Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Negligence of OpAphid
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Rubbish Bin
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jewelybug
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

According to tonights mixedmedia show, the creators are taking professional lessons in not addressing issues.
ApotheosisAZ
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jewelybug wrote:
According to tonights mixedmedia show, the creators are taking professional lessons in not addressing issues.

Actually, this is a pretty valid assumption based on the available data.

I did feel like my issue got addressed during the show, however. It would seem that my opinion was actually confirmed by the comments made.
JustAnotherLonelyGirl.
P. Monkey's Agent

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to say, I wholeheartedly agree with Jewelybug's superlong post. I couldn't have put it any better myself.

Unlike Jewely, I am not going to leave. I wish I could leave though, because I am angry. Angry is an understatement; I am furious. Not with Glenn. With the Creators.

This is just the last straw for me. I am here from now on ONLY for the people on these forums and for the characters in the series whose fate I simply MUST know and for their actors.

I honestly have never complained about the Creators. I have defended them when people insulted them and I have never been one to post threads talking about how much everything sucks. When the Creators psyched us all out for the big ceremony, and then let us down with a lame excuse for a twist, I could take it. When the Creators opened a huge mystery about a girl named Cassie that disappeared, and then threw it out as "just a prankster who was afraid of Bree's religion" because of CiW, I could take it. When the Creators got everyone excited about the Gemma-twist, and what might happen, and then just killed her off without another word (or even a chance to SEE that it definitely happened), I could take it. When the Creators told us WE had the chance to decide whether B&D went to Jonas's house, and then didn't even totally listen to us, I could take it. When the Creators constantly made us THINK we were on the verge of learning information about the Order, and always let us down with more irrelevant information that just opened more questions, I could take it. When the Creators canonized OpAphid but just started to contradict past story facts and open even MORE questions, I could take it. When the Creators released "Miss Me" and "The Human Ransom" I was ready for what I'd been awaiting a long, long time, but then, when they just went back to teen angst and romantic frustration drama, and Daniel couldn't even REMEMBER wtf happened to him, I could (almost not but did) take it. When the Creators canonized a truly excellent ARG, I really thought they were making a great choice, and my faith in them was restored and strengthened... but then the ARG grew less and less interesting... it lost a certain element that had been fascinating... but that I could take... but then this news about Glenn and scandalous behavior comes out... and the ARG is "put on hold." That, I could take. But this, THIS signifies the end of it. They don't even have control of the freaking accounts?!?! (trying hard not to curse) They canonized what was a fascinating and great ARG, and ARG that was better and more exciting than their series, just to let it fall to pieces? They are just gonna let it crap out like CiW? I was pissed about CiW, but I'm angrier about this because this has a CHANCE to go on. They could have kept the ARG going without Glenn as the PM. They could have kept him on their team and hired a new PM. He added a great aspect to the videos. If it weren't for Glenn, we'd still be watching these kids hop around motels and complain about sexual frustration. And I understood taking him out of PM role, but firing him altogether wasn't necessary. They shouldn't have done that; they could have kept the ARG going.

And I'm not even mad at Glenn for making this worse for us by twisting the knife with this "right there above you" crap. I'd do the same damn thing in his position. It's the CREATORS fault this has happened. They should have kept him on good terms, on their team. I wish I could leave, but I know the Creators really would NOT care if I did. I know if I left, it wouldn't affect a goddamn thing. I've seen too many members bitch out and leave. Nothing changed. So I could leave, but I don't think I want to, and there's no reason to.

What really gets me mad is that there is absolutely nothing we can do about this. Our complaints have no affect on the Creators at all. This entire post was just a waste of my time. I could be doing homework right now but I'm too angry. I have spent so much time researching and working on this ARG. I won't say that was a waste of time, but I will say that the Creators are being unfair. We are doing more work than them. They think this is an interactive series? Where's the interaction? They think interaction works like this: they ask what we think, we tell them what we think, they tell us they understand, but sorry, tough luck. They have given us the DELUSION of a role in this series. We have no say in what happens. We have no impact on their decisions. We can sit here all day and worship this series and work to understand this series and make it better for ourselves, but the Creators aren't going to do their research. They aren't going to answer the questions they've raised. They aren't going to take our complaints into consideration. They are going to do what they think they have to to make money and save their asses.

In my humble opinion, the Creators are a huge turdpile of p*ssies.
I'm sorry, I couldn't hold that one back.
trainer101
Moderator Manager

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On a slightly interesting note, a new member joined today...
http://www.lonelygirl15.com/forum/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&u=4915
the image in the profile links to here
http://www.opaphid.org/glenn-av.jpg
an allegedly 'unpopulated' website...
Ziola
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw him surfing earlier...
Jewelybug
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL @ that new user. Thats just amusing.

Justanotherlonelygirl- I don't think Glenn was trying to "twist the knife" I think he was just affirming that he knows we are frustrated (and im sure he is too) and sort of saying Hey, wise up. These are my characters, my dream and my creation and the creators need to realize that they are just making the situation worse by sitting on their decisions. and if the creators don't make some announcement, and hopefully the right decision about OpAphid, they are going to be the ones responsible for killing Op just like Cassie died.

Ironic though considering Op killed Cassie's ARG.

I just think after a month we all deserve answers. If Op is dead, they need to announce it, move the threads and that part of the forum. No reason to keep it listed as "The Official ARG" when they are the ones who snuffed it out.

edited to add: I agree about feeling like these threads mean nothign to the creators. I know they read them... they have to. they always respond to the positive "I <3 the creators and want to have their babies" theads. but in response to those of us hanging on by a thread we get "please be patient. we are workign on it"

please.
imagin
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it weren't for the Cassie reference, I'd be inclined to think that, by virtue of the other two profiles, we were once again being told to be patient and wait.

Honestly, though, those profile updates were pretty darn mild compared to what he could do... and what I'd be tempted to in his shoes.

Thanks for letting us know you're there, Glenn, and that at least you're listening to us, since no one else is these days.
JustAnotherLonelyGirl.
P. Monkey's Agent

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jewelybug wrote:
LOL @ that new user. Thats just amusing.

Justanotherlonelygirl- I don't think Glenn was trying to "twist the knife" I think he was just affirming that he knows we are frustrated (and im sure he is too) and sort of saying Hey, wise up. These are my characters, my dream and my creation and the creators need to realize that they are just making the situation worse by sitting on their decisions. and if the creators don't make some announcement, and hopefully the right decision about OpAphid, they are going to be the ones responsible for killing Op just like Cassie died.

Yes, I am agreeing with him that it is the Creators' fault.
What I meant by "twist the knife" was that he's making the situation worse when it isn't necessary because he's making people angry all over again.
However, what I am saying is that I sure as hell would have done the same thing. Making sure we don't forget him and reminding us to hound the Creators for action. Laughing

trainer --> do you think that's really Glenn? Probably not, right?
Jewelybug
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

im sleepy and heading to bed. Maybe when I wake up there will be a miraculous "Hey we eff'd up" post and everythign will be back to normal again.

Eh. Maybe sleep is best. im getting delerious.

I can't spell. Get over it. kthnxbye.

night friends <3
trainer101
Moderator Manager

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JustAnotherLonelyGirl. wrote:
trainer --> do you think that's really Glenn? Probably not, right?

At first I thought it was fake but Romy noticed that the avatar links back to OpAphid.org

The OpAphid YouTube account was created on Sept. 23 - the first video posted on Sept 24. Here's the domain info for opaphid.org
Domain Name:OPAPHID.ORG
Created On:24-Sep-2006 01:36:27 UTC
Last Updated On:23-Nov-2006 03:48:04 UTC
Expiration Date:24-Sep-2007 01:36:27 UTC

It belongs to Glenn as far as I know. And nobody knew there was a picture of him buried on the site.
Jewelybug
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

it IS a public forum. Very Happy
ApotheosisAZ
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 2:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

milowent wrote:

to clarify, i think the Creators intend there to be a canon Hymn of One related ARG going forward ("its all about the meridians, baby"), the stuff that sprang up at HoO's first mention is presumably all fan-fic.

milowent, you are a brilliant person and you write a fine blog.

If you were writing a new ARG, having been exposed to someone who has written a brilliant one, would you make a mistake like that?

I don't think you would. I think you would lock down Hymnofone.com, hymnofone.org, hymnofone myspace, a hymnofone yahoo account, hymnofone.blogspot.com, etc. and ad infinitum. I have a very high opinion of you. I don't think you would make such an error.
Killthesmiley
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 6:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

you know its too early for me to write a well thought out post...but believe me it's coming.

I think we shouldn't be mad at the creators at all. They didn't see this coming. They didn't see what glenn did (I'm not going into that...becasue thats like throwing gas on fire...) coming. And they didn't think they would need the youtube accounts, so just like their characters, they neively trusted him. Yea, it was a stupid mistake, but the creators ave tried repeatedly to bring OpAphid back for us, and have failed each time. Not because they wanted to, but because they simply do not understand how to run ARGs, and how to run THIS ARG. It's not their fault, it's just their lack of knowledge of this specific industry. Thats why they wanted glenn. But then the whole thing blew up, and they knew what type of backlash they were facing.
This immature and disrespectful closing (and trust me, THIS is a closing people! don't be neive in thinking its not) is surely directed at the creators in his last attempt to make fools of them, but in the end it really makes a fool out of him. It proves to us how much he disrespects us by using something that all of us hated. He used the one thing that the huge number of players hated about how cassie closed. He used something that he knew we critised and harped about constantly. We bitched and complained about how irresponsible that was of the PM to do exactly what they did, run themselves into a corner.
We hated the way CiW closed, and he knew it, and he used it against us.
In the end, it's all about choice. He made the choice to allow the creators to take over. He made the choice to allow OpAphid to falter. He made that choice. And as much as we love him for bringing us great entertainment, he made the choice to screw it up. He could have brought OpAphid back to life numerous times, but he made the choice to ignore pleas, he made the choice to instead focus his direction on opaphid, but to focus his attention on LG, and that is not the fault of the creators, but his own damn fault. They didn't force him to do anything. We can't blame the creators for something he CHOSE to do.

YOU: Who does that KTS think she is? Total bitch!

ME: I think I'm you, only better.

~Kelly, KMurr, and Kellylen <3~
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Kasdeja
Hymn of One

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 6:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KTS

You cannot make another post so soon after your last; please try again in a short while.
Bagged, tagged, sold to the butcher at the store.
marlasinger
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
We hated the way CiW closed, and he knew it, and he used it against us.
In the end, it's all about choice. He made the choice to allow the creators to take over. He made the choice to allow OpAphid to falter. He made that choice. And as much as we love him for bringing us great entertainment, he made the choice to screw it up. He could have brought OpAphid back to life numerous times, but he made the choice to ignore pleas, he made the choice to instead focus his direction on opaphid, but to focus his attention on LG, and that is not the fault of the creators, but his own damn fault. They didn't force him to do anything. We can't blame the creators for something he CHOSE to do

Damn. FUckin. Straight. And I know agreeing with this wlll be asking for flamethrowers in my face but I can't agree with it more.

Mind you, it's choice on behalf of the creators, too, to neglect the ARG like they are - you can say as many times as you like that they're naive and don't have the resources to run the ARG, but the truth is - the ARG just takes dedication. Have the creators shown dedication in all aspects of their creation?

The Bree Solution.
http://one.revver.com/watch/330795

"Also... im in ur canons... supporting all ur marlas."
-AutoPilate
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Rubbish Bin All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: