Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Negligence of OpAphid
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Rubbish Bin
View previous topic :: View next topic  
imagin
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Regardless of whether or not THAT screenname is him, do you really doubt he's reading this?

Heck, I didn't even know about the screen name as I was typing my post... there's almost no way curiousity would let someone stay away.
Killthesmiley
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

as far as we know and have been told that domain belongs to Glenn.

YOU: Who does that KTS think she is? Total bitch!

ME: I think I'm you, only better.

~Kelly, KMurr, and Kellylen <3~
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Killthesmiley
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

btw...did anyone else notice the new Flash on OpAphid.org? just sit there for a couple of seconds it'll come.

YOU: Who does that KTS think she is? Total bitch!

ME: I think I'm you, only better.

~Kelly, KMurr, and Kellylen <3~
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
milowent
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ApotheosisAZ wrote:
milowent wrote:

to clarify, i think the Creators intend there to be a canon Hymn of One related ARG going forward ("its all about the meridians, baby"), the stuff that sprang up at HoO's first mention is presumably all fan-fic.

..... If you were writing a new ARG, having been exposed to someone who has written a brilliant one, would you make a mistake like that?

I don't think you would. I think you would lock down Hymnofone.com, hymnofone.org, hymnofone myspace, a hymnofone yahoo account, hymnofone.blogspot.com, etc. and ad infinitum. I have a very high opinion of you. I don't think you would make such an error.

apo, you are clearly "wicked smart" yourself in your demeanor in this thread. frankly, i wouldn't try to start my own ARG because i don't have the experience one appears to need to start out at a very public level. It was Glenn's 1st one, but he started as fanfic, but at least he had a long background in videogames and the like. In part, Glenn was also simply lucky in some respects that he was able to pull it all together and build an audience who liked it. Based on what Miles said on the radio show last night, it sounds like the Creators are being fairly rational in realizing they cannot create a whole new opaphid, though hymn of one might spur on some "ARG-like" elements in the lg15 plot.

killthesmileyglennthecreatorsandlaywastetotheearth:-) wrote:
We hated the way CiW closed, and he knew it, and he used it against us.
In the end, it's all about choice.

i think glenn's play on CIW in the channel updates is a frank admission that he knows it is a letdown. he started as a fan following CIW too. It may all be about choice, but there were choices made by lots of people that led us to where we are now. glenn, the creators, the accusers, etc.

now that glenn and the creators have had a cool down period -- and glenn has not sabotaged ANYTHING, these little hints of him appearing now are actually quite friendly i think, they all need to get together for a good brodown. bring back glenn in some capacity to the lg15 team, wrap up whatever obvious legal tangling is going on over the arg characters, and move on. if they aren't making any money now, let glenn share just a bit in whatever upside might come in the future for his contributions to the show. that's fairly typical in start-up companies.
Morgan
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

trainer101 wrote:
On a slightly interesting note, a new member joined today...
http://www.lonelygirl15.com/forum/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&u=4915
the image in the profile links to here
http://www.opaphid.org/glenn-av.jpg
an allegedly 'unpopulated' website...

I visited the website (just http://www.opaphid.org), and it has a short flash clip. Do you think this means it will continue as a separate entity on this website?

I guess I have high hopes..

<3 Danielbeast <3
ApotheosisAZ
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

milowent wrote:
apo, you are clearly "wicked smart" yourself in your demeanor in this thread.

Possibly I am, but I think that my previous post demonstrates that The Creators aren't writing Hymn of One as another ARG.

That is just my conclusion based on the available facts. OpAphid still remains here as the official one, and the Hymn of One seems to simply be another organization within The Order that has a canon web presence, and several non-canon offshoots.
wintermute
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ApotheosisAZ wrote:
milowent wrote:

Possibly I am, but I think that my previous post demonstrates that The Creators aren't writing Hymn of One as another ARG.

That is just my conclusion based on the available facts. OpAphid still remains here as the official one, and the Hymn of One seems to simply be another organization within The Order that has a canon web presence, and several non-canon offshoots.

Correction: several non-canon offshoots that suddenly find themselves canon. (latest bulletin on myspace seems to suggest that the account information has been handed over to The Creators)... Just a general FYI, even though it holds no real relevance to your discussion Wink

'mute

'vote 'mute in '16!
BlueMoon
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Re: OpAphid.org

I looked at the page source and found this

TITLE OpAphid.org
meta name="robots" content="index,follow"
meta name="revisit-after" content="1 days"
meta name="resource-type" content="document"
meta name="content-language" content="en-US"
meta name="distribution" content="global"
meta name="coverage" content="worldwide"

Maybe something will happen tomorrow?
Broken Kid
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BlueMoon wrote:
Re: OpAphid.org

I looked at the page source and found this

TITLE OpAphid.org
meta name="robots" content="index,follow"
meta name="revisit-after" content="1 days"
meta name="resource-type" content="document"
meta name="content-language" content="en-US"
meta name="distribution" content="global"
meta name="coverage" content="worldwide"

Maybe something will happen tomorrow?

I think that's just for spiders to index the site. All the meta tags are for search engine location and page properties.
ShardinsKitten
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wintermute wrote:
ApotheosisAZ wrote:
milowent wrote:

Correction: several non-canon offshoots that suddenly find themselves canon. (latest bulletin on myspace seems to suggest that the account information has been handed over to The Creators)... Just a general FYI, even though it holds no real relevance to your discussion Wink

'mute

that makes me really unhappy and disappointed if it's true.
trainer101
Moderator Manager

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Morgan wrote:
trainer101 wrote:
On a slightly interesting note, a new member joined today...
http://www.lonelygirl15.com/forum/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&u=4915
the image in the profile links to here
http://www.opaphid.org/glenn-av.jpg
an allegedly 'unpopulated' website...

I visited the website (just http://www.opaphid.org), and it has a short flash clip. Do you think this means it will continue as a separate entity on this website?

I guess I have high hopes..

The flash component did not exist last night when we checked the avatar link. So… Illuminati

wintermute wrote:
ApotheosisAZ wrote:
milowent wrote:

'mute

On last nights Mixed Media, the Creators mentioned that they had acquired the MySpace and YouTube accounts from the persons who originally set them up.

It also appears, based on their vague statements, that there is no ARG – instead there will be ARG “elements” incorporated into the LG15 storyline.

Danielle
Thor's Hammer

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm following Glenn with where ever he takes his story too. The only reason I even watched LG15 was for the sublimental ARG content.

Way to market yourselves, Creators.
<DTayl> i'm the bad sister
Kasdeja
Hymn of One

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, if they aren't making an ARG from the HoO Myspace it certainly makes the recruitment bulletin a bit bizarre...that was posted today...

I'm not going anywhere. I came here for LonelyGirl15 and CiW. CiW is gone but LG15 isn't. I can hold my breath for something and stomp my foot, but it will only get me nothing.

You cannot make another post so soon after your last; please try again in a short while.
Bagged, tagged, sold to the butcher at the store.
BlueMoon
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahhh, ok. Thanks
Jewelybug
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kasdeja wrote:
Well, if they aren't making an ARG from the HoO Myspace it certainly makes the recruitment bulletin a bit bizarre...that was posted today...

I'm not going anywhere. I came here for LonelyGirl15 and CiW. CiW is gone but LG15 isn't. I can hold my breath for something and stomp my foot, but it will only get me nothing.

Shit you mean I have been throwing hissy fits for nothing?!

*walks away*

I think its pretty cool that there are random opaphid updates being done. Sort of like "hey, I still see you people, and I am trying"

P.S. I was kidding in that previous statement about hissy fits. wanted to be sure i stated that.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Rubbish Bin All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

Jump to: