Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Jnineteen (Jay 19) MySpace
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Facility J: Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lg15panda
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

deagol you are too quick! I was just about to post that I figured out the key when I saw your post. Man you rock!
TOSG
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

deagol wrote:
Quote:
Welcome to my space. I suppose it is necessary I introduce myself before we can move forward to complete our task. You may call me Jay. I was an intern and eventually a researcher with Walter at the facility. I know as much if not more about the project than he. I’ve known of Walter’s hair brained scheme to dispose of the vials since its inception. From the onset, he wanted me involved, but I did my best to distance myself. I understood the critical nature of his mission, but I also understood the risks, and choose to have no part of it. However now, by virtue of my association with him, I am involved. I am not happy about this, but like you, I have no choice. Make no mistake. Walter knows best. I am here to see the work he has begun with you through to its conclusion. I will soon be in need of your assistance. You will know when it is time.

I started getting the first word, got 'Wmecome' through frequency analysis, fixed it and extended it to 'Welcome to my space.' The key for that bit was 'Eokxrma nt gw xvgrr.' A quick look at the previous solve got me the whole key: eokxrmantgwxvgrrcqfgtbya.

Wow, nice work. I didn't try cracking for keys with nearly so many letters. How would you get that without frequency analysis, though?
deagol
Thor's Hammer

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's 3 pics, greek style, one with the OpAphid symbol as a stool Laughing and the HoO symbol... hang on I'll cap them in a second.
deagol
Thor's Hammer

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TOSG wrote:
Wow, nice work. I didn't try cracking for keys with nearly so many letters. How would you get that without frequency analysis, though?

I didn't try with that many letters at first, but when I reached a key length of 12 (half the actual key size), the frecuencies started to show the expected patterns, although a bit off (that's why I got Wmecome at first). The whole key was part of the previous ijoopy puzzle, the intermediate step before the second iteration. So I guess eventually someone would've tried that, as it seems lg15panda did.

Last edited by deagol on Mon May 14, 2007 10:49 am; edited 1 time in total
deagol
Thor's Hammer

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Filia Scientis

Pythias

Delphic Tripod

Uh, I just realized all this should've gone on the "Jnineteen (Jay 19) MySpace" thread. I think I'll wait for Trainer or another mod to move these posts there, and if it doesn't happen then I'll post redundantly... I suppose everything from here on?
lg15panda
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Filia scientis = "daughter of the science"?
Pythias = priestess of Apollo (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pythia)
Delphic Tripod = altar where the priestess sits to deliver the oracles of a god (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sacrificial_tripod)

So Jay is making the allusion that the OpA symbol is that of the Delphic Tripod?

I kind of like how Jay is trying to tie in the chemistry aspect of FacilityJ in with the OpAphid kind of stuff. All of this stuff with the symbol having aspects of Apollo, who was the "archer-god of medicine and healing, light, truth, archery and also a bringer of death-dealing plague." (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apollo)

He may be a gamejacker, but this guy is definitely trying to tie the FacilityJ stuff up in a nice pretty bow!

Now if he could only come up with a decent video...
ignatzmouse
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent!

OOG, I like the idea of the gamejack introducing a new character, hopefully this means that if Walter ever returns, there won't be too much divergence between the two games.
TOSG
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

deagol wrote:
TOSG wrote:

I didn't try with that many letters at first, but when I reached a key length of 12 (half the actual key size), the frecuencies started to show the expected patterns, although a bit off (that's why I got Wmecome at first). The whole key was part of the previous ijoopy puzzle, the intermediate step before the second iteration. So I guess eventually someone would've tried that, as it seems lg15panda did.

Oh! *Smacks Head* How parsimonious. And I thought that I was on the right track with that alchemy stuff...

Also, very interesting pics. Jay is growing on me.
ShardinsKitten
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

heh all I knew when I looked at it was "star" had to be important, for absolutely no reason other then it stuck out to me.

Deagol thanks for answering my questions and not thinking they were stupid, I see what you were getting at now.

Great work ALL of you!

and I agree, trainer, or someone could you move all the myspace stuff into the myspace thread?
trainer101
Moderator Manager

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Split and Merged (smerged?)
Great job on the puzzle! Applause
deagol
Thor's Hammer

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Trainer! Awesome splerge!
RedRevolver
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haha. Well done.

*who is we?*

Uhm...me...and...my other personalities?...=|...
ShardinsKitten
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yay for splerges!! thanks trainer!
deagol
Thor's Hammer

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Daughter of Science... although I think "cognizant daughter" would be the accurate translation, which of course is a good description of the seer Pythia.

Now, looks like this priestess had very special qualities. Bree? Ceremony-girls? And there's quite a lot of research about the reported and theorized risks to her life, a strong indication of drug induced hallucinations (ethylene).

Ok, so Op is the sacrificial tripod, oooh scary... but, ceremony-girl sits on top of Op, haha, makes me think of a toilet lol; HoO is the Mirror-of-Galadriel-like little plate with the tea-leaves-reading hocus pocus, (indeed a possible "front" or cover for what's really going on, HoO being responsible for ritualizing, mythicizing, and theologizing a mere psyche-trip). I would place Crowley and Thelema in the same category. They still may need something really special about the candidate girls. It all seems like a nice tie-in of a lot of the LG loose ends.

But I still don't see the specific way in which FacilityJ and genetics are related. Why is Jay explaining away LG's plot holes? I hope he can eventually relate all this greek stuff with the vials, the J19, the vector, the cure, Walter and TJ's disappearance, etc.

More loose ends: what's with the alchemy stuff, the Athanor and The Work? I know that a lot of the techniques in chemistry came from alchemy, and some of the more out-there ideas have been applied in modern psychology, but to me most of that is an impenetrable mangle of "front-like," HoO-pushed cover-up material on top of some ideas that might involve real "inconvenient tuths", or even practical knowledge.

The other missing link, how is SIRS relevant to all this? Being the only public item in his myspace, I would expect it to have some relation to the Pythia/Alchemy subjects.
RedRevolver
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Who I'd like to meet:
Those who understand that man is at once the Prime Matter and the Athanor of The Work"

Prime Matter

"Prime matter constituting a formless substratum of all things, which exists only potentially and from which reality is produced."

The Work (otherwise known as The Great Work)

"The Great Work (Latin: Magnum opus), is a term which originated in medieval European alchemy which refers to the successful completion of the transmutation of base matter into gold or the creation of the philosopher's stone. It has subsequently been used as a metaphor for spiritual transformation in the Hermetic tradition and in Thelema."

The Athanor.

"In alchemy, an athanor is a furnace used to provide heat for alchemical digestion. An athanor is a self-feeding furnace, designed to maintain a uniform temperature."

So, by what he is saying, I'm thinking he means "We [man] are only so useful in the work of something much bigger".

But I'm not sure.

Any thoughts?

*who is we?*

Uhm...me...and...my other personalities?...=|...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Facility J: Archive All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: