Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Negligence of OpAphid
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Rubbish Bin
View previous topic :: View next topic  
trainer101
Moderator Manager

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Luminous wrote:

Shocked

Edited: to add screen cap

Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked
Kasdeja
Hymn of One

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Confused

You cannot make another post so soon after your last; please try again in a short while.
Bagged, tagged, sold to the butcher at the store.
Luminous
Thor's Hammer

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well one thing I gotta say for Oppy, looks like she knows how to go out with style Twisted Evil
Kasdeja
Hymn of One

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With CiW style? What's next, a link to SecondLife? Confused

You cannot make another post so soon after your last; please try again in a short while.
Bagged, tagged, sold to the butcher at the store.
Killthesmiley
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

god this is making me mad!!!!!!!!

MAD!

M

A

D

YOU: Who does that KTS think she is? Total bitch!

ME: I think I'm you, only better.

~Kelly, KMurr, and Kellylen <3~
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
impulse
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ite missa est!
Morgan
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

trainer101 wrote:
Luminous wrote:

Shocked

Edited: to add screen cap

Are they seriously gonna let OpAphid go like CIW? No explanation, no story rap up, nothing??

If so, I feel cheated. And I didn't even play OpAphid. The CIW pun isn't cute, it's irritating to me. I really hope they aren't doing what it looks like. Evil or Very Mad This makes me seriously reconsider playing the Hymn Of One game. Rolling Eyes

<3 Danielbeast <3
Lola
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For whatever reason the Creators don't seem to want OpAphid to continue. It's too bad. It was so exciting to see how "Human Ransom" successfully merged the two camps and got the audience who hadn't paid attention to Oppy all excited. That was not an easy thing to achieve. I wonder what people think who hear publicity about the interactive aspects of this and wander in to find nothing happening? Oppy and Tachy could come back if they wanted them too...some creative thinking would do it.

I don't see how the Hymn of One works storywise. We already know that Bree's religion is a front for the Order so how does what they believe matter now? It should have worked in the opposite direction...explore the Hymn of One and then uncover the Order. Is the audience now supposed to pretend Oppy never existed?
epogen
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

aww...i miss the op-aphid component, and feel that at the very least a credible wrap up should be presented. however strange all the drama was. i am suspicious that we will get a lame cassie wrap up some time down the line ( remember the prank phone caller crap). that's too bad.

i agree with you apo, the officialness of the arg necessitates an official statement.
consideration
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Creators haven't just screwed over OpAphid fans, but regular fans who just watch LG15, and even newcomers.
Merging OpAphid with LG15 kind of killed it. From there on, OpAphid fans were directed to puzzles on LG videos, that only had mentions of the Op characters.
What happened with Glenn really should have only been dealt with him and Op fans. The LG15 creators had to get involved because Tachy had been featured in LG videos, and became important to the story line. If OpAphid had to implode, it should have just gone down by itself, not dragging Op fans along with it and severely wounding LG15.

IMO, the way this mess is working out is completely the fault of the Creators. And starting Hymn of One without a word from Op? It's like giving Op fans the finger.
ApotheosisAZ
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not only does the official status of OpAphid mean that there should be some kind of response; I believe the official status of the ARG means that The Creators of this production have a duty to:

- Not allow the official game to simply atrophy while they work on what does appear to be an unrelated, new ARG.

- Inform their fans if their intention is to create a new ARG while the official one is simply left stagnant.

- Update those of us who are following the official ARG.

I do not make demands of The Creators. Like almost everyone else here, I post my concerns so that they will be read by the fans.
Gidget
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The main reason I'm so involved with LG15 is because of the ARGs. I feel that Op is now no longer an ARG, but rather part of the main storyline.

I started getting into this a little after all of the cassie videos and drops occured. And since then the ARG has been slim. Now I finally understand it all and there hasn't really been anthing, besides the puzzles in the main LG videos. (nancy drew, phone number to bree's dad). I feel like i missed out on the good stuff.

Watching the videos is fun, and i enjoy it, but I really want more ARG action. What is this FacilityJ ? Its it an official ARG or a fan thing?
Jewelybug
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know this is long, but I feel the need to vent about this one...

Apo, I understood completely what you said. I myself was an avid OpAphid player. I was on the forums, IRC, YT... and actually started workign on my own fanfic character about 2 weeks before GlennGate broke (thanks milo;) )

As far as comparisons of OpAphid to CiW, that honestly infurates me. There is NOTHING about how CiW went out that is even comparable to how OpAphid went out. CiW died because of neglagence. CiW died because of a PM that didn't have their story straight and they couldn't correct their numerous mistakes. Opahid died because of a small situation that was made enormous by people who didn't get their facts straight before running their mouth. OpAphid died because the creators do not rescpect the players who dedicated their time and effort to the game and the influence it had on Lg15 enough to post something in closure. THE CREATORS made people associate OpAphid with CiW

I do not regret a second i spent on OpAhid. I met some of the most AMAZING people. people who I let into my life, people who I can honestly say I love more than people in my real life. I stand on the inside of the house looking out, and I wish that newer people had the opportunity to play this amazing game, meet the people I was fortunate enough to cross paths with, and become involed in something that was truly amazing.

I am one of the ones who "abandoned" the OpAphid forum a few weeks ago. I couldn't bare to hang on to somethign I knew the creators were going to let dissolve and not have the guts enough to handle and put to rest. The whole situation is beyond "GlennGate" now. This is now the sole fault of the creators and their negligence to OpAphid, an ARG they helped make official, and the dedicated ARG players.

Apo, I hope that this thread shows the creators that we want answers, and them dancing around the issues is showing how "DEDICATED" they really are to their fans. (Or lack there of)

I am rambling... its been a long month.
And as always, I will close this long post with

THIS IS JUST MY PERSONAL OPINION.

Smile

Edited to Add: Ihave no idea what FacilityJ or Hymm of One is. I stopped watching lg15 videos and participating with this weeks ago. Once they killed Op, they killed my love for this series.
Jewelybug
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One more thing I would like to add....

I hope after a month of NOTHING that the creators have something good to say. Like a good outcome either about OpAphid of Glenn's job. I would think after sitting around for a month "TALKING" things out, something good has to come of this. not just stringing us along for 4 weeks and still a pile of NOTHING.
trainer101
Moderator Manager

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

According to tonights MixedMedia show, the Creators did not orchestrate the profile updates. Apparently Glenn still controls the accounts.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Rubbish Bin All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6

Jump to: