Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Rebooting OpAphid ARG...What would it take?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ruberic
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 8:44 pm    Post subject: Rebooting OpAphid ARG...What would it take? Reply with quote

As this region of the forums sits and waits endlessly, I began to wonder WhAT would have to occur in order for this ARG to be restarted.

1. The ARG would need to assing new jobs, and re-define how these jobs would interact (handler, retriever...etc)

2. The puzzles would almost have to start from scratch. A new PM will have a different flavor to the drops and puzzles from the old. I have considerable doubts on whether or not a new PM could pick up and utilize the past puzzles into any new story that would be developed.

3. Story line may also have to change. A lot has occurred in the LG15 world that is not easily explained by the sudden absence of OpAphid and Tachyon. In order to explain this 'emptyness' of story, one has to wonder how the story would need to change.

I guess these are my worries. With this amount of work, is it really likely that the ARG will be rebooted?

-Ruberic
Luminous
Thor's Hammer

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suspect the biggest obstacle that needs to be resolved are OOG legal issues that need to be resolved between the Creators and the Intelligent Designer. The Creators have very clearly stated that their attorneys have advised them not to discuss this, and we don't have any facts, so neither should we. It could potentially do a great disservice to everyone involved.

I share your concerns Ruberic. OpAhid was a great game. Even though I didn't actively play it myself, I greatly enjoyed watching it. It is a huge loss to the LG15 community, and it leaves a gaping plot hole in the series.

Hopefully, the Creators will be able to get an "alternate" Alternate Reality Game booted up in the near future, but Oppy, Tachy and Brother have big shoes to fill. It will take quite an ARG to do it.
immortal1
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There really was no reason why these recent Order vids couldn't have been OpAphid vids unless they were backing away from it. I think the Hymm of One will be the center of the new ARG.

I'm sort of surprised CiW hasn't tried to make a comeback in some form. It has the name recogntition and it's fans have remained loyal.
Luminous
Thor's Hammer

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

immortal1 wrote:
There really was no reason why these recent Order vids couldn't have been OpAphid vids

Other than copyright.
Hippie
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

op and tachs videos are still up on youtube and revver... that alone is a good sign... unless of course they signed to a designated amount of "test" episodes...

and upon signing the additional people they acquired the rights to the youtube channel...

LG gave them a shot at doing good... they did the best vids i know of yet.. but the main writer for opaphid was dropped from the op script... not to say he isnt lurking, but thats the reason most people think that part is over with... and thats just a tragedy in my opinion...
Danielle
Thor's Hammer

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What could save it?

Hum, I dunno.
The old PM.

down with Hymn of One (imo)
<DTayl> i'm the bad sister
romanceismusic
Owen's Helper

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 2:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm with Dani on this one.

bring back glenn. take down hymn of one.
Op Heads
GTKEO Addicts

I love you all!
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
giddeanx
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think they (the creators) have already burned that bridge down. If lawyers are advising them it is not a good sign. I am curious about the mentions of Tachyon just before the kidnapping, but we will wait and see. I would not count out another PM there are plenty out there that would do a good job even if it goes in a different direction. If Hymn of One comes around we may see the interworkings of the order.

X
mistabroadway
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Save Glen....

'Nuff Said
mourningbelle
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As you've all said, I think rebooting Op is pretty much impossible without Glenn. But really, I think any attempt at bringing that ARG back at all at this point doesn't seem like it would have promising results.. I think their best chance at having success with an ARG being involved with LG15 at this point would be to let everyone know what's going on with the Op situation (we all know it's gone, we just need closure), then proceed with the Hymn of One. It's not the same, but it's something.
At this time tomorrow
I'll be just one day closer
One sunset further behind
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Nieriel.Manwathiel
Owen's Helper

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

heck; what about Oppy going down in a blaze of glory then the Tach Team setting their sights on the hoes at HOO? Wink
JustAnotherLonelyGirl.
P. Monkey's Agent

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agreed. Down with HoO!
Nieriel.Manwathiel
Owen's Helper

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JustAnotherLonelyGirl. wrote:
Agreed. Down with HoO!

uh, i wasn't "hoes" like it was a bad thing... Twisted Evil

btw, beggars can't be choosers; i'll lurk with whatever i can get! but i think that'd be a good segue.
tristan
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't believe Op is coming back and I'm gonna work under the assumption that the Creators can't use the names Op and Tachyon while I make my offer to bring some closure.

The only people who connected the ARG and LG15 that are not main characters to me are Lucy and Gemma. So with only them to play with here is what I'd do [this is mainly plot cause I think any new ARG is going to need the help of the plot to end the old one and lay a foundation for a new one]

Ending Op:
Have there be a second revolt against the Order with Op rebelling. There's already some seeds for this in Alex seemingly switching sides but make all of Op disgusted by the Order's tactics. I think this would give an opening for Op to change its name and be a part of a new ARG. Also someone like Lucy could be captured by the Orderite, who kidnapped Bree & Co, and tortured to accentuate this. This would also shed some light on why a watcher shot the Orderite

Ending Tachyon:
[I tried to think of a way to end Tachyon without ending Tachyon]
Bring back Gemma. It would really be the only way in my mind and I realize this is going to go against a lot of expectations and be tough on suspension of disbelief but have Gemma be Tachyon. It wouldn't be too difficult to say Tachyon staged her own death so the Order would not suspect her and she would have worked inside Op so she could have accessed info - though I do realize many more plot details would have to be ironed out for this to happen.

I think the Creators could avoid using names by using words we would know what they mean like the watchers or Lucy instead of Op. Or in Tachyon's case saying something like the spy or the infiltrator. Hope these ramblings weren't mis-posted but I thought the thread had a moving on theme to it
Captious
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Danielle wrote:
What could save it?

Hum, I dunno.
The old PM.

Agreed. I just want him as the pm. If he ever makes a new game even if it has nothing to do w/ LG I'm there.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> OpAphid: Archive All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: