Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

0170- "Apology Accepted?"- [4/10/07]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ericski
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SirWallyWally wrote:
One thing I am surprised some of the super sleuths here didn't pick up on was a double meaning at the end of the video. Actually, it could have quite a few meanings...

exactly Smile
Mvidrine
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally, I don't completely trust Alex, though I don't think she'll harm them. I think she's still in Oppy's pocket and wants Bree to do the cermony. You don't abandon all your religous ideas just because some kids come to you with a sob story. I think there is a divide between the Hymn of One and the rest of the Order. Now which part wants to force Bree to do the ceremony, I'm not sure, but I think its the upper Order members. This seems to be a religous conviction vs. to hell with convictions. Though at the same time, the creators seem to be delivering a kinda "religion is bad" thing, so perhaps its a moral conviction (ie free will) vs. religous conviction thing
bluegum
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

my whole responce to this vid can be broken down in two statements

Human Psychology 101. (Boring)
And
Art has no random signals, clothing color should most definantly have something to do with something....
mellie3204
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 7:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mindinflight wrote:
BTW -- I'm new here! Smile I've been lurking for some time, but only recently got the courage to officially join the community!

Welcome mindinflight! Very Happy
tailortaru
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oooooh the "Big Brother" thing is a really neat thing to consider.

Man you guys are all sorts of smart! I can never pick up on the little clues and things like that >.<
Kanazaka
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, if nothing else, Alex's "honesty" is very convincing. And good catch on the "big brother comment". Very sneaky, Alex Twisted Evil . Thing is, word-wise I'm sure she's telling the truth, but we need to question her emotions. That's where things get tricky. I believe that she honestly joined the Order out of blind rage at whomever killed her mother, and she readily went after Jonas' dad when the Order told her that he conspired to kill her. But how much does Alex now regret her life path? I think that she regrets her rash decision to accept the Order's quick and easy answer to her mother's death, and there might even be a tiny drop of truth in that answer (i.e. Jonas' dad working against the Order, and in a roundabout way against Alex's mom). However, I think that she doesn't regret joining the Order and working for the Order, since she might know something about Jonas' dad that we don't know. And chances are that the Order has told her that Jonas wants to carry on his father's work, which would be another half-truth. He wants to fight the Order, but he doesn't know all the details about his dad's work and the organization to which he belonged.
Languorous Lass
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SirWallyWally wrote:
One thing I am surprised some of the super sleuths here didn't pick up on was a double meaning at the end of the video. Actually, it could have quite a few meanings...

"I could really use a big brother right now."

Big brother, like her older step-brother, Jonas's dad? Simple, innocent meaning.

Maybe Big Brother, another name for the Order, similar to the omnipotent and omnipresent Big Brother in the book 1984? We know the Order has people every where and knows most every thing.

Or finally, big Brother, like she is reaching out for Brother/Tachyon, since I believe she must know about them either through Lucy/the Order or an inebriated Jonas or Daniel after the party. Alex could possibly think that Brother/Tachyon could help her escape from the Order.

Something about that last sentence jumped out and hit me hard as soon as I heard it.

I did think about the Orwellian, 1984 interpretation of "Big Brother," and I'm glad to see that someone else picked up on the idea.

Didn't think about the Brother/Tachyon version of Big Brother, but at this point, we know that unfortunately, that's out of the question.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> The Videos All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Page 8 of 8

Jump to: