Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

LGPedia and Maddison
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Maddison Atkins: Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ElizKM86
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 8:54 am    Post subject: LGPedia and Maddison Reply with quote

Am I the only one who noticed that Maddy is nowhere to be found on the LGPedia. Everyone and thier mom is on the LGPedia! I think the creators are denying this one, and denying it hard. Which leads me to think that they want us to be really surprised if they decide to announce that Maddy is cannon.

I know, more cannon talk....
Not what everyone wants to hear right now, but I need to do somthing while we wait for everything to go down today!
Ziola
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

She's no where to be found on the LGPedia because none of us have taken the time to set her up a page. With all that's been going on, we've been understandably busy.

Actually, I'm just a tad bit lazy and I don't get how to do the whole page thing Embarassed
Sami
P. Monkey's Agent

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's Maddison on LGpedia: http://www.lonelygirl15.com/lgpedia/index.php?title=Maddison

And I don't think the creators has written anything in LGpedia
psichopate
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.lonelygirl15.com/lgpedia/index.php?title=Maddison_Atkins
Rolling Eyes

And... I am going to make that page more useful, with all information about puzzles, drops, etc. If someone wants to help, I would really appreciate it. Wink
ElizKM86
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys, I looked all over and couldnt find it!
Dunno whats up with that...
I'll help with the edit if I can.
psichopate
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right... We could use Facility J page as a guidance. Smile
Now, that I think...
I don't really like the idea of linking everything to the forum threads as they usually contain lots of posts and it is difficult to find the thing you are looking for. Creating pages for puzzles and drops would be more clear. Forum links would be just added like sources of information in these pages or something like that.
All the "Forum" section isn't necessary as well. One link to forum would be enough for main page. I mean, it isn't so hard to find threads of the videos once you are in the forum, is it?
Instead the page could have short summary of the story, like what is the Maddison Atkins, what's happening, why someone would want to watch videos. Smile [?]

Colors. Facility J has very dark page. I think we need something colorful for Maddison. Smile
And the banner. The page needs banner. Would someone make it? I have no idea how that thing should look like, that colors should be used, etc. But once we have something nice to put on the top of the page we could use the similar colors for the page, all videos and characters of Maddison Atkins. Or let's choose colors first and then someone can make a banner.

Oh, I made the picture.
I imagine page like that. Well, something like.
http://img235.imageshack.us/img235/9420/untitledct1.jpg
I don't know...

All ideas are very welcome. Let's get that page done :]
impulse
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 11:11 am    Post subject: Re: LGPedia and Maddison Reply with quote

ElizKM86 wrote:
.... to announce that Maddy is cannon.....I know, more cannon talk....

C.A.N.O.N. Canon. Canon, canon, canon, canon!

Sorry, I had to.
ignatzmouse
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did the Facility J redesign, so I have opinions Smile
psichopate wrote:

Thank you! The design was just a blatant rip-off of the AphidPedia of course!
psichopate wrote:
Now, that I think...
I don't really like the idea of linking everything to the forum threads as they usually contain lots of posts and it is difficult to find the thing you are looking for. Creating pages for puzzles and drops would be more clear. Forum links would be just added like sources of information in these pages or something like that.

I just did it that way to avoid having the same information in two places. Cutting-and-pasting material from the forum to the pedia is a bit of a pain, as they use different markup languages, so you have to redo all the formatting. Or putting it another way: I'm lazy!
psichopate wrote:
All the "Forum" section isn't necessary as well. One link to forum would be enough for main page. I mean, it isn't so hard to find threads of the videos once you are in the forum, is it?

I just did that to call attention to the forum, since the Facility J forum community is a very important part of that game. The Maddison Atkins community has a different feel, I think because the game is faster-moving, so more happens in IRC. Facility J is quite glacial at times (er, especially right now) so the forum ends up being where most of the action is.
psichopate wrote:
Instead the page could have short summary of the story, like what is the Maddison Atkins, what's happening, why someone would want to watch videos. Smile [?]

I'd recommend doing a separate page for the story summary, and keep the front page as a collection of links (it's quite hard to keep the front page from getting too cluttered otherwise).
psichopate wrote:
Colors. Facility J has very dark page. I think we need something colorful for Maddison. Smile

Definitely. The JPedia page is deliberately monochromatic and gloomy (with the tiny splash of color from the mysterious young lady). I'd go for something more Dr Suessy for MA.

Oh, also I think the "Maddison Atkins" page should be reserved for Maddison herself, not for the whole ARG. I was thinking of "Maddison Avenue" as being a working title for the page about the ARG.

It wouldn't take me too long to port the Facility J page over to make a template for a MAPedia, if other people reckon the JPedia is a good model.
psichopate
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ignatzmouse wrote:
psichopate wrote:

Thank you! The design was just a blatant rip-off of the AphidPedia of course!

Actually, it was Jonpro suggestion in the Maddison LGPedia page.
ignatzmouse wrote:
I just did it that way to avoid having the same information in two places. Cutting-and-pasting material from the forum to the pedia is a bit of a pain, as they use different markup languages, so you have to redo all the formatting. Or putting it another way: I'm lazy!

I have too much time and too less to do, so formatting isn't an issue. Smile
I really like idea of having puzzles in the LGPedia.
ignatzmouse wrote:
I'd recommend doing a separate page for the story summary, and keep the front page as a collection of links (it's quite hard to keep the front page from getting too cluttered otherwise).

Yeah, that would probably be better. What about a little section... The start of the story, 3 sentences or so, and then link to the summary page?
ignatzmouse wrote:
I'd go for something more Dr Suessy for MA.

Dr Seuss theme would be great. *nods*
ignatzmouse wrote:
Oh, also I think the "Maddison Atkins" page should be reserved for Maddison herself, not for the whole ARG. I was thinking of "Maddison Avenue" as being a working title for the page about the ARG.

Good idea! I was thinking about Maddison Atkins for ARG and Maddison Atkins (character) for character.
ignatzmouse wrote:
It wouldn't take me too long to port the Facility J page over to make a template for a MAPedia, if other people reckon the JPedia is a good model.

That would be easier than making new page from nothing so I'd say, go for it. Anyway, I guess we should wait for more opinions.
giddeanx
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you like that?

PNG version

X
chershaytoute

Location: Oregon with an ocean view...across the neighbors' cow pasture, wow!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I liked the Dr. Seuss-ish theme...and the Maddison Avenue idea... Maybe a children's drawing of a street sign?

But then again, that note gidd just posted is pretty darned cool, too! <nodding happily!>

WWggD - let's make the Breeniverse a better place to live...

Thanks to giddeanx for the coolest personal glue stick ever!
psichopate
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was thinking about white/red yellow/light-blue combination if we are going for Dr. Seuss-ish theme. Note is nice. I guess we would need something more Seuss-ish but in that case we could still use it for puzzles page. Smile
nowherepixie
Owen's Helper

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll help if I can Smile Just let me know if anyone wants me to do anything!
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
ElizKM86
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, I never said I could spell....
janesalteredstates
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't forget HTMLevis!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Maddison Atkins: Archive All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: