Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Spam

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Site/Forum Announcements
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Broken Kid
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 6:11 am    Post subject: Spam Reply with quote

Just a reminder: If you find spam, please post a link to it in the Canned Spam section. There's no need to start a new topic, however, if someone else already posted about it. All we need is one link, and then we can view all posts by that user and delete them. You're welcome to PM me or a mod, but a link in the Spam section will do just as well. It's the first thing I check in the day (and I and other mods look there regularly).

Also, PLEASE do not reply to spam or quote spam in a reply. That just means that instead of one post to delete, we have to delete multiple posts. Just takes longer. Thanks!
wintermute
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Related to spam, I've seen a lot of accounts created lately that have more-or-less disposable email addresses associated with them. When I see these accounts, if there are no posts, or very generic comments, I'll kill the account because they could, potentially, be spammers testing the waters before blasting 50 posts before I discover them. So, if you legitimately create an account you use for PMs or for use later, you may want to introduce yourself in the appropriate part of the forums, just to prevent accidental account deletion Wink

'vote 'mute in '16!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Site/Forum Announcements All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: