Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

crazy emo chick?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  

agree?
yay
9%
 9%  [ 7 ]
nay
45%
 45%  [ 34 ]
umm... shes hot.
44%
 44%  [ 33 ]
Total Votes : 74

llama_burger
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Particular wrote:
Llama burger your avatar is ADORABLE!!!!!! *melts*

pon &zi! the huggable little emos with nubbly arms:D
RoseCrowley
Owen's Helper

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 6:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

More like greendays, "don't wanna be an american idiot"...lol

TTT:Granted, but the fairy takes your credit card instead of leaving money and gets like fifty lap dances w/ it.

Mawhahaha!
JustAnotherLonelyGirl.
P. Monkey's Agent

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

She is NOT EMO and it pisses me off that they call her that.

Emo means flamboyant boys with stupid haircuts and tight pants and black eyeliner who can't sing whining about their lovelives and being picked on in school and how much everything sucks.

Just because Sarah likes Sylvia Plath (who is NOT emo... who writes beautifully) does not make her fucking emo. Just because she is a regular teenager who worries about boys does not makes her emo. EMO SUCKS AND SARAH DOES NOT.

dsklfhaskludfialsugfrsiauhtisadhyt ugh.
Lurker

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's been a fairly long discussion on what it means to be emo that you'd probably find interesting, JALG:

http://lonelygirl15.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=9657

There seems to be different ideas of what it is. I don't know if it's dependent on geography, media exposure or what, but the people posting in there seemed to have lots of ideas. Where I came up, the word was used almost interchangably with goth.

By the way, you don't necessarily have to take it as an insult to Sarah. I love her (see signature), but I don't feel like it's bad. Goth, emo and the like don't suck to me, though.
JustAnotherLonelyGirl.
P. Monkey's Agent

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Lurker. I was actually taking it as more insulting for Sylvia Plath. She's so far above "emo" and it's not fair to put her next to morons like Fall Out Boy and My Chemical Romance. Rolling Eyes

I always thought of goth as more angry than whiney and sad.
I'll check out the discussion and see what kind of arguments I can pick.
Lurker

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're welcome. Hope you have fun in there. I mainly just watched it unfold myself.
Languorous Lass
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 5:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JustAnotherLonelyGirl. wrote:
Thank you Lurker. I was actually taking it as more insulting for Sylvia Plath. She's so far above "emo" and it's not fair to put her next to morons like Fall Out Boy and My Chemical Romance. Rolling Eyes

Well, I've been a Sylvia Plath fan for a long time, but that doesn't mean that emo kids don't swoon over her poetry. Rolling Eyes
RedRevolver
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kittenishtrance wrote:
Haether wrote:
I'm not sure i even know what "emo" means...I don't think that category existed when I went to school...
what is it? a mix of punky and moody? isn't that standard fare for a 16 year old?

Emo is kind of a melodramatic goth reject/wannabe.

LOL!

Exactly what it is.

The better classfied Emos are probably the ones who don't deny it outrageously, so often that their teeth grow black and noses fall off (well, that doesn't really happen. Owel) but don't shove it down your throat all the time, like, "Yeah, I'm Emo. So what? Do you have a problem with that?"

Probably the worst is when they do both. It's really annoying.

*who is we?*

Uhm...me...and...my other personalities?...=|...
sororyzbl
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

allisonjenna wrote:
Emo used to be sweater vests and messenger bags. Siiigh.

What is now "Emo" is what used to be identified certain kind of scenester.

emo is what happened when the goths kicked them out?

what do i know, i'm an old bat who still listens to the sisters of mercy. kids these days. back in my day, we only had black hair, and we liked it! daggone whippersnappers! we could only afford black lipstick so we put it on our eyes instead of shadow, and by gum, we were happy! errrr or as happy as a goth can be.
MCH/TA,X ++ CO1,PEG/SG,W+,N++, Dd+, Dr+, A, a+, C++, G++, QH+++,666+++, Y+++
------END MAGIC CODE BLOCK------
sanguine105
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Emo means flamboyant boys with stupid haircuts and tight pants and black eyeliner who can't sing whining about their lovelives and being picked on in school and how much everything sucks.

Just because Sarah likes Sylvia Plath (who is NOT emo... who writes beautifully) does not make her fucking emo. Just because she is a regular teenager who worries about boys does not makes her emo. EMO SUCKS AND SARAH DOES NOT.

As a college kid who graduated from high school about two years ago...I concur. Stereotypical emo = people who shop at Hot Topic. Sarah is way too pretty and in denial to be really emo. The Creators really have to do their pop culture research! There is no way one could use a girl like Sarah and try to make her appear emo, no matter how fairy-goth the background of her MySpace is or dreadful teenage angsty poetry. The End.
platypusrex256
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 2:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

meh. im not sure if i'm buying the whole "sarah's not emo because she's too cool" argument. personaly, if "emo" was synonymous with "annoying" then i'd start to see why we call her emo. because she's pretty damn annoying.

the recent quote on sarah's wall was pretty lame. i don't care if it was sylvia plaith and if it's "great poetry" or any of that. honestly, if sylvia writes a lot of crap like that then i can see why i don't read her in my leisure.

if you want to discuss what emo means i'd just like to point out some ironies.

emo is also known as post-hardcore. it should be intense. it was pretty hardcore when sarah pulled a "gun" on danielbest but everything since then has been kind of lame.

emo is also different from theatrical. sarah is theatrical. not once does she actualy discuss her feelings. rather, she hides behind her little painted nails and cutesy negativity.

so yeah. sarah is fake and annoying. not very emo.

but taylor is double fake and annoying.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
nowherepixie
Owen's Helper

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 6:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well whatever sarah is I like her. Razz
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Inigo
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think she could be emo. Not all emos are so hardcore. It's like expecting all Muslims to be terrorists.
platypusrex256
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Inigo wrote:
I think she could be emo. Not all emos are so hardcore. It's like expecting all Muslims to be terrorists.

emo was bron from the hardcore scene. if you're not hardcore then you're not "emo" but actualy part of some other movement. to tell the truth, i feel the "emo"term is silly anyway and should be done away with altogether because it breeds so much confusion.

i don't understand your muslim terrorist reference. if muslims were born out of the terrorist scene, your comparrison would make sense. but no. many terrorists are born out of the muslim scene and NOT vice versa.

i suppose emo could be more like america. america is a country that was origionaly populated by germans and brits. if you asked the kkk, they would tell you that if you arn't pure of race then you arn't really american and you don't belong here. right? the kkk is pretty stupid so that might be a bad example.

but we're not talking about racism or any prejudice. we're talking about a scene. a stupid scene at that. so it's okay to say "if you arn't hardcore then you don't belong in the emo scene" and stuff like that. its not like im burning crosses in peoples yards so get over it.

if you really want to be whiney and fake and call yourself "emo" then i dont care. but just keep in mind that being whiney and fake isn't what the emo scene was origionaly about.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
RedRevolver
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That isn't what Emo is really about, but okay...

*who is we?*

Uhm...me...and...my other personalities?...=|...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Taylor & Sarah All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: