Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

I don't understand!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Maddison Atkins: Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
loobylou
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 5:23 am    Post subject: I don't understand! Reply with quote

OK, so Maddy's dead. I find it hard to understand why the creator would do this?? If Maddy is dead, then it looks like the end of the ARG (unless of course Zipp chooses another).

Was she killed as punishment for us because we failed to solve the puzzles? If so, we're all going to be a bit more antsy next time!!
Esteed
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 5:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not all of us will be sticking around for next time, if Maddy's dead.
loobylou
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 5:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

But it'll be so hard to resist. Maybe this is the creator's way of hooking us. I know some of us are really pissed if Maddy's dead, but imagine how much we'll all want to help, if the same happens to another girl - this time we'll know how serious it is. Kinda clever really.
PixieSailor
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They're willing to hurt us this much to teach us a lesson? They're willing to scrap a character and ARG just so we'll try harder? They could have warned us in so many other ways way less painful than this. I find it more of a reason to stay away and not get involved, personally.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
liley1
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't find the post myself but on one of the Jules threads someone mentioned that the creator's had posted on the forum stating they had to re-write some things as an actress quit... maybe it was Maddison and that's why they had to kill her off??
Libra
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

liley1 wrote:
I can't find the post myself but on one of the Jules threads someone mentioned that the creator's had posted on the forum stating they had to re-write some things as an actress quit... maybe it was Maddison and that's why they had to kill her off??

Maddison is fan created material...
mary
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

maddison wasn't an LG15 actress- she was fanfic. the actor was prob. alex or something.
Broken Kid
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't play the game, I just watched the videos. But maybe if Maddy died, it's because we (the fans) didn't solve the clues and figure out how to save her. Maybe this was the ending we led things to... just a thought. Smile
Lurker

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Zipp is still alive and chooses another girl, I think that would be motivation to find a way to make sure he gets offed next time and not necessarily motivation to solve his stupid riddling. He's just as responsible for what happened to Maddy and Adam as War Pylol is, and just as much a threat to innocent people.
Aja
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Broken Kid wrote:
I didn't play the game, I just watched the videos. But maybe if Maddy died, it's because we (the fans) didn't solve the clues and figure out how to save her. Maybe this was the ending we led things to... just a thought. Smile

I thought this too. There was something in my head that kept nagging me about the puzzles - that we didn't solve everything we needed to. But if that's true, it doesn't make this whole thing suck any less. This is/was the first ARG I've participated in (instead of lurking) and I've become attached to Maddy.
Broken Kid
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aja wrote:
I thought this too. There was something in my head that kept nagging me about the puzzles - that we didn't solve everything we needed to. But if that's true, it doesn't make this whole thing suck any less. This is/was the first ARG I've participated in (instead of lurking) and I've become attached to Maddy.

I've always respected writers who are unafraid to kill off a main character. Makes it more like real life, in which things don't often/always have a happy ending. And that's the idea of fan fiction such as this, I think: to blur the line between fiction and real life. So regardless of whether the fans could have changed the course, I think it's cool that Maddy died in the end. Sure it's unsatisfying, but you have to respect the writers' guts!
nowherepixie
Owen's Helper

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aja wrote:
This is/was the first ARG I've participated in (instead of lurking) and I've become attached to Maddy.

Ditto. I really hope there's some kind of twist Confused
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
ignatzmouse
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a nagging feeling of deja vu, and I realized this morning what it was. Janet Leigh, Marion Crane, Psycho. This must be what it was like for viewers in 1960, who hadn't had that shower scene quoted and parodied endlessly, so having the sympathy character die about 1/3 of the way into the film was a shock. Of course, there was no marioncrane on IRC.
Gonzo308
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've never really done an ARG before, and have mostly been lurking and commenting rather than actually playing.

But
I. Seriously. Saw. Nothing. In those clues.

If the clues are so cryptic that NO ONE, not even the people really really invested in this, could solve it, maybe there was a problem on Zipp's end, not ours.

I don't know what could have been done better or differently, but something should have been done
nowherepixie
Owen's Helper

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ignatzmouse wrote:
I had a nagging feeling of deja vu, and I realized this morning what it was. Janet Leigh, Marion Crane, Psycho. This must be what it was like for viewers in 1960, who hadn't had that shower scene quoted and parodied endlessly, so having the sympathy character die about 1/3 of the way into the film was a shock. Of course, there was no marioncrane on IRC.

Ooh are you implying we're only 1/3 of the way in?
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Maddison Atkins: Archive All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: