Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

LG15 Storyline- Creators Intent?

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Rubbish Bin
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Truth-in-Science
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 4:08 pm    Post subject: LG15 Storyline- Creators Intent? Reply with quote

Anyone given any thought to the idea that the Creators are trying to awaken a spiritual awareness for the occult?

Just as a thought, maybe the idea of creating a dark storyline through this video media is their way to generate a newly found interest in the occult, Thelema, Crowley, etc.. Perhaps this is a spiritual awakening for these religions and secret societies, and it is their way of sparking an interest in the general public--specifically, the youth of the world.

Think about how much research and new knowledge has been gained by us all in terms of Ritualistic rites, ceremonial cults, and ancient languages and religions. I find that very interesting. Why not consider this media a forum of rebirth of a new generation of followers??!

I am merely offering this a possible topic of discussion- not necessarily what I believe. This was just something that came to mind. After all, its just a game! But is there an alternate motive??

Any other thoughts on this perspective?
Sfonzarelli
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SHHHHH!
katiegirl15
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 5:44 pm    Post subject: Re: LG15 Storyline- Creators Intent? Reply with quote

Truth-in-Science wrote:
Anyone given any thought to the idea that the Creators are trying to awaken a spiritual awareness for the occult?

Just as a thought, maybe the idea of creating a dark storyline through this video media is their way to generate a newly found interest in the occult, Thelema, Crowley, etc.. Perhaps this is a spiritual awakening for these religions and secret societies, and it is their way of sparking an interest in the general public--specifically, the youth of the world.

Think about how much research and new knowledge has been gained by us all in terms of Ritualistic rites, ceremonial cults, and ancient languages and religions. I find that very interesting. Why not consider this media a forum of rebirth of a new generation of followers??!

I am merely offering this a possible topic of discussion- not necessarily what I believe. This was just something that came to mind. After all, its just a game! But is there an alternate motive??

that freaking creeps me out.

I'm Christian and I plan on staying that way. Ugh that's so creepy. It's like advertising for it when you look at it like that.
Broken Kid
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 6:25 pm    Post subject: Re: LG15 Storyline- Creators Intent? Reply with quote

Truth-in-Science wrote:

I wondered the same thing, really. And how this might effect kids' views of the occult. If parents and teachers were freaking out when kids were reading Harry Potter, imagine the effect of something like this.
Sfonzarelli
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 6:42 pm    Post subject: Re: LG15 Storyline- Creators Intent? Reply with quote

katiegirl15 wrote:
that freaking creeps me out.

I'm Christian and I plan on staying that way. Ugh that's so creepy. It's like advertising for it when you look at it like that.

Which Christians have never never been known for.
sungurl
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

or maybe they just wanted to do a storyline that was sure to catch some folks eyes as it is about a subject that rarely gets talked about....so more attention and thus more vieweres for them...plus, the dark sinister stuff is usually more amusing to more folks than the happy story, lol.....and Bree is seemingly sweet and innocent, so it is that contradiction that she could possibly be involved in something darker???
Aenigmatron
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you might be on to something Truth-In-Science... I've had a slight interest in the occult for quite a long time, it's not something I would really get involved with, I don't think I would ever try and join the O.T.O. I just think it's really interesting. Also I want to start reading the H.P. Lovecraft novels and maybe even the Book of the Law... you know, just to see what it's all about first hand.

Love your reply Sfonzarelli with all the links to Christian Evangelism too, good job Smile
Sfonzarelli
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aenigmatron wrote:
I think you might be on to something Truth-In-Science... I don't think I would ever try and join the O.T.O.

Truth be told, there really isn't an "OTO" any more. It's sort of like the IRA, there are numerous groups calling themselves the OTO and affiliation with any of them isn't really required for anything.

-.-. ..-. ..- -.- / ..- -.-- ---
Icaterus
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 7:37 am    Post subject: Re: LG15 Storyline- Creators Intent? Reply with quote

Truth-in-Science wrote:

I honestly think it's just for entertainment purposes and nothing to try and increase occult popularity in real life. It's the same as movies using daemons and UFOs etc, they only do it because it makes an interesting good story.

Thanks for watching as I fall.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Rubbish Bin All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: