Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Negligence of OpAphid
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Rubbish Bin
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kasdeja
Hymn of One

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 6:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't see why people are condemning Apo for phrasing he has since posted more than once to clarify. It isn't the point of the post, even. Yes, it was abandoned. AFTER the game all but screeched to a halt. So? That's not the point.

You cannot make another post so soon after your last; please try again in a short while.
Bagged, tagged, sold to the butcher at the store.
Killthesmiley
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 6:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to make it clear
I'm not condemming Apo, I'm stating a fact.
He's saying that there are fans abandoning OpAphid. He's stating it quite clearly in two posts.
We aren't abandoning it at all. Because there is nothing to abandon. And I know he understands that.

I think the whole point of my post is the fact that we need to understand and know that OpAphid will not be coming back at the fault of the creators. They had their opportunity. Their brief window to save OpAphid. It was a week long. And the failed to take it. The even removed Bree from Tachyon's evironment that week.
My post was more so a plea for the creators to actually close the story line, rather then leave it open. just so we op heads could have some closure and the small few that believe it will be coming back, actually know that it isn't.
My post was just saying that it wasn't fair to us.

YOU: Who does that KTS think she is? Total bitch!

ME: I think I'm you, only better.

~Kelly, KMurr, and Kellylen <3~
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Kasdeja
Hymn of One

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 6:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He clarified his statement several times. I guess it's a matter of perspective and what you want to read into something, really.

You cannot make another post so soon after your last; please try again in a short while.
Ziola
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My understanding of Apo's post isn't that he is condemning us, the players, for abandoning OpAphid but rather the Creators for abandoning it.

I see his post as a call to action for the Creators to either start the game again or remove all references to it from the forum and the storyline and start moving in another direction.

I commend him for this and as a loyal player of the game I support him 100% in his post.
milowent
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glenngate broke almost a MONTH ago, on March 12. The Creators msg on Mar 13 said, in part: "We appreciate your understanding and are very sorry that this happened. We are actively looking for a new PM beginning today. There may be some downtime while we reconfigure, but we promise that when it returns there will be even better puzzles and character interactions. Thanks."

That's the Hymn of One, clearly. I can't imagine Tachyon and OpAphid coming back aside from an occasional mention, especially since the only definitive thing we heard from the Creators was that Glenn would no longer be PM.

Would it be too radical to suggest moving the opaphid boards down to near the bottom of the boards for the moment? At best its on hiatus, at worst, its over.
Killthesmiley
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

milowent wrote:
That's the Hymn of One, clearly. I can't imagine Tachyon and OpAphid coming back aside from an occasional mention, especially since the only definitive thing we heard from the Creators was that Glenn would no longer be PM.

Would it be too radical to suggest moving the opaphid boards down to near the bottom of the boards for the moment? At best its on hiatus, at worst, its over.

I think that is sick. Not you milo, but the idea that they can just switch ARGs like that without closure. (i'm not attacking Milo here, I'm more so yelling at the creators for fumbling to save something)

If Hymn of One is the new ARG (which you're right, it does seem to be), beginning it without the explanation of what happened to OpAphid as a character disgusts me as both a writer and a fan. They will not be able to use OpAphid character in Hymn of One, because, as many op heads would probably agree, it would be almost a complete and utter slap in the face. It would be wrenching a character from an environment that she as created for herself, and place said character in a unfamiliar environment where she will surely falter. Tachyon, on the other hand is a different story. Where she is the resistance, it may be easier. But it would still be a slight slap in the face to some, taking a character that we feel belongs with OpAphid (yin and yang), and pitting her against a different character (mind you...the order is a character in itself...)

I think i understand now what's trying to be made of this thread, I know where I got the mixed ideas (bad wordings and such). I think, however, that we need to understand as fans that OpAphid simply can not make a come back. It has too much ill blood, too much controversy and too much disappoint to even inch it's way back to life.
Honestly (and this is just My opinion) the creators are going to be lucky to even create another ARG and have it be even close to the success that OpAphid or Cassie was. I just don't see it happening.

YOU: Who does that KTS think she is? Total bitch!

ME: I think I'm you, only better.

~Kelly, KMurr, and Kellylen <3~
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
wintermute
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

milowent wrote:

And yet HoO is, thus far, fanfic (unless they gave up their account details), even though The Creators clearly were planning on using HoO as part of their new ARG:

The Creators wrote:
The only real Hymn of One website is www.HymnOfOne.org (we also own similar domains, but they all point to the same location).

I have sent emails asking the people who registered they Hymn Of One YouTube and the Hymn of One MySpace to send us the account details so we can use them as well. If they don't, then they will remain fan fiction and if we ever need accounts on those pages we will create something new. Thanks!

Miles

As far as we know, HoO is still fanfic. There's been no indication that has changed yet. It may in the future, though. Or they may have created True Free Will as an answer to the fanfic HoO, playing off of the fanfic. I sorta hope that's the case, but TFW has a fanfic feel to it thus far, too...

'mute

'vote 'mute in '16!
Kasdeja
Hymn of One

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, the creators have said the MySpace HoO is fanfic...just the info page was theirs. I think TFW and HoO are two sides of the same coin as far as a fanfic ARG goes.

milowent
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wintermute wrote:
And yet HoO is, thus far, fanfic (unless they gave up their account details), even though The Creators clearly were planning on using HoO as part of their new ARG

to clarify, i think the Creators intend there to be a canon Hymn of One related ARG going forward ("its all about the meridians, baby"), the stuff that sprang up at HoO's first mention is presumably all fan-fic.
wintermute
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

milowent wrote:
to clarify, i think the Creators intend there to be a canon Hymn of One related ARG going forward ("its all about the meridians, baby"), the stuff that sprang up at HoO's first mention is presumably all fan-fic.

I agree. That was clearly their intent, but a fan beat them to it. Though I suspect TFW to be fanfic as well, it would be incredibly genius if The Creators created an ARG that played off of a fanfic one. IMHO, it would be a type of fan interaction that would be unparalleled.

'mute

'vote 'mute in '16!
Kasdeja
Hymn of One

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That would be very cool. I'm just waiting for something more than myspace bulletins.

tigerlilylynn

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

milowent wrote:
Glenngate broke almost a MONTH ago, on March 12. The Creators msg on Mar 13 said, in part: "We appreciate your understanding and are very sorry that this happened. We are actively looking for a new PM beginning today. There may be some downtime while we reconfigure, but we promise that when it returns there will be even better puzzles and character interactions. Thanks."

Seconded
Luminous
Thor's Hammer

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kasdeja wrote:
I see the point clearly and choose not to nitpick little phrases and wording.

If it's done, get rid of it.

If it's not, DO SOMETHING.

Pretty simple.

I agree Kasdeja. I think it's pretty clear what Apo is trying to say, and thanks, Apo, for bringing this up. It's like the elephant that's sitting in the living room that nobody's talking about.

As long as all this board housekeeping is going on, might as well clean this up, or , as milowent says, at least post an official statement regarding it's current status and move it to the bottom of the board, to make room for other things that are moving in to replace it.

As long as this section continues to sit here as is, people put off involving themselves in other LG15 activities in order to await the return of the OpAphid Arc.
ApotheosisAZ
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now, mere hours after I posted my concern, there have been updates in the YouTube profiles of the three major OpAphid characters.

I am not suggesting that there is a connection between the timing of these updates and my post.

At least something is happening. It remains to be seen if that is something that reactivates the game.
Luminous
Thor's Hammer

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shocked

Edited: to add screen cap
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Rubbish Bin All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 2 of 6

Jump to: