Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

NBR Investigates-"Following the Drugs!!" [4/12/07]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lurker

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As always, Nikki was fun and adorable here.

That said, though, I think there were some problems with the video. They have nothing to do with Nikki herself - it's just what it entails for the plot. I'm just going to quote myself from another thread to explain:

I wrote:
I know Nikki's essentially canon, but the information there doesn't fit with what's come before. We know the Hymn of One (or Order as a whole, beyond just OpAphid) watched the videos because:

—Alex made a message for Bree in "Alex is..."; she obviously isn't part of OpAphid
—Lucy's been watching; she was assigned to help Bree prepare for the ceremony (religious matter) ages ago, and has been in the company of at least one deacon
—They set up Daniel with a fake ceremony; they'd obviously seen his videos
—It would be stupid of them not to be watching; they obviously know the videos exist; if they know they exist, then they must be watching (or they're so stupid as to not be a threat in the first place)

The declaration that the kidnapper worked for OpAphid and that the Watchers are against them doesn't really fit with what we knew previously either. OpAphid used the Watchers' symbol, was inferred to be the Watchers' dispatcher, and she'd also said - when asked why they didn't just kidnap Bree - that certain rules had to be followed with people like Bree. Why be the one to randomly decide to break those rules?

I'm thinking they ("they" being the Creators) just came up with all this on the spot to try to explain OpAphid's absence (which is a result of real world issues), and they must not have had time to think it through enough for it to fit in smoothly with everything that's been here before. It's like back when Gemma turned out to have been evil all along - that was a result of Jackie leaving and the majority of vocal fans not liking the character.

Renegade wrote:
Can you spell "retcon"?

Yeah, exactly.

Killthesmiley wrote:
so wait...is the in depth discussion area for args and args alone?

becasue there is some stuff that should be discussed in depth fro ths video.

Let's just do it all in this one thread. No point in having two.
Luminous
Thor's Hammer

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

immortal1 wrote:
Check out the invoice iris found in his latest vid:

I'm confused about this Im1 - I'm sure you didn't mean to say Iris found it in his own latest video. What did you mean? Where did he find this?
Broken Kid
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Killthesmiley wrote:
so wait...is the in depth discussion area for args and args alone?

becasue there is some stuff that should be discussed in depth fro ths video.

I moved some of the discussion from the In-Depth thread to this one, since both were just about the video in general (so far). If there are elements of the video that bear more discussion, that would happen in the In-Depth forum.
NikkiBowerReport
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lurker wrote:
The declaration that the kidnapper worked for OpAphid and that the Watchers are against them doesn't really fit with what we knew previously either. OpAphid used the Watchers' symbol, was inferred to be the Watchers' dispatcher, and she'd also said - when asked why they didn't just kidnap Bree - that certain rules had to be followed with people like Bree. Why be the one to randomly decide to break those rules?

Your langauge here is very important. You (and I) are implying a lot because we don't have many answers.

No one said the Watchers are against Op. I have absolutely no idea whether they are or not. All I know is what I see and hear. The Watchers have never hurt Bree. They simply watch. Assuming the person in the desert who killed the kidnapper is a Watcher, he stepped in when he saw Bree in harms way. I am assuming that because the text message I found said "the Watchers will go to any lengths to protect her." To me, this appears more like the kidnapper has gone on out on his own...a rogue element or something. I dunno, just reporting what I see and hear.

Op a dispatacher? I have no information about this - you said it was something that had been inferred. That's something I can investigate further... but since Op is MIA not sure what I'll find. The symbols used by Op, the Watchers, the Resistance... we still have no idea what they really mean or their real significance. Isn't Bree rumored to have a Watcher symbol on her back?
Luminous
Thor's Hammer

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NikkiBowerReport wrote:
Isn't Bree rumored to have a Watcher symbol on her back?

Lurker

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NikkiBowerReport wrote:
Your langauge here is very important. You (and I) are implying a lot because we don't have many answers.

No one said the Watchers are against Op. I have absolutely no idea whether they are or not. All I know is what I see and hear. The Watchers have never hurt Bree. They simply watch. Assuming the person in the desert who killed the kidnapper is a Watcher, he stepped in when he saw Bree in harms way. I am assuming that because the text message I found said "the Watchers will go to any lengths to protect her." To me, this appears more like the kidnapper has gone on out on his own...a rogue element or something. I dunno, just reporting what I see and hear.

Maybe I'm misunderstanding something. It just seems - with this kidnapper working for Op and with the message on the BlackBerry apparently from someone who is giving the kidnapper their orders - that this person wasn't acting on their own. As a consequence of that, if the Watchers were against the kidnapper, then they must also be against whoever gave the kidnapper that order.

I guess whether the Watchers are against Op depends on whether it was Op who sent that message.

NikkiBowerReport wrote:
Op a dispatacher? I have no information about this - you said it was something that had been inferred. That's something I can investigate further... but since Op is MIA not sure what I'll find.

Maybe this source you met (your own personal Deep Throat?) knows something about that.

NikkiBowerReport wrote:
The symbols used by Op, the Watchers, the Resistance... we still have no idea what they really mean or their real significance. Isn't Bree rumored to have a Watcher symbol on her back?

Yep. It's definitely there.
abcdefg
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lurker wrote:
I know Nikki's essentially canon, but the information there doesn't fit with what's come before. We know the Hymn of One (or Order as a whole, beyond just OpAphid) watched the videos because:

*snip*

—They set up Daniel with a fake ceremony; they'd obviously seen his videos

or more specifically they instructed bree to make a video lying saying that she'd completed the ceremony.
ApotheosisAZ
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NikkiBowerReport wrote:
No one said the Watchers are against Op. I have absolutely no idea whether they are or not. All I know is what I see and hear. The Watchers have never hurt Bree. They simply watch. Assuming the person in the desert who killed the kidnapper is a Watcher, he stepped in when he saw Bree in harms way.

I am assuming that the person who killed the kidnapper isn't a Watcher. I am assuming that person is in fact your source, Nikki. He dressed as a Watcher to lead us to believe he was one.

He then planted all the evidence in this video for you to find.

I hope that you were safe in your methods of contact with this source, Nikki. Sounds like a dangerous guy.

Just more speculation, but it fits the available evidence.
immortal1
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Luminous wrote:
immortal1 wrote:
Check out the invoice iris found in his latest vid:

I'm confused about this Im1 - I'm sure you didn't mean to say Iris found it in his own latest video. What did you mean? Where did he find this?

Someone was following Iris- he assumed since he was a hacker that it was the gov't and took it as a compliment. A couple of months ago someone put some surveillance footage of him on the internet and he realized it wasn't the gov't. after all. Because of the timing he realized it might be about the last system he hacked, which was the warehouse that Daniel found the epogen at. The files were decrypted so he went back to see if he could crack them. After the gang was kidnapped Daniel took to the forum to research the drugs they were given. Iris remembered seeing the drug names from a document in a file he decrypted. The document turned out to be an invoice and he reported back to us. He has other documents but apparently can't make sense of them.
NikkiBowerReport
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ApotheosisAZ wrote:

I am assuming that the person who killed the kidnapper isn't a Watcher. I am assuming that person is in fact your source, Nikki. He dressed as a Watcher to lead us to believe he was one.

He then planted all the evidence in this video for you to find.

I hope that you were safe in your methods of contact with this source, Nikki. Sounds like a dangerous guy.

Just more speculation, but it fits the available evidence.

Evolution of Nikki's thoughts:
Shocked Shocked Shocked Shame on you ...no way, I'm totally right Smile
Killthesmiley
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

niki...what exactly are you smoking?

YOU: Who does that KTS think she is? Total bitch!

ME: I think I'm you, only better.

~Kelly, KMurr, and Kellylen <3~
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Flautapantera

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The return of the lemniscate!! Great finds, Nikki. You certainly earned your keep with this one. Wink

I think the real tips we must further investigate here are:

- Nikki was a mime in the past

- a Bible and a bunny were found mingling together in the drughound's hotelroom

- Is "ointment" truly the worst word in the English language? What about "moist" or "panties"? Eh?

You know that moment where you just want to grab a pair of scissors and run away with them?
NikkiBowerReport
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Killthesmiley wrote:

lol that's me realizing Apo must be smoking something for coming up with that theory. Wink
Killthesmiley
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NikkiBowerReport wrote:
Killthesmiley wrote:

lol that's me realizing Apo must be smoking something for coming up with that theory. Wink

ssssssssuuuuuuuuuurrreeee!

hey are you coming to the get together in august?
that would be fun

YOU: Who does that KTS think she is? Total bitch!

ME: I think I'm you, only better.

~Kelly, KMurr, and Kellylen <3~
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
ApotheosisAZ
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NikkiBowerReport wrote:

Shocked

Harsh, Nikki. I won't confirm or deny. I am not the fan who posts videos of visits to hookah bars, and then later interviews squirrels.

My theory, while obviously a radical one, does fit the facts.

Cool
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> New Releases All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: