be worth having some sort of "Status" section, describing what is currently going on in the ARG. Like if we're solving some puzzle or waiting to retrieve a drop or something. For instance, right now our status is that we have gained access to Jay's MySpace and are awaiting further instructions.

I wonder if it's worth setting up some sort of History/Timeline wiki article about Facility J to describe what has happened so far?
ShardinsKitten
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

does wiki have the ability to do time lines... and how hard would that be?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Facility J: Archive All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: