Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

callmejules24-"He's a Monster, I Promise!!"[4-13-0
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Julia aka Callmejules24
View previous topic :: View next topic  
silvermoon

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 6:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, the main cast is 3 people, and one is an Arab. I think that's diverse enough.

And most of the background cast so far has been related to the Creators...cheap labor, not picked for their skin color.

I think turning this discussion into a "where are all the people of color" question borders on ridiculous. If the cast were bigger and had more unrelated participants, then maybe we could start bitching.
nowherepixie
Owen's Helper

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

silvermoon wrote:

And most of the background cast so far has been related to the Creators...cheap labor, not picked for their skin color.

Good point...
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Languorous Lass
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

silvermoon wrote:
Okay, the main cast is 3 people, and one is an Arab. I think that's diverse enough.

Do we know that for sure? I'm thinking of the party scene in particular.

silvermoon wrote:
I think turning this discussion into a "where are all the people of color" question borders on ridiculous. If the cast were bigger and had more unrelated participants, then maybe we could start bitching.

Silvermoon, I'm really surprised to hear this tone coming from you. You usually express more respect for concerns about how people in underrepresented groups are portrayed, at least on the boards.

I take this issue seriously. And I think there are examples out there of how to make a cast racially and ethnically diverse without making a big deal out of it. The show 24 was terrific at it, at least back when I was watching (during the first three seasons).

I'm white, so I don't always notice when a cast lacks racial/ethnic diversity. But when it's called to my attention, I have to acknowledge it where it exists.
silvermoon

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know, I had completely forgotten about the party scene. You are absolutely right, that would have been a great place to get some diversity going in the series.

And I didn't mean to downplay the seriousness of the issue at all. I just think that sometimes people are too quick to call "bullshit" on the diversity thing. Not that it isn't a often a valid point. Looking at the fact that the party scene was a wave of white faces, the point is a little better taken.

I concede the point that the Creators do need to give the issue some thought.
chicagowriter
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay since I'm the horrible person who started this whole thing let me say I wasn't trying to make it a big race war!
I was half serious and half joking when I asked is the order suppose to be a racist organization?
Maybe there is a real reason why we have not seen anyone past a five on the skin tone chart.
So here are the two running theories on the lack of diversity
1. The order is a racist organization.
2. The creators cast only their family to save money.
They only issue I have with two is they are shooting in Californian one of the most diverse states in the USA. It is also filled with actors tons waiting to get their big break. If I was a struggling actor I would appear on LG for free think how many people would see you! Hell one of my friends is out there now freaking ridiculously good looking Latino guy. I mean you will forget about Jonas hot! Very clean cut all American looking. And an amazing actor to boot! He flew back to Chicago to do a small role in my film for free because his type is a dime a dozen in LA and he is having trouble getting work. Plus my film was awesome ;)So maybe the creators are lazy? Don't want to do castings. With their schedule maybe they don't have time. But I really still don't buy it.
And to be honest I don't think the order is suppose to be racist.
I kind of think the reason is the creators are scared. Really I mean so far the only place they could add diversity is with evil characters. Hmm how would that sit? They are in a hard place. This is why I thought the "new girl" would be a good place to add some diversity. Besides I hate all the choice so far! Hell I even half jokingly suggested making the "new girl" gay. Really that could be interesting. Maybe Sam is the new girl and Taylor is her girlfriend. I just want to see something other than Bree 2!

Last edited by chicagowriter on Wed Apr 18, 2007 11:59 am; edited 1 time in total
Kasdeja
Hymn of One

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is insanity.. I just hope they pick the best actor and don't worry about the color of their skin enough to discriminate agaisnt ANYONE. Good grief, not everyhting is a race issue...and I'm sure they didn't cast and pay all the people in the party scene. Ever hear of coworkers or firends or family? I doubt they were ALL paid actors. Low budget and all that. We don't know and making assumptions is ludicrus. If someone wants to push this further, myabe they need to take it to concerns and complaints?

You cannot make another post so soon after your last; please try again in a short while.
Bagged, tagged, sold to the butcher at the store.
silvermoon

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kasdeja wrote:
This is insanity.. I just hope they pick the best actor and don't worry about the color of their skin enough to discriminate agaisnt ANYONE.

YES.
chicagowriter
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope they pick the best actor too! This would be none of the girls they have shown us so far. They all suck! I think the reason they annoy me (and many other people) so much is they are Bree 2, but with no acting skills. We already have seen Bree's story I have no interest in seeing it again with a more annoying girl.
Forget about diversity in terms of race for a second here let's think in terms of story. Come on creators let's try using a girl that is not a clone of Bree.*
*Unless they want to do a whole Bree is a clone and/or the new girl is a clone of Bree. But even then make it interesting make her a punk or goth girl like someone else suggested. Get that Hope is Emo chick to be the new girl!

silvermoon wrote:
Kasdeja wrote:
This is insanity.. I just hope they pick the best actor and don't worry about the color of their skin enough to discriminate agaisnt ANYONE.

YES.
Kasdeja
Hymn of One

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just want it to flow with the story...whatever the heck THAT might be, lol. I mean, chances are if the girl was brought up like bree she wouldn't be goth. But, heck...who knows. I agree, though...none of the girls we have so far...well, some are fans, now. Hard to know what it what. I guess I'll just wait for a video saying "We need to save this girl *flash picture*"

You cannot make another post so soon after your last; please try again in a short while.
chicagowriter
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flowing with Bree's story is important, but I hope hope hope that the new girl is bringing something worth watching. So far I wanted to stab out my eyes with these new ones well more my ears.
I actually had a lot of friends who were brought up in very religious or other wise domineering homes and boy were they bad kids! Talk about rebelling! Some of the parents didn't have a clue. So maybe the new girls parents and order don't know she has this other life. I'm not suggesting we have the new girl be sweet as can be to her parents and then a drug addict at night but the creators may want to consider what happens to a person psychologically when they are as controlled as Bree was and I'm sure the new girl is. Some will be like Bree and go along others will not.

Kasdeja wrote:
I just want it to flow with the story...whatever the heck THAT might be, lol. I mean, chances are if the girl was brought up like bree she wouldn't be goth. But, heck...who knows. I agree, though...none of the girls we have so far...well, some are fans, now. Hard to know what it what. I guess I'll just wait for a video saying "We need to save this girl *flash picture*"
Mireille
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chicagowriter wrote:
I hope they pick the best actor too! This would be none of the girls they have shown us so far. They all suck! I think the reason they annoy me (and many other people) so much is they are Bree 2, but with no acting skills. We already have seen Bree's story I have no interest in seeing it again with a more annoying girl.

Thank you! That's my big issue with the new girls too worded very well.

They're all very similar and one dimensional with their singular passions that makes up their whole personalities. Soccer, horses, languages...

Bree talked a lot about science in the beginning, but she had much more to her than that.

I assume one can grow up lonely, bored, and generally different from other kids and not be exactly like Bree (but to a less palatable degree)

Jules, call me. I'll teach you to say "My name is..." in French with my patented, minimally violent tutorials.
Kasdeja
Hymn of One

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At this point I'll settle for someone who doesn't give me homicidal thoughts, lol....UNLESS...the point IS to lead her astray so we can see what this ceremony is about. Twisted Evil

chicagowriter
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well thank you.
I find out about LG15 after it came out that she was a fake. It's the reason I went to watch. But there was something about the story that made me keep watching it.
None of these girls have it. In fact I have a hard time getting through them.
By the way I really like the image you have up very pretty!

Mireille wrote:
chicagowriter wrote:

Thank you! That's my big issue with the new girls too worded very well.

They're all very similar and one dimensional with their singular passions that makes up their whole personalities. Soccer, horses, languages...

Bree talked a lot about science in the beginning, but she had much more to her than that.

I assume one can grow up lonely, bored, and generally different from other kids and not be exactly like Bree (but to a less palatable degree)
chicagowriter
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh no don't settle!!!
I know you were kidding but really this is such a unique way to use media let's do some good story telling too.
I think the creators have done a pretty good job so far. Sure there are some holes in the plot that make me go ummm? But they have what two writers on the whole thing? most TV shows have a team!
Story wise I'm all for them finally doing the ceremony I'm even in favor of that resulting in the new girls death. However to have the greatest impact we need to like that character.
Look at Lost
SPOILER ALERT
When Ana Lucia died I really didn't care
When Eko died I was in tears
Even though I was sad to see a beloved cool character go it was far more dramatic then Ana Lucia which is why I think they killed off Libby in the same (well almost the same) episode. That and drunk driving.

Kasdeja wrote:
At this point I'll settle for someone who doesn't give me homicidal thoughts, lol....UNLESS...the point IS to lead her astray so we can see what this ceremony is about. Twisted Evil
chicagowriter
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I found the new gi...errr person for the ceremony.
Coolgeek007 look at the fan videos.
Haha I know he's not but I didn't want to kill him or myself which is a step in the right direction.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Julia aka Callmejules24 All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

Jump to: