Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Virtue of Purity.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
nowherepixie
Owen's Helper

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JustAnotherLonelyGirl. wrote:

The Order is very hypocritical.

Too true.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
RiD_mE_oF_mYsElF
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

um, well, in my religion purity is based around not taking part in any sexual immorality, or any really dirty jokes, basically stuff that could violate your innocence, if that doesn't sound too dramatic...

the way I make sure I am not doing something that's inappropriate is that I think 'if I were married, would I do that in front of my husband?'

maybe Bree's purity bond is similar?

LeAd Me To ThE cRoSs
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
oxdeltaxo
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 5:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the order just utilizes the purity bond as a form of control. It was meant to keep Bree under the control of her parents and the order, so that she wouldn't go all rebel on them. Unfortunately they didn't count on Dan to take her to a few parties and show her what being a teenager is about.
RiD_mE_oF_mYsElF
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 5:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

haha, yes...

LeAd Me To ThE cRoSs
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
maxomai
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RiD_mE_oF_mYsElF wrote:
um, well, in my religion purity is based around not taking part in any sexual immorality, or any really dirty jokes, basically stuff that could violate your innocence, if that doesn't sound too dramatic...

the way I make sure I am not doing something that's inappropriate is that I think 'if I were married, would I do that in front of my husband?'

maybe Bree's purity bond is similar?

In my religion, purity is about ridding yourself of all distractions which lead you astray from your Will. If we're assuming that the Order is somehow Thelemic, then the boys might be that sort of distraction.

Of course, <i>this assumes that Bree's Will is to be a part of the Order</i>. It doesn't seem likely right now, but based on what we just saw today, I'd say the jury's still out.
N+++ Dsr A+ a+ C G+++ QH+++
666++++ Y+
------END MAGIC CODE BLOCK------
RiD_mE_oF_mYsElF
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well, bree's will was to be a part of the order at some point, remember? It wasn't until after the fake ceremony that she got doubtful...

LeAd Me To ThE cRoSs
sidewalkflight
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oxdeltaxo wrote:
I think the order just utilizes the purity bond as a form of control. It was meant to keep Bree under the control of her parents and the order, so that she wouldn't go all rebel on them. Unfortunately they didn't count on Dan to take her to a few parties and show her what being a teenager is about.

I agree with this. The purity bond stuff (in this particular religion) is probably garbage: they want her every move and action tracked, which they do so by convincing her she has sinned if she does anything against it. The reason I'm assuming is either to control things like outsider interaction, and I like someone else's suggestion that it is to control the substances and chemicals that enter her body.
RiD_mE_oF_mYsElF
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i agree tht the purity bond is about control, but i believe that it's focused more on sex and stuff, not chemicals... but that's just me. i'm not saying im right.

LeAd Me To ThE cRoSs
Chivalrous
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JustAnotherLonelyGirl. wrote:

Yeah, if you disrepect your body, you are impure. But it's okay to allow your elders to inject you with substances of which you know nothing and to take pills and follow diets for reasons about which you know nothing. Rolling Eyes

The Order is very hypocritical.

Sorry I'm kind of jumping in out of nowhere, but Jonas and Daniel semi-cleared up the whole dieting and injection thing with the box that bree's dad made in the episode "Opening the box":

Daniel: Yep. Jonas and I read through this whole thing. It really is filled with a ton of notes from Bree's dad about his research on what he'd been doing to Bree. Apparently, Bree has a very high level of ribozymes, or something like that, which makes her "trait positive." Does that make sense? This is why the Order wants her! This notebook also tells us that Bree's dad had been giving her shots of something to help lower her levels, trying to make her "trait negative." I mean, if Bree is "trait negative," the Order won't want her. We couldn't find anything in here about what the Ceremony is or what it does, but it can't be good if Bree's dad was trying this hard to fix her.

I remember in the way beginning when her dad was giving her iron supplements in the form of pills; I looked up the relationship between iron and ribozymes in a medical journal (http://departments.oxy.edu/urc/1Students/projects/abstracts/2004/04chemistryHl.htm). A lot of doctor mumbo jumbo, but I got this message out of it: Iron (combined with sulfur) enhances the rate a ribozyme works at. So even though Bree's dad was lowering her ribozyme levels, the iron would prevent her body from going into any kind of shock by enhancing the ribozymes' activity to make up for the loss.

Sorry if I'm wrong, and I will not go off topic anymore. Starting now.

I agree with the chemical theory, looking at the ribozymes thing. There could be certian chemicals in certain drugs and/or alcohol that could affect her positive trait status. The Order, however, would label it as a purity bond and give it and alternate and more plausible definition so that it will be more likely to be followed...
longlostposter
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice post, Chivalrous...very intelligent and something to think about.
Shout outs to my beautiful daughter badkittyx1505, Aithne, and Lurker.
RiD_mE_oF_mYsElF
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah... actually that's really cool.

LeAd Me To ThE cRoSs
rupaZer0
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chivalrous, you should start a new thread with that information so it doesn't get buried.
Chivalrous
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks... I'll probably do that. I didn't want to go off topic, but I had to to keep myself sane and so that I wouldn't lose the revelation that occured last night >.<.
JustAnotherLonelyGirl.
P. Monkey's Agent

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I said that before Daniel and Jonas found the box. But okay.

Anyway, as for the purity bond.. I think it has something to do with youth. As evidenced in "I hAtE tHeSe PeOpLe" or whatever, Bree regressed significantly after spending some time in the hands of the Order. In the Hymn Of One audition quiz, one of the questions asked if you believe aging is inevitable (not in those exact words).

Look at Bree's lifestyle. Her upbringing has turned her into a sheltered, naive girl.

As for the ribozymes.. I'm no rocket scientist, but, according to wikipedia, ribozymes may have played a large role in the RNA theory of the Origin of Life. So, essentially, they create life.. and thus may, theoretically, be used to recreate life? Does that make sense? Thus defeating the aging process by using Bree's excess supply of ribozymes to produce excess life and therefore give her immortality? or something?

BUT that's not to say that the Order has good intentions. because that whole theory is a HUGE stretch, and nothing Bree ever asked for, and who knows what they think they need in order to defeat the mortal process. They may be taking a LOT of blood. And they may not be using whatever they discover for Bree, but rather using her ribozymes for more important people.

Here's a link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RNA_world_hypothesis
It talks about the basis of the theory about RNA based life predating DNA.

Another thing that I don't have time to research now, but want to later, is Bree's hair. Bree has said before that her mom never let her cut her hair as a little girl. I'm wondering if there is something in hair cells that might be useful to the Order? The Hairpin Ribozyme comes to mind, but I think that's just an ironic coincidence. But, if anyone who's smarter than me has any information, feel free to jump in.

Sorry if I don't make any sense. Embarassed
maxomai
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 8:38 pm    Post subject: Well then.... Reply with quote

...I think this line of conversation firmly places Enochian magick and Crowley into the status of mere mulligans. What a relief.
N+++ Dsr A+ a+ C G+++ QH+++
666++++ Y+
------END MAGIC CODE BLOCK------
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Her Religion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: