Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FanFic Section - How would you design it?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
silvermoon

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 6:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To me, what makes the HSA and Cassie sections more interesting/more in need of their own sections, is that, though not cannon, they are based on things pulled directly from the series. Though there are some great fanfic videos that connect to the storyline, they are made with new characters that have no direct ties to the actual storyline (does that make sense?).

They also seem to be the longest running, original fanfic areas. Maybe that alone should get them a little extra credit!

I assume on this type of forum, like most others, there is not a number of pages/areas that you are limited to. Why not just give the very active fanfic series their own little subsections? If they become inactive after such-and-such a time, they would go live in the inactive file, perhaps.

I'm not saying every fanfic area that comes by should have their very own area. Start off with the obviously active ones, that have regular contriubutors and a regular stream of videos (one section for all Cassies worked before). Keep a section for new fanfic. Once something becomes very popular, it's fans can request that it be moved to it's own subsection.
immortal1
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you guys listen to Mixed Media's 4/10 show I called in to discuss the reorganization of the Fan Creation Section. Out of that conversation Miles talked about the website redesign that is scheduled for June/July. Each fan vid maker will get a profile that sounds an awful lot like the livevideo.com profile where each vid maker can have their own forum on their profile. The call is about 90 minutes into the show.
Killthesmiley
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i personally think that in the new fanfic section there is just too many places to put things.
It's a nice idea, but the more places to put things, the more confussing results from it.
I think in depth and new releases should be comined. In development should be called "Need Help With Videos?" or "Fan Video Support" and Fan lobby should stay the same.

YOU: Who does that KTS think she is? Total bitch!

ME: I think I'm you, only better.

~Kelly, KMurr, and Kellylen <3~
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
silvermoon

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Killthesmiley wrote:
i personally think that in the new fanfic section there is just too many places to put things.
It's a nice idea, but the more places to put things, the more confussing results from it.
I think in depth and new releases should be comined. In development should be called "Need Help With Videos?" or "Fan Video Support" and Fan lobby should stay the same.

I totally agree. Trying to find a video discussion in that section now is like trying to find a needle in a haystack.
colbertnationgirl
Hymn of One

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

After getting familiar with the new design, I have one suggestion. Split the FanFic Lobby into two forums: one for non-video LG15-related things, another for non-LG15 related things. Maybe put the non-LG15 related things forum in the Community section?
QtheC
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like that "Thor's Hammer" horse that looks like a jigsaw puzzle. I think we need more horses like that. That's my 2 cents. Wink

Oh, and merging "new releases" with "In depth" might make sense. So far, I have only been looking at the "new releases."

EDIT: Okay, I went and took a look at the "In depth" section, and I can see how posts about newly released videos need their own section, so scratch the combo idea, and just keep the jigsaw horse.
silvermoon

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

QtheC wrote:
I like that "Thor's Hammer" horse that looks like a jigsaw puzzle. I think we need more horses like that. That's my 2 cents. Wink

Oh, and merging "new releases" with "In depth" might make sense. So far, I have only been looking at the "new releases."

EDIT: Okay, I went and took a look at the "In depth" section, and I can see how posts about newly released videos need their own section, so scratch the combo idea, and just keep the jigsaw horse.

Thanks, lol! That's my little Autism Awareness Horse for April.

Usually my avatar is Bree and Daniel's Satanic Wedding Photo.

And back to topic, I do think that the two sections should be merged for simplicities sake. The new video section seems to end up pretty indepth, which defeats the purpose of the indepth section...

Seperating the LG15 themed items from the non-lg15 items would probably help in that regard as well.
silverblue
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would split the fan-fic section up into something like:
In Development
Cassies (so they're all together, or you could just have itscassie here and put the other cassies in "other LG-related..." below)
HSA
FacilityJ
Maddison Atkins (assuming that it turns out to be an ARG)
Other LG-related fan-fics
Non-LG fan-fic
Other Creative Media

I think that each ARG should have its own section, though this does seem like quite a few. Are there other ARGs that I haven't listed?

This is just one chickadee's humble opinion. Wink
Ziola
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, as far as I can tell, the Maddison Atkins storyline seems to be associated with True Free Will and Hymn Of One. All three of these seem to place some importance on their MySpace pages and should be grouped together, since there is interaction between all 3 of them.
silverblue
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ziola wrote:
Well, as far as I can tell, the Maddison Atkins storyline seems to be associated with True Free Will and Hymn Of One. All three of these seem to place some importance on their MySpace pages and should be grouped together, since there is interaction between all 3 of them.

Isn't Hymn of One canon? I heard that the Creators own the HoO myspace page now.

And I'm fervently hoping that Maddy and TFW aren't related.
Ziola
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maddy is in the first spot on TFW's page...
chershaytoute

Location: Oregon with an ocean view...across the neighbors' cow pasture, wow!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

silverblue, my understanding is that HoO is, but that the myspace page wasn't...but will be, in that they didn't own it, but do now...

Did that make sense? <rueful grin>

WWggD - let's make the Breeniverse a better place to live...

Thanks to giddeanx for the coolest personal glue stick ever!
silverblue
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

chershaytoute wrote:
silverblue, my understanding is that HoO is, but that the myspace page wasn't...but will be, in that they didn't own it, but do now...

Did that make sense? <rueful grin>

No, that's what I meant, that eventually all HoO will be canon because they own the myspace now.

On another topic, what will happen to the OpAphid threads? Will they be combined and moved to fan-fic?
Ziola
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that BK plans to combine them all, he's just too busy today to get to it
wintermute
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ziola wrote:
I think that BK plans to combine them all, he's just too busy today to get to it

To be fair, he should move the threads to their respective fanfic sections, instead of combining them all. It would be impossible to follow OpA then, wouldn't it? But it's fanfic, and it should be split into the sections the same as any other fanfic. Else there's no logic in keeping the fanfic section the way it is...

'mute

'vote 'mute in '16!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Suggestions All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: