Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Mr. Zipp's identity - might have to help me on this one.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Maddison Atkins: Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Avajoy
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah. There has to be a reason why Zipp chose Maddison. Something significant about her, other than her broadcasting-"instant mike" abilities.

Again, why I think Zipp is someone she knows.

PROUD BRONAS SUPPORTER!
Letal89
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From what I've seen tonight everyone has come up with great theorys and ideas and my brain is going to explode from all this haha. So I guess we're just going to have to wait for a new video. Hopefully there will be a new one...
Avajoy
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope so...Lord, this can't end this way. We need closure. Zipp certainly can't start up with a new character without some kind of....SOMETHING regarding Maddy's death, or apparent death.

I've got to go to bed, too. Crying or Very sad

PROUD BRONAS SUPPORTER!
Lurker

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 9:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Mr. Zipp's identity - might have to help me on this one. Reply with quote

Avajoy wrote:
Lurker, he says in his first email to Maddy (as well in her description on Myspace and YT) that only a person who really knows her, would know the passwords.

I find it really unlikely that she was hacked.

I just watched the video about the email again, but Mr. Zipp doesn't say he knows her very well. Maddison just concluded on her own that only someone who knew her very well would know her passwords, but I'd say anyone who hacked any other accounts she had (like her university e-mail) would know what to tell her too.

TheeBerean wrote:
If after 15 days, the Order/Warpy/Whoever was able to finde and trace the email from one person to the other, that they would also be able to crack the password codes as well.

~t.b.

One would certainly think so.

TheeBerean wrote:
Letal89 wrote:
If Maddison was Mr. Zipp's kid...Why in the world would you endanger your own child's life? If I was in a situation like that I would let my kid live without knowing who their father was.

Just a possibility... but he said they "weren't supposed to meet".... Perhaps, something happened and Maddison would soon be in imminent danger. As dangerous as this was, perhaps he thought it the only way to save her in the end.
~t.b.

Why not just tell her who he was then? If she's going to be in danger anyway, it seems somewhat callous not to tell her "It's because you just happen to be related to me."
Haether
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Avajoy wrote:
-hugs to TheeBerean and Kitten-

TheeBerean, you bring up an interesting theory. Maddy's never mentioned her parents, has she?

there's something in the chat archives where she was asked if her parents were religious, and she just answered something like "no"
So, she at least *has* parents...although she could be adopted. Seems like a stretch, but maybe the drawings were ones she did, and Mr. Zipp was hoping she would recognize them

it is spelled DEFINITELY
learn it, live it, love it.
Avajoy
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright Lurker, I miswrote, typed too quickly. I did mean to say that she said on her Myspace and YT description, that only someone who knew her well, would know the passwords. She got the email one on the first try, right? So they're significant. The familliarity could be significant.

PROUD BRONAS SUPPORTER!
TheeBerean
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Avajoy wrote:
Alright Lurker, I miswrote, typed too quickly. I did mean to say that she said on her Myspace and YT description, that only someone who knew her well, would know the passwords. She got the email one on the first try, right? So they're significant. The familliarity could be significant.

Either he knows her well... or he has been watching her (and her online activity) for some time. I think the latter is most plausable, personally. Also for the record, someone earlier mentioned Zipp hacking into her University Email... He didn't... he dropped off a pigeon (note in hand... er, claw?) with a NEW Yahoo account and told her to log on... she would already know the password.

~t.b.
Lurker

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheeBerean wrote:
Also for the record, someone earlier mentioned Zipp hacking into her University Email... He didn't... he dropped off a pigeon (note in hand... er, claw?) with a NEW Yahoo account and told her to log on... she would already know the password.

I don't think I was clear about what I was suggesting. I was saying if someone hacked into her other accounts, they would know what kind of passwords to set up for her on new ones.
TheeBerean
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lurker wrote:
I don't think I was clear about what I was suggesting. I was saying if someone hacked into her other accounts, they would know what kind of passwords to set up for her on new ones.

Gotcha... not a bad suggestion.
lg15panda
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Throwing this out here in case people are still interested in discussing things IG (though, OOG, I have to say I'm really digging Jeromy's responses! what fun! I look forward to his future stuff!):

This is a craaaazy idea I had last weekend right about the time that things blew up with the "No More" video, and since it seems that things have calmed down a bit, I'll go ahead and post it. It's crazy because it's really pretty ridiculous but I'd been reading the new Chuck Palahniuk book the past few days, and what with the unanswered mysteries of the ARG, I thought about it a little more and grew kind of suspicious.

So my theory is, what if Mr Zipp WAS Maddy?

Just a few clues to support this: 1) the passwords. Each account password was different, and each was very personal and significant to Maddy, such that she remarked that someone had to have known her VERY well to come up with these passwords. Who knows her better than herself?

Next clue: 2) the pigeons. These pigeons were obviously planted, and this was made clear because of the video "Pigeon Part II" -- if the pigeon was a homing pigeon, why did the next one show up on Adam's doorstep? Another crucial piece of evidence is the "sudden" appearance of the 2nd pigeon. It was probably only a minute or two before Maddy was in the apartment before they opened the door and the pigeon was there. How would Zipp know to plant the pigeon at that exact instant and leave without a trace? Instead, wouldn't it have been easier for Maddy to have planted the pigeon when she arrived at Adam's, distract him with the camera, and walked inside the apartment?

Another clue, kind of tying in with the pigeons: 3) Adam. Lucky for Maddy she's friends with Adam, and lucky that he's pretty foolish and wouldn't think twice about picking up a pigeon (aka sky-rat) or tasting things in weird vials. In fact, it was a nice coincidence that they were doing a class project together and had a camera so they could film when they came across the first pigeon. If Zipp knew Maddy as well as we're assuming he does (considering the passwords), Zipp would have known that Maddy would have just ignored the bird and not bothered, thus rendering the note useless. Same with the salt & water, though maybe there were those of us in the forums/chat that could have coaxed Maddy to taste whatever was in the vials. But from day one, since Adam was there, Maddy had a) an opportunity to use a camera and b) a witness/alibi/pawn.

According to these clues, we can conclude that Mr Zipp is one of the following:
1) A bad-ass ninja stalker and master hacker who can disappear without a trace, hack into Maddy's internet accounts and figure out her password, knows where she is at pretty much every moment, and knows a hell of a lot about her for a long time now
2) Someone REALLY close to Maddy (close, but obviously not close enough since according to the videos, forum posts, and chats she's not really depending on anybody else except those in the forum and Adam) who for some reason decides to put her in danger, knowing she will probably be killed. And this is someone who Maddy doesn't suspect, I guess.
3) Maddy herself

So if I'm saying it's #3, "WHY?!" would probably be the next question. Honestly I don't know. I'm going with the Chucky P answer and saying it's a Fight Club/Tyler Durden thing -- maybe Maddy was crazy. I mean, what did we really know about her? Could she have had this total identity disorder/split-personality thing going on where her other personality was this older person who might refer to himself as Mr Zipp? Could her split-personality have had ties with a secret organization like the Order? I don't know. But it's been an interesting thought to mull over the past few days!

I know it's crazy, so don't kill me! Smile
TOSG
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually kind of like that theory, panda. Reminds me of the good old Bree = Cassie days.
SARAHPHOBIA88
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm...about her parents. In the short time we knew her, Maddison really didn't get to tell us much about herself. Her focus was working on the mystery of Mr. Zipp. I am sure, if she had been around longer, we would have gotten to know more about her.

It would have been nice to know how long Adam and Maddison knew each other. If they were just partners for the class assignment or friends for a while. (Forgive me if this is already answered somewhere, I am still trying to read through everything that has been posted!)

I do have concerns with some of the others involved; Mr. Zipp, Adam, Emily, Pea-Shooter...

I do believe Mr. Zipp had a purpose for Maddison. Yet just a distration or he thought she could really help. But, (IC) I am a little t'd off with Mr. Zipp!
QtheC
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excerpts from last night's chat session with Jeromy:

Where Mr. Zipp came from...
Quote:
[09:57:48 PM] TheeBerean The inspiration for Mr. Zipp... Did you get the idea from "Mr. Zip (AKA 'Zippy')"... the thin (sometimes stick figure), always in a hurry, cartoon mailman created by the Postal Service back in the day... he was developed to remind people to use those new-fangled gosh-darn Zip codes.
[09:58:01 PM] TheeBerean From an OOG stand point... did you get the idea from the original Mr. Zip... if not, can you tell us what gave you the idea of Mr. Zip without giving away the plot? Maybe your girlfriend wrote it for you?
[09:58:09 PM] jeromy Mr. Zipp first came from the book
[09:58:30 PM] Sweet_Elixir Dr Suess?
[09:58:30 PM] lg15panda oh say can you say?
[09:58:57 PM] jeromy yes
[09:59:13 PM] Emsmu im gonna need to get that book...
[09:59:27 PM] jeromy So - all other symolic references - I leave to IG
[09:59:30 PM] jeromy ok?
[09:59:37 PM] glassgirl i suppose
[09:59:41 PM] jeromy lol

What kinds of questions players should be asking...
Quote:
[10:54:51 PM] lg15panda how did you find the lg15 audience to be as far as players go?
[10:55:12 PM] jeromy Hey. This is a good question to end on
[10:55:26 PM] jeromy So - sorry
[10:55:36 PM] jeromy The lg15 audience
[10:55:41 PM] jeromy it's intereting
[10:55:50 PM] jeromy They are constantly asking what?
[10:55:56 PM] jeromy What does this mean?
[10:56:01 PM] jeromy What is the answer to this puzzle?
[10:56:07 PM] jeromy What is going to happen next?
[10:56:24 PM] jeromy It would have been better if they started asking why, how and who
[10:56:30 PM] jeromy Why is this here?
[10:56:37 PM] jeromy Who put it there
[10:56:45 PM] jeromy and How did we end up with it
[10:56:59 PM] jeromy My puzzles required more of that kind of questioning
[10:57:07 PM] jeromy especially the ones that were never solved
[10:57:07 PM] glassgirl sounds like hints to us...
[10:57:19 PM] lg15panda i like that answer a lot!
Hard vs. Easy puzzles, and more on Mr. Zipp...
Quote:
[11:27:56 PM] Sweet_Elixir Why did you make Mr Zipp too cryptic!? lol
[11:28:03 PM] jeromy hmm
[11:28:17 PM] jeromy I thought and still think that Mr. Zipp is/was an easy puzzle
[11:28:24 PM] jeromy and like Two Bags - I was wrong
[11:28:37 PM] kellylen how did you feel about telling us 2 bags
[11:28:57 PM] Emsmu7 you thought the little face doodles were easy to solve?
[11:28:58 PM] Sweet_Elixir i was just kidding, but the doodles are hard...lol, no pun intended there Wink
[11:28:59 PM] jeromy I was fine with letting you in on TWO BAGS
[11:30:31 PM] QtheC In what sense did you think Mr. Zipp was an easy puzzle? Do you mean figuring out his identity?
[11:30:37 PM] jeromy can't say Q
[11:30:47 PM] lg15panda i guess were any of the MA characters similar/based on other characters in other projects you worked on?
[11:30:56 PM] determination0 like afterM
[11:30:58 PM] jeromy It's funny actually - the things I thought would be hard. Weren't and likewise
[11:31:07 PM] jeromy no lg
[11:31:07 PM] Emsmu7 Q - if he told us it was about his identity that would mean its not Jonas's dad and that would ruin our theory XD
silverblue
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do we know anything about Adam's parents?
Particular
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shocked What's all this about Maddy or Adam being Mr Zipp? I'm so confused!

(Mad love for Adam *melts*)

R.I.P. Maddy and Adam. Mad love for you guys.

Member of the Lurker Fanclub
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Maddison Atkins: Archive All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 2 of 9

Jump to: