Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

[DROP PREP] - The Hurricane - Kansas City 4/19/07
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Maddison Atkins: Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
trainer101
Moderator Manager

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It would be better to get there at opening time - 5PM tomorrow. (happy hour)
A disposable camera would work fine. Take it to CVS and have them put the pics on CD. It costs about 3 bucks.
chevalier
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 9:21 pm    Post subject: drop Reply with quote

Flauta,

I'm in St. Louis. I'd consider making the drive across the state this weekend (that's a whole day gone!) including bringing a videocamera, if I was certain that's were the drop is.

I would absolutely love to believe the Creators and PMs are making midwest drops, but who would they have in KC to do it for them? Some random forum lurker (like me, who joined before Bree was "outed")? I don't think Mesh is springing for LAX-->KCI tickets just to make a drop.

Chev.

PS Westport is not that dangerous; unless you're inordinately afraid of drunk frat boys.
kellylen
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As an employee of CVS i fully support trainers idea
blugh
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

marlasinger wrote:
Posted here again for good measure:

Let's be serious here for a moment. No one takes the time to create a fucking puzzle so hard that we can't figure it out - WE can't figure it out - in a day - and has it decode to a drop in a location that an ARG player has not been confirmed to be living in.

Do you know what I mean? There's something wrong here - these guys have created a seriously awesome ARG and taken the time to do this...but didn't confirm the most important part: there is someone IN KC to get the fucking drop!?

something's up. And Flaunta, don't put yourself in a situation that is sketchy - if you're not comfortable picking up the drop at night, DON'T DO IT!!! Let's be reasonable, if it's in a sketchy part of town, we're truly in the end dealing with people WE DON'T KNOW. We don't KNOW if it's safe, even if they intend for it to be so. These are regular people, making an ARG. Shit can happen - I'm not suggesting it will, but it can.

I know what it's like to be in finals right now, and it's not fair to ask Flaunta to go get a package in an area she's not comfortable in, at night, during exams.

If this is the right location, then it is irresponsible of the PMs to choose a location that doesn't have at least 2 or 3 confirmed ARG players willing to pick up the package. I'm disappointed in this case.

I agree.. its just not right.. too random.. and there was no definate way we came to this place.. it was alot of guess work
kellylen
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

trust me flauta I know what finals are like.

Being a student who studies medicine, exams are like so hectic and important to me. If you can't do that it's fine. I'm sure we can call a few people and do it. We are a large community. we have to know someone there Smile

also if you dont feel safe then dont go.
lonelyelendi
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

marlasinger wrote:

Let's be serious here for a moment. No one takes the time to create a fucking puzzle so hard that we can't figure it out - WE can't figure it out - in a day - and has it decode to a drop in a location that an ARG player has not been confirmed to be living in.

Do you know what I mean? There's something wrong here - these guys have created a seriously awesome ARG and taken the time to do this...but didn't confirm the most important part: there is someone IN KC to get the fucking drop!?

something's up. And Flaunta, don't put yourself in a situation that is sketchy - if you're not comfortable picking up the drop at night, DON'T DO IT!!! Let's be reasonable, if it's in a sketchy part of town, we're truly in the end dealing with people WE DON'T KNOW. We don't KNOW if it's safe, even if they intend for it to be so. These are regular people, making an ARG. Shit can happen - I'm not suggesting it will, but it can.

I know what it's like to be in finals right now, and it's not fair to ask Flaunta to go get a package in an area she's not comfortable in, at night, during exams.

If this is the right location, then it is irresponsible of the PMs to choose a location that doesn't have at least 2 or 3 confirmed ARG players willing to pick up the package. I'm disappointed in this case.

Once again I agree with Marla (and only partly because she is hot. JK <3 Marla)
<marlasinger> i'll rape you!
<marlasinger> i mean
<marlasinger> damnit marla be smooth
chevalier
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, and I forgot to say--finals are more important than LG15. I know, I know, heresy.
Flautapantera

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm very torn here. Sad I honestly would love to help - you have no idea! And for there to finally be a drop of some kind in KC...wow. I just don't feel I can fully commit to this for a few reasons: 1) I haven't been following the Maddison Atkins ARG very closely, I admit - that isn't a very credible reason, but bear with me; 2) I can't fathom having extra time over the next few nights with study groups and finals planned - especially to go to a club; 3) And yes, I do find Westport shady. Though that could easily be remedied with a few drop companions.

So I guess what I'm saying, is I'll be unavailable. I feel terrible kicking you all to the curb like this - but if it had been any other week than this next week and a half, we'd be in good shape! I really don't have time.

I'm so so sorry for letting you all down. Thanks to the few of you who understand.

You know that moment where you just want to grab a pair of scissors and run away with them?
kellylen
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

no its ok flauta. like i said. we'll make some phone calls and I'm sure we can find someone
chevalier
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flauta P,

it really is ok! Studies are more important, and you shoul never go anywhere you feel sketchy about.

If anyone does go to the hurricane, keep in mind it gets very very busy at night...if we assume the drop is on the exterior, you might go during the day to avoid muggles...

I'll make some calls to some resistance operatives in KC and see who's free.

Good luck on 'zams!
surrealisticpill
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

no worries, FP. school comes first! there's someone on the map named Rachael who looks like she is close to kansas city. anyone know who rachael is?

http://attendr.com/maddison
Dejajeva
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love how you just called them muggles.
ShardinsKitten
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lonelyelendi wrote:
marlasinger wrote:

Once again I agree with Marla (and only partly because she is hot. JK <3 Marla)

Really we had a drop for facility j that had no confirmed player in the area. I had to get my boyfriend to go get it. Though it was a princeton not a shady spot.

I do agree if you at all don't feel comfortable going DON"T go. In the end this is a game, I'm sure the PMs check here and see what is going on, if it is important, they will find a way to get the drop in a better spot for it to be picked up.

I think before we send anyone out there we need to get the location and a time of the drop confirmed. And I agree flauta if you do decide to go, just taking a bunch of pics will be good enough. Finals are much more important then a game. Do what you gotta do.

and I strongly suggest getting confirmation for this before going any farther with it.
Aja
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No worries FP - I think we all understand.

The one part of the solution that I'm still struggling with is the "no post no bills" part - what does that mean in terms of the drop? Any ideas?
trainer101
Moderator Manager

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aja wrote:
No worries FP - I think we all understand.

The one part of the solution that I'm still struggling with is the "no post no bills" part - what does that mean in terms of the drop? Any ideas?

Most Rock venues have sign posted on the outside walls or in the windows which read "Post No Bills". The idea is to prevent other clubs, venues or bands from posting their concert announcements on the venue. A "Bill" is an 18x24 concert poster used for advertising. You see them all over the place in college towns or places where there are a number of venues together like NYC or LA.

I believe that the Hurricane has a sign like that in it's front window.

Why it says "No Post No Bills" I do not know - either a typo or some type of clue.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Maddison Atkins: Archive All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 2 of 11

Jump to: