Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

NO JULES!!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Julia aka Callmejules24
View previous topic :: View next topic  
silvermoon

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I understand your point, I really do. But I think you'd get a lot more support for it if you made it without trying to make everyone else feel bad for other posts they've made on the forum. Simply stating your concerns might work better than going on the attack.

I would like to make the point, though, that we don't know, for sure, how old this girl is in real life. She could be much older than she looks/acts. I know on Jules' myspace, she has pictures of herself that look a lot older than she looks in the video. That doesn't prove anything, of course, but until we know the facts, I don't think we can condemn the Creators.

As of now, "Jules" is safe and sound at home with her parents. We don't know that she'll even have any direct contact with any of the TAAG. Perhaps they will deter the Order from going after this girl somehow. Maybe Bree will choose to do the ceremony so that the girl won't have to. We just don't have the info to make assumptions right now.

I'm sure the Creators have someone looking after the legal issues. And I'm sure they are looking after their moral ones.

Edit to fix spelling errors
lord_lunaris
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You guys, Jules sucks WAY too bad to be legit. It's very obvious that she's either an atrocious fake, or she's a gimmick hired by the Order to trick Bree into going after her.

And if she's real...well...somewhere in time, there's the sound of Jonas on water-skis jumping over a shark...
Spades
Owen's Helper

Location: Cassie is watching, and so is everyone else, she's not that special.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

how funny would it be if she really was just a girl in real life making videos, and she looks at her myspace and there is a whole lot of people screaming about some Order, some asking her weird questions, and some asking her to stay away from some show.

Anyway, Bree doesn't know about her yet. For all we know, they could be watching Jules when the order is after some one on the other side of the globe.
onsweetavenue
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

my problem is, that although this project has never broke ground with any amazing actors, everyone has been adequate. This girl is subpar and she doesn't meet the challenge. Honestly, I don't think Jessica Rose is a WONDERFUL awesome actress, she has the talent to make this fun to watch.

Jules doesn't have it. And it's not an intent to hurt her feelings because with lessons she might learn, but this isn't about teaching someone to act. This is a show we all watch, I think we deserve more.

Not to mention the fact that there are real talented actresses trying to break into the business that would have been a better fit, and I can't help thinking of them.
angelik_pistol
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok i have not reacted badly when they've brought anyone in to the storyline, jonas, gemma, alex, i was fine with them all, and i dont have anything against a new character i just feel this girl needs to work on her acting a bit before taking on something like this. i just dont think shes ready right now to be acting, and im not trying to be negative but i mean the goal in vids is to have them somewhat good so its kind of iffy so we might think theyre just an obsessed fan, but her acting is... well its so horrible it had to be the creators cause any obesessed fan would put in way more effort than she did in that, and if she was real, well she wouldnt talk like that either!! thats just my opinion tho
Susan
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

onsweetavenue wrote:
Not to mention the fact that there are real talented actresses trying to break into the business that would have been a better fit, and I can't help thinking of them.
Oh, my! That's a very good point!
garnet
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 7:22 am    Post subject: In defense of the actress playing Jules Reply with quote

In defense of actress playing Jules . . . and first of all, let me say that I think she is an actress. As others have already pointed out, I believe the creators to be professional, responsible people who would not cast this kind of overwhelming attention on someone who was not already associated with the project.

Now, I don't think these two performances have been stellar, and I've really held back from commenting on them. As someone with a background in acting and directing (albeit ammeter), I think that over-analysis of a performance is a bit unhealthy and it's impossible to please all of the people all of the time.

Of course, if this girl is really as young as she looks, I doubt she's checking these message boards at all. Hopefully, someone is offering her an interpretation of our feedback which is considerably toned down and focused on the constructive comments. I would imagine most of the actors limit their own access to the boards because it just isn't healthy to obsess over these things.

That having been said, there are several factors to be considered here:

1. no other actor has been in the position of being compared so directly to Bree / Jessica Rose; this plot line begs for comparison, which is dangerous because no one's going to like an imitation as well as the original. if this character is to be continued, the writers need to find a way to make her into her own person -- and make that character likeable in an original way

2. working with other actors is very different from playing directly to a camera. there is a different challenge involved entirely -- my guess is that the c's -- and especially those directing -- really focused on this when working on Bree's character, and may not have spent as much time addressing these challenges with the new girl. someone who appears to be very talented in other venues could have some trouble executing this particular style of acting without proper coaching

3. we have no idea what kind of audition process was involved or what kind of schedule is involved, or what kind of payment is involved. though I don't know how old this girl is, she certainly appears to be under 18, so I am sure that her parents had to agree to a lot in order for her even to take on the project. we don't know who was turned down for this role or who may have turned the role down.

I am very interested to find out who she is and how old she really is. Once that information comes out, there may be a bit more to say on this subject.
pimp monkette
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eh, if she gets better at her acting I think I can live with watching her.

But right now, it's almost painful to watch, both as a LG15 fan and a fellow actress. (not that I'm trying for the "new girl" role or anything)

I mean, all the regular characters started out with great acting skills and got better. If Jules can keep going and learn to act a bit decently I think I'll be fine.

But... she'd better start learning quick.
Lurker

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 12:00 pm    Post subject: Re: In defense of the actress playing Jules Reply with quote

garnet wrote:
In defense of actress playing Jules . . . and first of all, let me say that I think she is an actress. As others have already pointed out, I believe the creators to be professional, responsible people who would not cast this kind of overwhelming attention on someone who was not already associated with the project.

Now, I don't think these two performances have been stellar, and I've really held back from commenting on them. As someone with a background in acting and directing (albeit ammeter), I think that over-analysis of a performance is a bit unhealthy and it's impossible to please all of the people all of the time.

Of course, if this girl is really as young as she looks, I doubt she's checking these message boards at all. Hopefully, someone is offering her an interpretation of our feedback which is considerably toned down and focused on the constructive comments. I would imagine most of the actors limit their own access to the boards because it just isn't healthy to obsess over these things.

That having been said, there are several factors to be considered here:

1. no other actor has been in the position of being compared so directly to Bree / Jessica Rose; this plot line begs for comparison, which is dangerous because no one's going to like an imitation as well as the original. if this character is to be continued, the writers need to find a way to make her into her own person -- and make that character likeable in an original way

2. working with other actors is very different from playing directly to a camera. there is a different challenge involved entirely -- my guess is that the c's -- and especially those directing -- really focused on this when working on Bree's character, and may not have spent as much time addressing these challenges with the new girl. someone who appears to be very talented in other venues could have some trouble executing this particular style of acting without proper coaching

3. we have no idea what kind of audition process was involved or what kind of schedule is involved, or what kind of payment is involved. though I don't know how old this girl is, she certainly appears to be under 18, so I am sure that her parents had to agree to a lot in order for her even to take on the project. we don't know who was turned down for this role or who may have turned the role down.

I am very interested to find out who she is and how old she really is. Once that information comes out, there may be a bit more to say on this subject.

Very well said, garnet. I've mentioned that first point a few times, but all three of them really needed to be made, and made together. Hell, that should be a sticky.
onsweetavenue
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 12:55 pm    Post subject: Re: In defense of the actress playing Jules Reply with quote

I don't really think her age has much to do with her acting talent, or to excuse her acting talent. My cousin is 12, and she is far from a serious actress or even someone who is interested in acting, but her goofy videos seem a bit more "real" than jules, and she does the scripts and all too for them.

I think a lot of the other people who are playing "the new girl" have little to no acting experience and are doing a fine job. As has been said before, I think she doesn't really have the experience for a in camera monologue. That's a lot harder than playing off of other characters, but I doubt casting didn't take that into consideration since it's such a large part of this. If they didn't, then that would be a huge mistake on their part.

There's also the fact that a lot of casting people are so meticulous that they will delay production because they haven't found someone "perfect". I know lonelygirl isn't going to do that, but I'm saying it's not an excuse that no one better showed up at the audition, because they could have expanded the search, advertised a little more, or whatever. And again, that's not putting down Jules, it's just saying she's not ready for this yet.

I also don't think she should be sheltered from criticism because of her age, either. If she is indeed an actress, she is used to criticism even at a young age. I remember when I was in middle school they told my friend that she would not get a part because her eyes were too "cartoonish". She laughed it right off and was like "well, thats not something I can work on, is it?" No one is criticizing her looks or saying she's beyond hope, but that she just doesn't have the skills necessary at this point.

What crossed my mind in the casting of Jules was her "look". Very similar to bree. She's very thin, has long arms/legs and long hair you know? And of course very young and innocent looking. I did kind of consider that maybe she looked the part so much that they overlooked her struggles with acting. Or thought she would be okay through a "learn as you go" process.

But then my other theory is that she is bad on purpose and then something will happen, the videos will stop being scripted and she will talk to the camera frankly and honestly. Like she always scripts her videos because she's meticulous and anal about it, and then suddenly stops doing that because something starts bothering her and she needs someone to talk to. I don't know, something along those lines. Which would be a big prank on all of us and would actually show that Jules was a really GOOD actress. Wink
tweeface
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I kind of want to punch her face, especially when she puts her mouth all close to the camera.
mousegirl
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I find her very cute
but she is not the greatest of actresses
I think they could have done better, that is for sure.
I would like to see what happens, but she isn't that great.
The way she speaks is a little annoying.

Taylor is Love; Sarah is Love; Spencer is Love
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
HyeMew

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All I have to say is if the plan really is to replace Bree with Jules- as Jessica goes on to bigger and better things- then it's a true shame for the series and legacy of LG15. That is all.
cbizzle44
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i am not at all fond of this girl
that is the truth
i will be sad if she is officially canon

oh, it's what you do to me

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=clarazzle44- in a youtubian world
garnet
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 5:11 pm    Post subject: In defense of my defense Reply with quote

onsweetavenue wrote:

I also don't think she should be sheltered from criticism because of her age, either. If she is indeed an actress, she is used to criticism even at a young age. I remember when I was in middle school they told my friend that she would not get a part because her eyes were too "cartoonish". She laughed it right off and was like "well, thats not something I can work on, is it?" No one is criticizing her looks or saying she's beyond hope, but that she just doesn't have the skills necessary at this point.

I stand by my point that checking message boards every day to find out what 1000s of ppl. think of you might not be healthy. This is sort of a free-for-all. Being a professional doesn't automatically mean you're equiped to process mass criticism. Different people deal with it differently, though, and that should be respected.

onsweetavenue wrote:

What crossed my mind in the casting of Jules was her "look". Very similar to bree. She's very thin, has long arms/legs and long hair you know? And of course very young and innocent looking. I did kind of consider that maybe she looked the part so much that they overlooked her struggles with acting. Or thought she would be okay through a "learn as you go" process.

Yes, this could be a case of casting based on physical type, though it's hard to say for sure what they were looking for.

I do wonder if the physical type is related to the ceremony. It seems this girl is supposed to be younger, which makes me think that being a particular age isn't important.

HyeMew wrote:

All I have to say is if the plan really is to replace Bree with Jules- as Jessica goes on to bigger and better things- then it's a true shame for the series and legacy of LG15. That is all.

Oh gawd, that would be a horrible idea! If Jessica leaves, the series should end.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Julia aka Callmejules24 All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: