Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

crazy emo chick?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  

agree?
yay
9%
 9%  [ 7 ]
nay
45%
 45%  [ 34 ]
umm... shes hot.
44%
 44%  [ 33 ]
Total Votes : 74

Susan
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or for the elderly among us.... Shocked Embarassed ...a beatnik.
llama_burger
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 2:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the first part of the definition of emo is that they're depressed. it's a requirement, and this is important, that they have nothing in their middle-class teenage lives to be depressed about. they dress a certain way. their black jeans are so tight that castration is a real risk when dressing emo (for the guys. though male/female can be a hard distinction when it comes to emos). they wear clothing only in the colours black and red. they dye their hair black, sometimes with red streaks. they have a very long fringe that hangs over their eyes. it has been hypothesised that this is the reason for their depression- they have sore heads from bumping into things, yet they can't cut their hair cuz they need it to hide the ugly bruises. both guys and girls wear eyeliner, girls always in large amounts, guys quite often. they listen to very very depressing music and cry. a classic emo band is Hawethorne Heights. emos very often class themselves as bisexual, far more commonly than mainstream teenagers, and are also more promiscuous than general society though less so than the 'plastics' (popular girls who go out with jocks and look like Barbie). they're also more likely to binge drink heavily and smoke pot. or wait, is that just NZ teens in general?

i think that's a big enough collection of teenage stereotypes for one comment. also, it's worth mentioning that this is what we consider 'emo' in New Zealand. Auckland and Wellington are overrun with them. they are instantly recognisable. the sad thing is that they think they're rebelling, but they look like clones.

anyway, my point is that Sarah isn't emo. teenage angst and horniness she has, but nothing definingly emo. the bands listed on her myspace are not emo, though mychem is kinda try-hard emo-ey. ugh i'm so sick of black parade, i've heard it way too much.
Sami
P. Monkey's Agent

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 6:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gah.. I never understand what makes a person emo. or any stereotype
saralynn
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sarah = all the girls I made fun of in HS.

I don't know if emo is the right word, but she's pulling out the ugly tights and the plaid and the whatevers and looking totally ridiculous.

10 bucks she listens to My Chemical Romance.
triumphanddisaster
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That 'emo' stereotype has got to be the most obnoxious thing I've heard thus far. It's seriously grating on my nerves.

I've already pointed out that Sara fits more of the modern Romantic Goth stereotype than Emo. Which, by the way, sprang up in the 80's to describe a style of music that was emphatically 'Emotional'.

Stupid useless, misguided stereotypes.

Anyway. I liked her. She amused me. Also, she seems to be the voice of at least one sect of the forum. You know the whole 'OMGJonas+Bree=OTP' group? Yeah.

Edit: I like the alternative girls. <3. Even the mainstreamed ones are fun to entertain yourself with.

"We call this the revolution."
Dahamu626
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think someone who is diffrent..someone would call them emo...like she isn't exactly emo..but she has a sister who thinks she is moody...a bit off...and just uses the phrase emo....
Icaterus
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've started watching LG15 again Very Happy !!! I was behind for a few months, but now I'm back! Gah it's going to take ages to get in the loop with what's happening again lol.

Anyway, on topic...

First of all, emo is incredibly hard to define... The best way to sum it up is somewhere between punk and goth.

I admit I'm slightly emo....

Wait, hold on, I'm not fully emo! Don't attack me Confused

I do hang out at 'the cage', which is an emo spot in Wellington, New Zealand. (rofl, know the place llama_burger??? Not as infested as 'emo park' though... Are you from wellington or auckland? ..sorry I'll get back on topic)

Sarah doesn't have the emo fringe... does she? I haven't been watching for a while so I've only seen Sarah in the recent videos and haven't checked out her myspace that much.

My opinion is: Sarah isn't emo because she doesn't have the fringe.

But yea no one can agree on what exactly emo is...

Edit: OK I just watched Taylor's videos. This is what Sarah should look like for her to be emo:

Thanks for watching as I fall.
platypusrex256
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Icaterus wrote:
I've started watching LG15 again Very Happy !!! I was behind for a few months, but now I'm back! Gah it's going to take ages to get in the loop with what's happening again lol.

Anyway, on topic...

First of all, emo is incredibly hard to define... The best way to sum it up is somewhere between punk and goth.

I admit I'm slightly emo....

Wait, hold on, I'm not fully emo! Don't attack me Confused

I do hang out at 'the cage', which is an emo spot in Wellington, New Zealand. (rofl, know the place llama_burger??? Not as infested as 'emo park' though... Are you from wellington or auckland? ..sorry I'll get back on topic)

Sarah doesn't have the emo fringe... does she? I haven't been watching for a while so I've only seen Sarah in the recent videos and haven't checked out her myspace that much.

My opinion is: Sarah isn't emo because she doesn't have the fringe.

But yea no one can agree on what exactly emo is...

Edit: OK I just watched Taylor's videos. This is what Sarah should look like for her to be emo:

she's just too preppy and not punk rock enough to be emo. that's what it comes down to. she's certainly adventurous enough and it seems like she'd apreciate the notion of experiencing the entire emotional rainbow but i'm just nut buying the "emo" title right now.

the blonde hair must go, anyway. it has to be dyed.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Languorous Lass
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

platypusrex256 wrote:
the blonde hair must go, anyway. it has to be dyed.

Absolutely. Preferably dyed flat black. Or some shade of maroon that doesn't go with the rest of her hair, or her skin tone.
consideration
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haha, I completely fit the emo stereotype to a T a while ago. Not the way I acted, but the way I looked. Glad I grew out of that.
llama_burger
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Icaterus wrote:

i think i've vaguely heard of 'the cage', but possibly more from the goth-ier of my friends? or i could be making it up lol. but i'm 17 so if it's a club that's why i won't have heard of it. i know the younger generation of emos... our theory is that the reason we have so many in wellington (i do live there. i've seen the emos on queen street in auckland tho...) is that they have a home territory (manners mall) and a breeding ground (zeal)

and yeah. no fringe, no emo. without a doubt.

it's cool to see someone else from new zealand on here! omg what if u turn out to be someone i know lol...

anyway i swear i always end up writing the longest comments:p
Very HappyVery HappyVery Happy
Icaterus
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

llama_burger wrote:
Icaterus wrote:

i think i've vaguely heard of 'the cage', but possibly more from the goth-ier of my friends? or i could be making it up lol. but i'm 17 so if it's a club that's why i won't have heard of it. i know the younger generation of emos... our theory is that the reason we have so many in wellington (i do live there. i've seen the emos on queen street in auckland tho...) is that they have a home territory (manners mall) and a breeding ground (zeal)

it's cool to see someone else from new zealand on here! omg what if u turn out to be someone i know lol...

Yea yea 'the cage' is manners mall!! You know that cage that comes out of the ground?? And 'emo park' is zeal! That whole park and zeal are just covered with emo kids lol. I've only been there a few times. I'm often at manners. Hehe I just know them by different names Razz

Whoa! Maybe I might know you Shocked . Do you walk past manners? I'm there on some weekends. I'm usually inside the arcade playing DDR though! yay I'm addicted. If you have goth friends they sometimes come to manners right?

I'm 19, so I'm kind of old for the emo thing Confused . When I left high school it had just a few emos. From what I hear though all the schools have been taken over now, right? Lol NZ is seriously turning into an emo country...

Thanks for watching as I fall.
Particular
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Llama burger your avatar is ADORABLE!!!!!! *melts*

R.I.P. Maddy and Adam. Mad love for you guys.

Member of the Lurker Fanclub
allisonjenna
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Emo used to be sweater vests and messenger bags. Siiigh.

What is now "Emo" is what used to be identified certain kind of scenester.
llama_burger
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Icaterus wrote:
llama_burger wrote:
Icaterus wrote:

Yea yea 'the cage' is manners mall!! You know that cage that comes out of the ground?? And 'emo park' is zeal! That whole park and zeal are just covered with emo kids lol. I've only been there a few times. I'm often at manners. Hehe I just know them by different names Razz

Whoa! Maybe I might know you Shocked . Do you walk past manners? I'm there on some weekends. I'm usually inside the arcade playing DDR though! yay I'm addicted. If you have goth friends they sometimes come to manners right?

I'm 19, so I'm kind of old for the emo thing Confused . When I left high school it had just a few emos. From what I hear though all the schools have been taken over now, right? Lol NZ is seriously turning into an emo country...

lol yeah we call it emo park 2! we've been known to go there just to watch emos... the gothish friends are ppl i just hang out with at school or know thru ppl, i have no idea if they hang out on manners, never seen anyone i know there anyway. i've never heard manners called the cage. i'll start calling it that. we do sometimes hang out on the other end of manners by starmart or in hobo park (the one down the middle of courtney and dixon). lol some of my friends are totally addicted to DDR too only we play it in the timezone on courtney place. weird crossover of worlds... what school did u go to?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Taylor & Sarah All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: