Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Creator's latest post
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Concerns and Complaints
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rupaZer0
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 9:10 am    Post subject: Creator's latest post Reply with quote

TheCreators wrote:
April 28th, 2007 at 8:47 pm

Hey everyone,

Please bear with us. We are very over-extended, but we promise that you will enjoy where the story direction is headed. We are working on making the Hymn of One puzzle stuff better, the plot is ramping up (stay tuned) and we are working more and more character interactivity into the show on a weekly basis. Finally, we are tweaking our “format” to make the individual videos more enjoyable and still drive the narrative forward (much harder than it sounds). Also, with the addition of KateModern you will see a substantial increase in the breadth and depth of the LG15 universe. FINALLY… web design is progressing. In the meantime, enjoy the shiny new “previous, next” buttons below the video. Thanks!!!!

Miles

Reasons why your last post has left many of us still unsatisfied:

1) You have not addressed our concerns about Jules. This is one of our biggest beefs and you have ignored it.

2) In saying, 'Please bear with us,' you are asking for us to regain a trust that some of us no longer have for you. It's been too long now with no answers and unsatisfactory episodes. I can only speak for myself in saying that you are going to have to work very hard to regain that trust.

3) We don't really care that much about puzzles. We'd rather have an engaging storyline. If you're finding it that consuming to make puzzles then get someone else in to help you. Lord knows you need someone else anyway, to check your scripts for plot errors.

4) We don't need you to be diplomatic right now. We need you to be honest. I'm fed up of reading notes written in the style of an unpopular politician.
ShardinsKitten
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree we've been waiting a long time on the promise that they are working on awesome puzzles and that the story is going to get so much better soon. But soon was over a long time ago.

A lot of us DO care about puzzles and want puzzles and want that interactivity. But seeing what the creators can't do (yes I really mean can't) with a plot I don't think they can give us the puzzles we want on a level we'd enjoy or we the frequency we want.

I think they are losing way too many of us, and are very near out of time, to be telling us to hang in there, we've heard that for months now. It's just getting to the point where more people are actually openly talking about it.

Anyways That's all I have to say.
PolkadotConfederation
Hymn of One

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally, I understand the Creators predicament. I think they're trying their best to give us what we want, and I think that a lot of people are being too hard on them. I know the amount of work that goes into making a production like this, and I feel that they're putting their hearts into this and doing everything they can to satisfy us. I believe they're just trying to do too much at once, and you should try focusing on one thing at a time, but I know they're working their asses off to give us quality entertainment and I know that a lot of us are getting fed up about the amount of filler videos recently, but I still truly think that the Creators are trying their absolute best.
rupaZer0
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PolkadotConfederation wrote:
I believe they're just trying to do too much at once, and you should try focusing on one thing at a time, but I know they're working their asses off to give us quality entertainment and I know that a lot of us are getting fed up about the amount of filler videos recently, but I still truly think that the Creators are trying their absolute best.

I almost said something like this but found it difficult to phrase it in a way that I thought would make sense, so thanks for bringing this up.

But to be honest, I kind of hope they're not trying their best. I think they can do better, but they've made some bad decisions lately* and have strayed a little from their original remit of an interactive story.

Plus they keep on making silly mistakes: leaving video files lying around in publicly viewable parent folders; getting Daniel to contradict himself pretty much as often as Bree straightens her hair; neglecting to get characters to acknowledge forum origins for ideas (or in the case of 'What happened to us???' insulting fan-originated ideas - "This is a horrible idea but we have no other ideas...")

*<silly encrypted voice>"Wake up, Creators. I want to talk to you about your decisions..."
khjq
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well if in fact they are trying their best...I guess we have nothing to look forward to then......
deagol
Thor's Hammer

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 5:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Creator's latest post Reply with quote

TheCreators wrote:
We are working on making the Hymn of One puzzle stuff better

What puzzle stuff?

Why are they overextended?

Just as a resources/productivity comparison (I'd never suggest they do an ARG), The Creators of the Maddy Atkins ARG managed to give us 3 engaging puzzles, 3 drops in 3 different cities, and 11 videos, all in only 2 weeks, all the time engaging in intense character interaction through PM, the forum, and chat, and all of that with probably a much smaller budget. On top of that, there was quality in the story-telling and editing and even the acting got better in the end.

The Creators of LG15 have done nothing in a longer timeframe. They claim they're trying to make better puzzles when there have been none, better interactivity when there has been nothing of it, and... making tweaks to the format so the videos are more enjoyable and still move the plot? Why do they make it sound like the more enjoyable videos would make it difficult for them to advance the narrative? What are they talking about?
robtomorrow
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 5:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Creator's latest post Reply with quote

deagol wrote:
Why do they make it sound like the more enjoyable videos would make it difficult for them to advance the narrative? What are they talking about?

Many good questions deagol, especially the above. If they would advance the narrative in a way that made sense and gave us more information then the videos would be more enjoyable.
ShardinsKitten
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 6:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Creator's latest post Reply with quote

deagol wrote:
TheCreators wrote:
We are working on making the Hymn of One puzzle stuff better

What puzzle stuff?

Why are they overextended?

Just as a resources/productivity comparison (I'd never suggest they do an ARG), The Creators of the Maddy Atkins ARG managed to give us 3 engaging puzzles, 3 drops in 3 different cities, and 11 videos, all in only 2 weeks, all the time engaging in intense character interaction through PM, the forum, and chat, and all of that with probably a much smaller budget. On top of that, there was quality in the story-telling and editing and even the acting got better in the end.

The Creators of LG15 have done nothing in a longer timeframe. They claim they're trying to make better puzzles when there have been none, better interactivity when there has been nothing of it, and... making tweaks to the format so the videos are more enjoyable and still move the plot? Why do they make it sound like the more enjoyable videos would make it difficult for them to advance the narrative? What are they talking about?

I agree.

I have said time and time again the Creators shouldn't attempt an ARG. They can't even tell a coherent engaging story. If and when they get their story telling on track they should leave the ARGs to people who can do it.

Harsh I know, but I feel it's time to start being that, we've given them tons of time already. They need to face reality.
TOSG
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If they're really so overextended (I'm not exactly sure with what, but I'll take them at their word), then perhaps they should just take a couple of weeks off from making videos, and use that time for planning/preparation so that they can come back in full force. It's certainly better than putting out filler vids that they feel the need for apologizing about.

From some of the more impressive vids, we've seen that the Creators have considerable talent for creating compelling characters and telling a story. Now, they just need to focus that talent and give the series some consistency.
longlostposter
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Creators:

Blah, blah, blah, blah.

It's like continuous foreplay with no hope of...

Well, you get it.
Shout outs to my beautiful daughter badkittyx1505, Aithne, and Lurker.
consideration
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe Bree said something like:
"It's like a full time job without any pay or any hope for advancement."

Something like that.
jessicaleerose
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 8:29 pm    Post subject: in their defense Reply with quote

Hi everyone,
In defense of "the creators" as ya call em, I would just like to say that from an inside perspective they are trying VERY hard to make everything work and make sure you guys are happy and interested in the storyline. It may not seem like it but they truly are. They care deeply about this show and really put their all into making it better. Since this is such a new thing in 'the industry' its very time consuming to work out deals and such as people who are not familiar with the internet concept are trying to do things as if this were TV or film.. which is not their fault they are just doing what they have always done, but this is a new medium and it will take some time to figure out. I really enjoy filming this show and watching it despite the fact that i know what is coming up! Just when you think things are in a lull they pick up again so try not to jump to the conclusion that when things are slow that means it is always going to be that way.. we can't possibly give you action packed videos everyday because it would be unrealistic in the 'breeniverse' . It's incredibly hard to please everyone, but they do try and they listen to ALL of your concerns and complaints and try their best to handle the situation.
I hope you all continue to watch our show and support us. We appreciate all you have done for us and are working towards making better quality entertainment for you! so please do just 'bear with us'!!
thanks guys 'n' gals!
consideration
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jess, I know I'm always going to support you guys, but it's just like sometimes you guys are missing the point. It really isn't about plot lulls or not having action packed videos every second.

Oh well. I'm still behind you guys. And I trust that you're coming out with something great soon. Good luck!
PolkadotConfederation
Hymn of One

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jessica there are a lot of people here who will never give up on the show. We know you guys are working incredibly hard right now, and I, for one, will always support LG15. Very Happy
kellylen
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PolkadotConfederation wrote:
Jessica there are a lot of people here who will never give up on the show. We know you guys are working incredibly hard right now, and I, for one, will always support LG15. Very Happy

same Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Concerns and Complaints All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: