Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Participation of the Actors
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Concerns and Complaints
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mincartaugh
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 12:19 am    Post subject: Participation of the Actors Reply with quote

I've noticed a real imbalance in the participation of the actors in this forum. The Bree Chat is frequented very well by the actress who plays her (105 posts); the Creators answer a reasonable number of questions and participate more than expected(155 posts); Yousef, while reticent, has logged in a few times as DanielBeast (29 times); but Jackson has yet to post a single comment to the forum! I am outraged! (Well, probably not outraged as much as bummed)

Is this a character ploy? flaw? Is he illiterate?

Is not the purpose of the various chats to allow dialog with the characters? Can anything be done about this?
longlostposter
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yousef (if indeed it really is Yousef posting as DB) has been on vacation with his family for the last week. That is why he hasn't posted (if it is indeed him).

Outraged is ridiculous, mincar.

I do wish Jonas would post, but I think it's great that we are having more character interaction. There used to be none at all. I'm going to message Jackson on myspace, and ask him why Jonas doesn't post on the forums. I have a sneaking suspicion that the answer will be because everyone will flood him with questions about his sexuality.
Shout outs to my beautiful daughter badkittyx1505, Aithne, and Lurker.
Sami
P. Monkey's Agent

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 3:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really don't think it's the actors who do the posting.
But more participation by the characters would be nice.
silvermoon

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 6:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sami wrote:

It was stated somewhere that one of the Creator's wife was the one who posted for Bree on youtube when the series started.

I assume Sami is correct, and that the actors have nothing to do with the character interaction on the forum.

That said, I do wish that they'd increase the character interaction on the forum (or get rid of that section, it's just more of the same for the most part).
Libra
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 6:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

silvermoon wrote:
Sami wrote:

It was stated somewhere that one of the Creator's wife was the one who posted for Bree on youtube when the series started.

I assume Sami is correct, and that the actors have nothing to do with the character interaction on the forum.

That said, I do wish that they'd increase the character interaction on the forum (or get rid of that section, it's just more of the same for the most part).

I'm not sure why Jonas doesn't post here, but if you think about the story then it makes sense why only Bree is posting. Daniel is drunk or asleep most of the time. They make sure to clearly point that out in the latest video. So of course he isn't posting on the forum!

As for real life, the creators stated that they are working on hiring more people so that the series can become more interactive. It'll happen, it just takes time.

I think people forget that they are only a few people and they are seriously doing everything (writing, directing, editing, filming, radio show, spin offs, finding sponsors, etc etc.).
Flautapantera

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Libra wrote:
I think people forget that they are only a few people and they are seriously doing everything (writing, directing, editing, filming, radio show, spin offs, finding sponsors, etc etc.).

Yep. It's been stated before in odd places that Amanda (Greg Goodfried's wife) has been one of (if not the) main character writer for Bree and Daniel in the In-Character sections. The Creators are hoping to expand these sections by way of using them to their advantage of fan interactivity, as displayed in the latest LG15 vid.

I'm not sure why Jonas hasn't posted yet. I sincerely hope he starts soon! Smile

You know that moment where you just want to grab a pair of scissors and run away with them?
Kasdeja
Hymn of One

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sometimes she posts in Off the Cuff, too! Surprised

You cannot make another post so soon after your last; please try again in a short while.
Bagged, tagged, sold to the butcher at the store.
trainer101
Moderator Manager

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whether the actors are posting or not isn't really relevant (after all, you can talk to them via myspace - they are pretty good about responding). The main point is that the 'characters' are using the forum more. Wink

As for the lack of posts by Jonas, Bree posted a short explanation HERE.
silvermoon

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kasdeja wrote:
Sometimes she posts in Off the Cuff, too! Surprised

Really? That's cool! I almost never go there, except for the odd lurkery visit.
Kasdeja
Hymn of One

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well...once, anyway, haha! I was just like... Shocked

You cannot make another post so soon after your last; please try again in a short while.
Bagged, tagged, sold to the butcher at the store.
mincartaugh
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

longlostposter wrote:

... I have a sneaking suspicion that the answer will be because everyone will flood him with questions about his sexuality.

Outraged was meant to be ridiculous, Juli. Nobody ever gets my jokes.

Questions about his sexuality would be answered by one post from him and about 30 referrals to the original post from us.

I'm much more interested in the lurking uneasiness I feel when I think about how many times he has been the one to give away their position; and that he never did answer Daniel and Bree about his loyalties when he was tied up; and that both times Alex looked to be warming toward the TAAG he was the one who shut her up and got them away from her.

I've been known to see shadows where there are none, but "must give us pause..."
rupaZer0
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mincartaugh wrote:
longlostposter wrote:

... I have a sneaking suspicion that the answer will be because everyone will flood him with questions about his sexuality.

Outraged was meant to be ridiculous, Juli. Nobody ever gets my jokes.

Questions about his sexuality would be answered by one post from him and about 30 referrals to the original post from us.

I'm much more interested in the lurking uneasiness I feel when I think about how many times he has been the one to give away their position; and that he never did answer Daniel and Bree about his loyalties when he was tied up; and that both times Alex looked to be warming toward the TAAG he was the one who shut her up and got them away from her.

I've been known to see shadows where there are none, but "must give us pause..."

Aw, honey! I got the joke.

I trust Jonas to the extent that even if he isn't quite kosher, I don't think he's poisonous either. Even if he has given away their location a few times, he's never done anything that would make Bree more likely to do the ceremony. He even allowed Bree and Daniel the space to have a romantic evening when we all thought she was going to break the ol' purity bond.

I liked Bree's explanation for his lack of posts in that I can imagine that he's kind of sensitive and introverted and prefers one-to-one interaction to text interaction with strangers.
Susan
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you, rupa, but I think my brother has left the forum for good. He got into a fight with another poster and now the idiot is sulking and only watches the videos.

Oh... He also still works on the religion aspect of the show, but he won't post.
longlostposter
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm.
Shout outs to my beautiful daughter badkittyx1505, Aithne, and Lurker.
garnet
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's possible that Jonas doesn't post because the character couldn't be honest if he did. . . . but if he's lying to Bree and Daniel, I don't see why he wouldn't just lie to the forum too.

It's also possible that whomever it is who writes Jonas simply doesn't feel like coming on here -- as Bree said, people can be kind of harsh. If I were a writer or an actor for this series, I would feel very vulnerable making a post.

I have to admit that the responses are fun to get, and a few from Jonas would be a welcome addition, though.

It seems that Yousef may have done some in-character chats and possibly some posts too. I think that's very gutsy of him.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Concerns and Complaints All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: