Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

YO
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
CasualTheObserver
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

longlostposter wrote:
Haz-Matt wrote:
Hey Jonas, I posted this in DBs section, but you were asking for any ideas, so I thought I'd post it here too. It sounds like you are experiencing something called state-dependent recall.

Basically you are more likely to be able to recall something you experienced while in a certain state of mind, when you are in that state of mind again.

This works for alcohol, emotions, drugs... Even drugs like caffiene.

So Sodium Diapenethol is probably dangerous... But if you guys are REALLY serious about getting your memories of that time back... You may want to try and get your hands on some...

Just a thought.
Shocked

This has already been suggested in the "Plot Discussions" forum and quoted here. I doubt it's dangerous but it is not legal.
Susan
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CasualTheObserver wrote:
longlostposter wrote:
Haz-Matt wrote:

So Sodium Diapenethol is probably dangerous... But if you guys are REALLY serious about getting your memories of that time back... You may want to try and get your hands on some...
Just a thought.
Shocked
This has already been suggested in the "Plot Discussions" forum and quoted here. I doubt it's dangerous but it is not legal.
It is, in fact, extremely dangerous. This particular drug can cause severe nerve damage if not administered properly.
rupaZer0
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Susan wrote:
CasualTheObserver wrote:
longlostposter wrote:
Haz-Matt wrote:

Just a thought.
Shocked
It is, in fact, extremely dangerous. This particular drug can cause severe nerve damage if not administered properly.

Thanks, Susan. Someone had to say something sensible quickly. Messing around with drugs is never a good idea. Besides which, I know stupid potheads who reckoned if they were stoned when they revised for their exams and also stoned in their exams, they'd remember everything thanks to state-dependent recall. It didn't work. Obviously. Oh, and I know of other people who look amphetamines in their exams thinking that feeling confident would help them succeed. All that happened was they became delusional - they wrote nothing more than their name, and then sat there for the rest of the exam, like, 'Yeah, I aced that test!'

Basically, drugs don't offer a shortcut to life's problems. DanielBeast and Jonas can do this by their own efforts, I'm sure of it.
longlostposter
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The whole idea of state-dependent recall sounds ludicrous to me.
Shout outs to my beautiful daughter badkittyx1505, Aithne, and Lurker.
Lurker

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

longlostposter wrote:
The whole idea of state-dependent recall sounds ludicrous to me.

Seriously.

If the hypnosis doesn't do it, then oh fucking well. It may not even be that important to begin with.
consideration
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Susan wrote:
consideration wrote:
Juliet
LOL! Sorry, consideration, I took french and it has just ruined my english spelling! Laughing
It's quite alright! It was a bit rude of me to point it out, but since I live in the south, it's become one of my biggest pet peeves when people pronounce it like "Juliette" instead of "Juliet". Laughing
Susan
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

consideration wrote:
Susan wrote:
consideration wrote:
Juliet
LOL! Sorry, consideration, I took french and it has just ruined my english spelling! Laughing
It's quite alright! It was a bit rude of me to point it out, but since I live in the south, it's become one of my biggest pet peeves when people pronounce it like "Juliette" instead of "Juliet". Laughing
What's the difference in sound?
JustAnotherLonelyGirl.
P. Monkey's Agent

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Jonas! I'm so glad you finally came to the forums. I love you a lot. Laughing

Have you, Daniel, and Bree discussed the information on the whiteboard at the bunker? Have you done some research regarding it or discussed it at all? It had some names like Alexandra and Cassandra. Does Bree know anything about those girls? Or could they be other candidates for the ceremony? I think you need to explore the bunker in great depth; there might be some details you're missing there. Did the people of the resistance leave behind anything other than that board? Books maybe? That computer was there - search through all the files and history. You might come across information the Resistance members uncovered a few years ago. I really think that's one of the first steps to understanding what is happening to you three and what has happened in the past, etc.

And again, welcome to the forums! I do hope you come back frequently. And if you're ever lonely, PM me. I could keep you company anytime. Wink
consideration
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Susan wrote:
consideration wrote:
Susan wrote:
consideration wrote:
Juliet
What's the difference in sound?
The "et" sound isn't as pronounced in Juliet.
theratdiva
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 5:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jonas,

In all honesty, the human memory isn't the most reliable thing. The very second that something is over, our perception of it begins to degrade. We have two types of memory, STM, or short-term memory, and LTM, long-term memory. Short-term memory includes things like what we had for breakfast the previous morning, long-term includes things like our names and birthdates.

Since memory degrades so quickly, and you guys were drugged, your memories are even hazier than usual.

I wouldn't suggest that you attempt deep hypnosis, it can be dangerous and you can accidentally plant memories if you aren't careful.

However, I do think that meditation might help you to clear your mind and try to probe deeper. The problem is that to access those memories, if you even can, is going to take a lot of training on your part. You're going to have to train your mind to relax and go back. I know it's frustrating, but it will take time.

Hang in there.

TRD
longlostposter
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 5:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good advice, TRD.
Twilight_gem78
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 12:00 am    Post subject: Texas Reply with quote

I would just like to say, TEXAS WAS NOT FORCED INTO THE UINION!!! The U.S was afraid of other countries getting a foothold into union territory, plus they were many other factors. I know, I took Texas History!
theratdiva
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think that anyone mentioned Texas being forced into the Union in this thread...

Regardless, the way that it goes is that just as the US Congress votes to annex a state, the state itself (be it a territory, etc) votes itself as to whether or not it wants to join. Both the US Congress and the governing body of the prospective state must concur on annexation.
Lurker

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

theratdiva wrote:
I don't think that anyone mentioned Texas being forced into the Union in this thread...

I think they were talking to Jonas, in response to what he said in the most recent video.
longlostposter
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 6:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

theratdiva wrote:

Regardless, the way that it goes is that just as the US Congress votes to annex a state, the state itself (be it a territory, etc) votes itself as to whether or not it wants to join. Both the US Congress and the governing body of the prospective state must concur on annexation.
Umm, from what I understand, Texas was taken by the US. There are illegals in Yahoo chat, who will not hesitate to point that out.

Is this fear of Texas a premonition on Jonas' part? After all, Maddy just got killed there.

Jonas, please be the man, and jump in front of Daniel if someone tries to shoot him. Thanks.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Jonas Chat All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: