Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

callmejules24
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Julia aka Callmejules24
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kasdeja
Hymn of One

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

colbertnationgirl wrote:
I don't speak French, so I apologize if this is stupid, but could it be a pronounciation error, not a translation error?

No. In French it should be Je M'appelle Julia. You dont' say the literal "my name is"...that would be mon nom est. The way a French person would say it and the way you would learn in French class would translate literally to "I am called". Je m'appelle.

You cannot make another post so soon after your last; please try again in a short while.
Bagged, tagged, sold to the butcher at the store.
silvermoon

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

She did the same thing with the Spanish -- "Me nombre es" (My name is) instead of "Me llamo" -- I am called.

I know someone somewhere mentioned that she screwed up the German, as well. Was it the same sort of mistake?

Could it be some sort of clue? Trying to point out something about her name?
bluegum
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nombre is the word that would be at the top of worksheets where you wrote your name.
silvermoon

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Messaged Jules on youtube about whether she was learning about Enochian, here is what she wrote back.

Quote:
Hi Kris Smile I looked at your channel and that video of sanjaya is so funny!

You should get a camera because everyone should try it once!! Well at least most people. I was really excited about making videos and meeting people from all over the place. I've met some super nice people (like you) but there are mean people on here.

Studying languages is super boring. Exciting if you're in the country they're spoken in but not if you're just practicing to mirror. That's what I first starting doing here was watching vids of French and Spsnish people to hear people speak it. That other language you're talking about sounds interesting. Do people actually speak it?

So, it would seem that she doesn't know what Enochian is ( or has been told to deny it).

I keep having this horrible fear that this is just some poor girl getting her videos torn up by complete strangers. I know it's not really, but good heavens, what if it were? Confused
bluegum
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was kinda worrying about us picking up on random girls actual lives...how sucky would that be to have your life torn up by totally strangers who think your part of a internet series.
impulse
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

silvermoon wrote:

I keep having this horrible fear that this is just some poor girl getting her videos torn up by complete strangers. I know it's not really, but good heavens, what if it were? Confused

I wouldn't stop laughing. I know, that's bad, insensitive, and most certainly very cruel, but I would laugh to death nonetheless.
pryncessashleigh
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't like this girl at all. Her acting is horrible and if she is new to this [like bree was] then how come her second video was edited.

And another note...Grillz was funny...her rapping is just sad.

But has anyone else noticed that she video responds to Bree's YouTube account???

That's how it started with Gemma and Jonas...

I dunno.
If she is a new character, I just hope her acting gets A LOT better. Shocked
nowherepixie
Owen's Helper

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

impulse wrote:
silvermoon wrote:

I wouldn't stop laughing. I know, that's bad, insensitive, and most certainly very cruel, but I would laugh to death nonetheless.

We'd be a red in the face then wouldn't we if we made a little girl cry!
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
impulse
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it's more the "oh shit!" expression on the Creators' faces d'oh! I was thinking about. But don't worry, no little girl was harmed in the making of this video.
impulse
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK. I think I'm ready for the next step now. Just to see what's gonna happen to Jules. I'm totally convinced she's just a prop anyway in this story and will not become a major character. I went through the older LG15 videos though. It made me realized how good an actress Jessica was from the beginning.
Aithne

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Someone asked about the German so here it is...

Her German pronunciation is not great so it is hard to say exactly what the first word she says is supposed to be. There are two possibilities, she was either saying 'ich' or 'ist'

The correct way introducing oneself in German is to say "Ich heißen _____" which literally translates to "I call ____" (no need to add the am as in 'i am called') it is used when doing an informal introduction such as "I'm ____".

Another way of introducing oneself is "Mine name ist ______" Which literally translates to "My name is____". This way of introducing is considered acceptable and is sometimes done in more professional environments, but is done rarely. Like if you were to drop a pencil and someone picked it up for you, you would most likely say "thanks", although "Thank you for picking up my pencil" is considered the correct way of saying it.

Julias says "Ich/ist mine name Julia" which is incorrect. It translates literally to "I my name Julia. She refers to herself twice in this sentence
exanimatebylove
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't so much like her. She's very fake.

Get lost within the things that make you happy, and you will never be alone...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
alysaface
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

silvermoon wrote:
Messaged Jules on youtube about whether she was learning about Enochian, here is what she wrote back.

Quote:
Hi Kris Smile I looked at your channel and that video of sanjaya is so funny!

You should get a camera because everyone should try it once!! Well at least most people. I was really excited about making videos and meeting people from all over the place. I've met some super nice people (like you) but there are mean people on here.

Studying languages is super boring. Exciting if you're in the country they're spoken in but not if you're just practicing to mirror. That's what I first starting doing here was watching vids of French and Spsnish people to hear people speak it. That other language you're talking about sounds interesting. Do people actually speak it?

So, it would seem that she doesn't know what Enochian is ( or has been told to deny it).

she seems sooo sweet, it makes me feel sorta bad for saying she's annoying =(

http://youtube.com/profile?user=alysaface

stalk me.

You were so much cooler before you got your little PHD in everyone elses problems.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Particular
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 3:12 am    Post subject: Not convinced Reply with quote

Sorry guys, but I'm not feeling a lot of love for this "Jules." I think she sounds really scripted. Who knows, she might grow up to be a great actor, but at the moment I don't think she's up to the task. I don't think she's very likeable to be quite honest. All the characters so far have had something quirky about them or something that you could relate to them about. Bree was quirky and funny, daniel was interesting because of his relationship with bree (at the begining, i don't mean now), jonas was lonely and friendly (and generally a good actor!). To me, Jules doesn't have any particular likeable qualities that stand out. I hope she's not canon.

R.I.P. Maddy and Adam. Mad love for you guys.

Member of the Lurker Fanclub
cephista
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 4:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
"Ich heißen _____" which literally translates to "I call ____" (no need to add the am as in 'i am called') it is used when doing an informal introduction such as "I'm ____".

Another way of introducing oneself is "Mine name ist ______" Which literally translates to "My name is____".

Actually it is " Ich heiße XXX" and "Mein Name ist XXX". Just to clear it up.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Julia aka Callmejules24 All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 11 of 13

Jump to: