Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Soccerstar
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
impulse
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Languorous Lass wrote:
silvermoon wrote:

When I brought the subject up, though I had several people support my view, I got my ass chewed royally for suggesting that I stop people's "freedom of speech".

Yes, I very much remember that whole debacle. I think, though, that a lot of the ass-chewing came from one person, who got kicked off the boards soon after.

Come to think of it, I haven't noticed anyone using the term "retard" in a long, long time. Maybe your efforts made a difference.

Exactly what I wanted to say. I remember reading this discussion and being touched by what you were saying, and I also noticed almost no one is using this term anymore on this forum. So I guess you won that battle silvermoon.
Languorous Lass
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cittiecait wrote:
ok don't you think its weird that she mentions bree and all in her video... if she watches the videos then she would be aware of the preperations that she would ahve to go through... she would be aware of the religion... even gemma and jonas(although not until later) were aware of the religion and the people involved.

Ah. Thanks for clarifying. And you have a good point.

Well, some folks on here have suggested that Taylor isn't the real New Girl -- it's Sam, her "BFF." Which makes sense.

It also occurs to me that maybe the Order is sufficiently desperate that they've decided The New Girl doesn't have to have been raised in/by the Order, as long as she has the "something in the blood" that was mentioned on the whiteboard.

ETA: And that she hasn't done anything that would violate the "purity bond" we've heard about from Bree.

Last edited by Languorous Lass on Wed Apr 18, 2007 9:30 am; edited 1 time in total
nowherepixie
Owen's Helper

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cittiecait wrote:
ok don't you think its weird that she mentions bree and all in her video... if she watches the videos then she would be aware of the preperations that she would ahve to go through... she would be aware of the religion... even gemma and jonas(although not until later) were aware of the religion and the people involved.

Good point. Maybe it's her mate Sam then.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
cittiecait
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well i know that i've talked about this with my friends... and even though they dont understand they would still be aware if they started having to through with all these preperations etc. daniel was aware that something wasnt right and tried to stop bree... if my friend had to start taking injections because of her religion or something similar and i was a fan of lg15 i wouldn't talk about soccer on the internet... thats for sure!!!
nowherepixie
Owen's Helper

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cittiecait wrote:
well i know that i've talked about this with my friends... and even though they dont understand they would still be aware if they started having to through with all these preperations etc. daniel was aware that something wasnt right and tried to stop bree... if my friend had to start taking injections because of her religion or something similar and i was a fan of lg15 i wouldn't talk about soccer on the internet... thats for sure!!!

Thats a good point.

But at the same time I think I'd also be unlikely to spill my guts about it all in my first Vlog either.

But yes you have a point.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Languorous Lass
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, presumably, whichever New Girl is chosen (assuming it's one of the girls who are posting vlogs), she doesn't know that she's been chosen yet. None of the girls, including Jules, have mentioned the kind of preparations Bree had to go through.
nowherepixie
Owen's Helper

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Languorous Lass wrote:
Well, presumably, whichever New Girl is chosen (assuming it's one of the girls who are posting vlogs), she doesn't know that she's been chosen yet. None of the girls, including Jules, have mentioned the kind of preparations Bree had to go through.

True. But they've only posted a couple of videos. I doubt I'd have posted about my religion (if I had one) in my first couple of videos, especially with how many insensitive commentt there are.

Although yeh, they might just not know yet.
silvermoon

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

impulse wrote:
Languorous Lass wrote:
silvermoon wrote:

When I brought the subject up, though I had several people support my view, I got my ass chewed royally for suggesting that I stop people's "freedom of speech".

Yes, I very much remember that whole debacle. I think, though, that a lot of the ass-chewing came from one person, who got kicked off the boards soon after.

Come to think of it, I haven't noticed anyone using the term "retard" in a long, long time. Maybe your efforts made a difference.

Exactly what I wanted to say. I remember reading this discussion and being touched by what you were saying, and I also noticed almost no one is using this term anymore on this forum. So I guess you won that battle silvermoon.

Except for the very occaision usage, yes, it really hasn't been used lately. I hope I helped contribute to that. It's really such a hurtful word to so many people.

And back to topic...sorry. Embarassed
watermelonhead
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

She needs to post another video before I can draw any conclusions
watching_watchers
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really like Taylor. =] Shes my favorite.
Hooray for Orange Slurpees!
Go to my YouTube! http://www.youtube.com/xshibbiex
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Hippie
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well theres no thread for the 2nd video of hers, but I must say I found it annoying, but Im really starting to think this girl could be real good if everything wasnt soccer this soccer that, though i did like the insight on the family that was where i was like "ok there IS more to her!"
rupaZer0
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I liked the new video a bit more. There was almost some proper emotion in it as opposed to performing. And I'm starting to appreciate the subtle things she incorporates into the story, like the thing about her Mum acting kind of outspoken and arrogant - sound familiar? Plus I'm keen to find out what the deal is with her sister. Hopefully she'll stop talking about soccer at some point.
Languorous Lass
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rupaZer0 wrote:
I liked the new video a bit more. There was almost some proper emotion in it as opposed to performing. And I'm starting to appreciate the subtle things she incorporates into the story, like the thing about her Mum acting kind of outspoken and arrogant - sound familiar? Plus I'm keen to find out what the deal is with her sister. Hopefully she'll stop talking about soccer at some point.

There is now a thread for her new vid. Please use that thread to discuss the vid, so we don't have the same conversations going on in several places. Go here: http://www.lonelygirl15.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=9073

BTW, if you want to discuss a new vid and there isn't already a thread posted for it, you're perfectly welcome to start one yourself. That will help cut down on confusion in the forum.

When you start a thread about a vid, just use the thread-naming format that's become standard here: name of vidmaker, title of vid (in quotation marks), date posted (in brackets) Look at the name of this thread for one example.

(I'm not a mod, but I want to play one on TV.) Anxious
kristy2520
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't see why people like this girl...she doesn't interest me at all and I don't think she'd fit with LG15 in any way.
watching_watchers
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really like her new video. Shes awesome. =]
Hooray for Orange Slurpees!
Go to my YouTube! http://www.youtube.com/xshibbiex
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Taylor & Sarah All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 9 of 11

Jump to: