Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

World Vision
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
exanimatebylove
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 11:36 pm    Post subject: World Vision Reply with quote

So I went to a concert this weekend called 'Glory Revealed'. It was awesome. http://www.gloryrevealed.com/ If you wanna check it out. Anyway, There was a speaker whose name is David Nasser. He spoke about the poverty in India. He told a story of a missionary who went to India to spend time at a place they call 'The House Of The Dying'. Mother Theresa orchestrated the whole thing. She believed that if you are dying in a poverty stricken country and you have nothing, you at least deserve to have a decent bowl of food to eat for your last meal and a place to sleep. India is so full of death and poverty that out of the 13 million people who live there, 11 million of them are cursed with disease and sickness. The most common age for AIDS in India is 15-24. Sad World Vision is an organization that allows you to sponser children so that they can have the basics, food, clean water, medical attention, and an education. Things we take for granted daily. I know you have probably saw those 1-800 numbers on TV before and thought it was all a hoax and that someone was getting rich off the backs of the poor but World Vision if a real ministry and they are for real. Your money actually goes to the child. Sorry if I offend anyone but God has blessed us with SO much. Some of us waste so much money on things we don't need while our brothers and sisters are dying because they don't have anything to eat. They are forced to sell their children for sex. The main job of an 11 year old girl in India is prostitution. Sad These children deserve so much more than that. I just had it on my heart to share this with you guys. I'm not trying to make anyone feel bad either but we, America as a whole is so greedy. We have so many things we take for granted when people have nothing. Anyway, check out the website if it's on your heart. God Bless u.

Get lost within the things that make you happy, and you will never be alone...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Languorous Lass
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, but I don't support any causes that include Christianity with their charity. I don't think that anyone should try to indoctrinate others as a condition of providing them with assistance. (And that goes for the US trying to export its brand of "democracy" along with aid.)
Ziola
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And excuse me for being a little bitter and self absorbed, but while you tout the wonders of being America, don't forget all the people that we have here that are homeless, jobless and selling themselves just to feed their children. Or how about the children and parents here who are sick and dying and can do nothing about it because they don't have health care?

I think we should be a tad bit more narcissitic and take care of our own country before we try to fix anyone elses...
Sami
P. Monkey's Agent

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Languorous Lass wrote:
Sorry, but I don't support any causes that include Christianity with their charity.

Me neighter
Sami
P. Monkey's Agent

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

edit

Last edited by Sami on Mon Apr 16, 2007 6:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
7Harry7Potter7
P. Monkey's Agent

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So do NOT want to start a flame war here, but I just wanted to say that I support that charity and its views.

Coming July 21, 2007!!!!!!!

784 pages
Ziola
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

7Harry7Potter7 wrote:
So do NOT want to start a flame war here, but I just wanted to say that I support that charity and its views.
Honey, I don't think anyone would flame you for that. The beauty of being a human being is that you are entitled to your opinion. Just because I am a raging jerk who is mouthy on top of it doesn't mean I don't respect you for your views.
Mikayla
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 4:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i sponser a girl called brenda with world vision =]
loobylou
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 4:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The thing about charity is that there are so many ways to give that as long as you help out somewhere, it really doesn't matter where.
Sami
P. Monkey's Agent

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 5:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ziola:
Quote:
The beauty of being a human being is that you are entitled to your opinion.

Loobylou:
Quote:
The thing about charity is that there are so many ways to give that as long as you help out somewhere, it really doesn't matter where.

Well said!
Mikayla
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sami wrote:

Loobylou:
Quote:

Well said!

completely agree =]
Languorous Lass
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

loobylou wrote:

Excellent point, Lou, thanks.
7Harry7Potter7
P. Monkey's Agent

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ziola wrote:
7Harry7Potter7 wrote:
Honey, I don't think anyone would flame you for that. The beauty of being a human being is that you are entitled to your opinion. Just because I am a raging jerk who is mouthy on top of it doesn't mean I don't respect you for your views.

Aww...Thank you! That totally made my day. Very Happy
And you are NOT a raging jerk! No no no. No. You always manage to bring a smile to my face. Very Happy

Coming July 21, 2007!!!!!!!

784 pages
exanimatebylove
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't care if it's Christian or Athiest, or if they are from here or the moon, if it helps someone who is less fortunate than me then it's worth it.

Like I said, Don't hate me for putting it out there but for some reason I felt it on my heart to share this info with u guys. And that I did.

Get lost within the things that make you happy, and you will never be alone...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Ziola
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No one hates you...I have a lot of respect for people who still feel they can make a difference. For whatever reason, I lost that look on life..

To be honest, it makes me jealous of you... Embarassed
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Off the Cuff All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: