Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Off Topic Chatter
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Maddison Atkins: Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bethy
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
A public chatroom is public. But don't you dare say that people don't have a right to ask for stuff to be edited out. People don't always think before speaking and likewise, people don't always think before typing.

You want chat transcripts posted when there's not really any progress or activity made? Fine.

I never said that.

Posting full chat transcripts is ridiculous and a waste of resources. Editing them is necessary...however...some people edit out too much and leave stuff out that they feel "isn't relevant".

Well, I HAVE been in chat and seen things happen that WERE relevant, or even ignored by other chat users...and that information never made it to the forums. In fact, I've seen people ignored that offered good information...only to have that be the solution later on.

Again, I never said I didn't appreciate the logs. So I don't know where anyone gets off saying that. All I said was that IF you're going to post them...which is a TOTAL change from what used to be...then post them, and people better not bitch and moan about their privacy being violated or what not.

Besides, I don't think before I speak a LOT...but I don't have the oppotunity to take it back. Once it's out there...it's out there.

There just seems to be an attitude of people here that chats are somehow protected more than the forums are. They aren't. And up until a few days ago, chat logs were not allowed at all because of that.

And now it's okay as long as somebody posts a disclaimer about it?

It's silly if you ask me. It was silly then, and it's silly now.
Esteed
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bethy wrote:
Quote:
A public chatroom is public. But don't you dare say that people don't have a right to ask for stuff to be edited out. People don't always think before speaking and likewise, people don't always think before typing.

You want chat transcripts posted when there's not really any progress or activity made? Fine.

I never said that.

Posting full chat transcripts is ridiculous and a waste of resources. Editing them is necessary...however...some people edit out too much and leave stuff out that they feel "isn't relevant".

Well, I HAVE been in chat and seen things happen that WERE relevant, or even ignored by other chat users...and that information never made it to the forums. In fact, I've seen people ignored that offered good information...only to have that be the solution later on.

Again, I never said I didn't appreciate the logs. So I don't know where anyone gets off saying that. All I said was that IF you're going to post them...which is a TOTAL change from what used to be...then post them, and people better not bitch and moan about their privacy being violated or what not.

Besides, I don't think before I speak a LOT...but I don't have the oppotunity to take it back. Once it's out there...it's out there.

There just seems to be an attitude of people here that chats are somehow protected more than the forums are. They aren't. And up until a few days ago, chat logs were not allowed at all because of that.

And now it's okay as long as somebody posts a disclaimer about it?

It's silly if you ask me. It was silly then, and it's silly now.

Good for you. You have an opinion. I have one that disagrees. And now we've reached an impasse and neither of us needs to continue voicing the opinion. Unless beating dead horses is of particular interest to you.

Here's a question, Bethy. If you've been in chat, why haven't you volunteered to help with the transcripts you think are so utterly important?
trainer101
Moderator Manager

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just don't have the time nor the inclination to play referee. This thread is locked.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Maddison Atkins: Archive All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: