Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Book of Fate

View previous topic :: View next topic  
immortal1
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 4:14 pm    Post subject: The Book of Fate Reply with quote

Saw a commercial for this:

http://www.bradmeltzer.com/fate.php

Trying to figure out what really happened on the worst day of his life will lead Wes on a chase that takes him back to that long-ago July 4th, back to a decade-old presidential crossword puzzle, back to ancient Masonic symbols hidden in the street plan of Washington, DC, and even back to a two-hundred year old secret code invented by Thomas Jefferson. Employing his mastery of Presidential lore and powerful secrets, and expanding to the glittering world of Palm Beach high society and its seedy fringes, Meltzer has crafted his fastest and boldest thriller yet.
nowherepixie
Owen's Helper

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the sound of that. I love all that stuff Razz
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Laurin_B
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not that good. It's really nothing about Masonic mysteries or any related topic. Sorry!
bebo.com/LaurinB myspace.com/laurin_b
Broken Kid
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 6:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laurin_B wrote:
It's not that good. It's really nothing about Masonic mysteries or any related topic. Sorry!

It's not a bad book, but it really is nothing about that. It felt like he had a plot for a decent thriller, then read a few things about the Masons and old conspiracy theories and threw that in for no apparent reason. And then all the publicity for the book focused on that. Weird.
Laurin_B
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, Brad Metzer has been all about riding the conspiracy/mystery wave. I read another of his, Zero Game, which tried to spin a whole Washington conspiracy. That one was actually pretty good.
I guess Book of Fate wasn't a bad book--I was just outrageously disappointed. The cover/blurb went on and on about Masonic mysteries, and then--nothing. Sadface.
bebo.com/LaurinB myspace.com/laurin_b
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Reading List All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: