Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Why are DBJ Not Using Their Resources?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Concerns and Complaints
View previous topic :: View next topic  
longlostposter
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 1:47 am    Post subject: Why are DBJ Not Using Their Resources? Reply with quote

I have a very simple question:

Why are DBJ doing hypnosis instead of using the resources that are right in front of them? Why aren't they analyzing the information on the computer, tearing the place apart, checking around the grounds outside, and utilizing the whiteboard?

Are BDJ morons?

Also, how is it that they come online, but still ignore all the advice and evidence we give them? I find this almost insulting.

It almost seems like the Creators are trying to kill the series off. Are they through with the experiment here, have garnered the information they needed from their mistakes, and now want to move on to KateModern?

Honestly, there is so much that could be done with this story right now, and yet it is so bland.

I hardly doubt it is because of funds, because there seems to be expansion going on.

What's up with missing every opportunity to do something really exciting with the series?

OK, done with my rant.

Oh, and BTW, Creators, thanks for giving us some answers. Now if DBJ would just do something with the ones they have.
Shout outs to my beautiful daughter badkittyx1505, Aithne, and Lurker.
ShardinsKitten
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 6:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I couldn't have said it better myself.

The only reason I stay anymore is for the fan fiction. Which is much much better then LG has been lately. If it wasn't for the fan fic I would be gone already.

I'm really tired of filler videos that don't give us any answers and then when we get answers it is answers we have already figured out weeks ago. It is insulting that we put all this stuff out there for them and they completely ignore it, yet this is supposed to be interactive story telling. Except for a random shout out now and again, I'm wondering where that interactivity went. We don't get puzzles, we don't influence the plot, if we did we wouldn't have so many filler videos and so few answers after so long. There are a lot people out here that could do a much better job plot wise. I feel like the plot is going absolutely no where. It takes to many steps to get from A to B. and by the time you get to B we're at D.

I'm going to end my rant. I'll stick with the fan fiction.
rupaZer0
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 5:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Creators, it's unfortunate that you've had to do so many things in quick succession that the fans disliked - death of Oppy and Tachyon, introduction of Jules, lengthy plot lull - especially considering that you have a spin-off series to promote. I had a lot of trust in you, and I've been waiting for something interesting and enjoyable to happen for a log time now. The longer I wait, the less I trust you, and the less likely I am to pay any attention to KateModern.

There's so many things you could do right now. More private transmissions from the order would have been great, especially as they could have reflected the chaos that would so obviously ensue after the death of OpAphid. A whole cell of the order vanishes and they just get on with things? Yeah right.

Bree could uncover new information in that cell instead of constantly rehashing things we already knew. DanielBeast could break into something, somewhere, anywhere. Jonas could get in touch with his parents.

Interesting that the only exciting thing to happen in the last week was when someone found that video directory of Hymnofone.org and we're not even supposed to know about that. Shooting yourselves in the foot much?
Lurker

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 8:02 am    Post subject: Re: Why are DBJ Not Using Their Resources? Reply with quote

longlostposter wrote:
It almost seems like the Creators are trying to kill the series off. Are they through with the experiment here, have garnered the information they needed from their mistakes, and now want to move on to KateModern?

I kind of feel like this might be the case. LG15 has so many problems now (in terms of production and plot consistency), and given the nature of those issues, they'll never be able to actually fix them. The best they probably feel they can really do with them is to learn from them for the future.

We've given them lots of advice too, particularly where these problems are concerned. They now know what they could have done better. When they make another shot at creating an airtight masterpiece, they'll have a much better chance of succeeding, I'm sure. Knowing that there's just no possible way to salvage what's happened with LG15, their hearts are probably no longer in it the way they once were.

longlostposter wrote:
Honestly, there is so much that could be done with this story right now, and yet it is so bland.

I hardly doubt it is because of funds, because there seems to be expansion going on.

Yeah, I agree. I think that's the biggest sign of their hearts really no longer being in it. Much less effort seems to be going into LG15 right now, and the only way that would be happening when they have a spin-off coming up is if they hope the spin-off can replace LG15 altogether.

longlostposter wrote:
Oh, and BTW, Creators, thanks for giving us some answers. Now if DBJ would just do something with the ones they have.

I've already sort of addressed this in the video thread for "A Solid Lead," but I think it bears saying again: All this time, the only info Bree was sitting on was the name "Hymn of One" and the knowledge that more followers live outside the communes than live in them? Yet she refused to give that up for months upon months?

Daniel and Jonas must be ready to kill her.

rupaZer0 wrote:
There's so many things you could do right now. More private transmissions from the order would have been great, especially as they could have reflected the chaos that would so obviously ensue after the death of OpAphid. A whole cell of the order vanishes and they just get on with things? Yeah right.

In this case, I can kind of understand why they did nothing. Legally, they don't have the room to say what became of OpAphid, Tachyon or Brother, or what's going on with the OpAPHID division. Unfortunately, that puts them in a terrible position where the plot's concerned, and not one where there should be absolutely nothing happening.

Of course, that matter's only complicated further by recent developments in the Maddison Atkins ARG, in which it's now been revealed that OpAphid is apparently still alive, as is at least one of her operatives. The in-flux status of OpAPHID as canon only further complicates the issue, as it's entirely unreasonable to call OpAPHID fanfiction at this point, yet the Creators may have never had any intention to acknowledge the Maddison Atkins ARG - yet OpAPHID has seemingly joined with it.

All of this probably just reinforces any desire the Creators have to place their hopes in KateModern or another future project. As things stand, LG15 is full of more holes than Tony Montana.

rupaZer0 wrote:
Bree could uncover new information in that cell instead of constantly rehashing things we already knew. DanielBeast could break into something, somewhere, anywhere. Jonas could get in touch with his parents.

I can't speak for anyone else, but DB breaking into places always raises my spirits.
Broken Kid
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree that things are rather slow right now. But I'll reiterate the official word from the Creators (because, you know, that's what I'm supposed to do! Wink) that LG15 will not end. KateModern and LG15 will run simultaneously (sorta like Buffy and Angel in the same world), and LG15 is expected to continue for the foreseeable future (I believe they used the word indefinitely).

It's not uncommon to have these slower periods while BDJ take refuge in one place or another and figure things out. It kind of gives them a chance to be real teens and interact as normal people (even in the midst of all their craziness). Then something will happen to move things along a bit. I too hope that happens soon!
Ziola
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 8:06 am    Post subject: Re: Why are DBJ Not Using Their Resources? Reply with quote

Lurker wrote:
As things stand, LG15 is full of more holes than Tony Montana.

I think I love you...
Lurker

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 10:02 am    Post subject: Re: Why are DBJ Not Using Their Resources? Reply with quote

Ziola wrote:
Lurker wrote:

I think I love you...

Glad you liked that. It was the most appropriate analogy I could think of in a flash.
immortal1
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think if you look historically at lg15 it becomes clear that each week has a different story. This week I think the main plot was finding out what happened to them in Vegas with subplots being Daniel's alcohol abuse and the new girl.

I think the new girl plotline would have gone further if Jules was better received. As far as Bree knows she no longer is the person of interest and she is in a place that is relatively safe so what we see is the old lighthearted Bree showing up and many people are happy to see that.

Outside issues might be effecting things- they are staffing and preparing KateModern, JD said he was starting an independent feature and I believe they are still shooting pilots here in Hollywood so maybe the actors are involved with that to a degree.

I think there is plenty left in lg15. I also think what happens next is very important. I understand the frustration though, sometimes I just wish I could sit in a story meeting and throw ideas at them.
longlostposter
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 1:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Why are DBJ Not Using Their Resources? Reply with quote

Lurker wrote:
Ziola wrote:
Lurker wrote:

I think I love you...

Glad you liked that. It was the most appropriate analogy I could think of in a flash.
Ziola, you're going to have to join me, sparrow, and a couple of others in this regard.

I'm thinking of starting a Lurker/immortal1 fan club. Laughing

immortal1 wrote:
I understand the frustration though, sometimes I just wish I could sit in a story meeting and throw ideas at them.
No doubt!
Shout outs to my beautiful daughter badkittyx1505, Aithne, and Lurker.
colbertnationgirl
Hymn of One

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 1:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Why are DBJ Not Using Their Resources? Reply with quote

longlostposter wrote:
Ziola, you're going to have to join me, sparrow, and a couple of others in this regard.

I'm thinking of starting a Lurker/immortal1 fan club. Laughing
That's a good idea!! I'ld totally join!!
orbthesela
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

longlostposter wrote:
I have a very simple question:

Why are DBJ doing hypnosis instead of using the resources that are right in front of them? Why aren't they analyzing the information on the computer, tearing the place apart, checking around the grounds outside, and utilizing the whiteboard?

Are BDJ morons?

lmao, I think I love you...

I was wondering this all week. When exactly are they going to tear the place apart, look for clues, look at the damn whiteboard? I thought I was going a bit crazy, wondering if I had missed an entire video.

lurker wrote:

I've already sort of addressed this in the video thread for "A Solid Lead," but I think it bears saying again: All this time, the only info Bree was sitting on was the name "Hymn of One" and the knowledge that more followers live outside the communes than live in them? Yet she refused to give that up for months upon months?

Daniel and Jonas must be ready to kill her.

I have to feel the same, if thats ALL Bree knew, why wouldn't she just say it?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Concerns and Complaints All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: