Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Response #1
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Maddison Atkins: Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
betz28
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

awesome! thanks for the response!
Dejajeva
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, so....*digs around in pocket*

AFTER I just paid fifty bucks to fill up my gas tank, I have...

*pulls out some change*

Forty-three cents.

*donates to you*
QtheC
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeromy wrote:
Luminous wrote:

What I hear you saying is that in order to allow Maddison to live you would have needed to attract the revenues necessary to sustain production. Is that correct?

Yes! and then in one very unlikely plot scenario, .. no. I wish I could fill in more blanks for you. One day.

It sounds like you are holding onto story secrets for now in order to keep the option of continuing open. You will get to my video eventually where I mention "resources," but maybe there are some folks in the ARG community, or even LG15 Creators (flush with Bebo money) or someone who might be interested in partnering with you based on this work. Your film-making skills are excellent, even without the story, characters, ARG puzzles, music, etc.

Maybe you can think up an "in-game" way to answer some puzzle/plot questions that you don't mind providing solutions to. Mr. Zipp's diary or something... just a thought. Especially if the story is not going to continue, I think fans would like to have a clearer idea of why Maddison and Adam died (in-game reason, not OOG reasons) and who as behind it.
ignatzmouse
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ooh, a reply!

OK, this is a cool way to do audience-creator interaction. It's weird seeing myself staring out of a youtube window for the whole answer.

I was expecting an answer which was more cards-close-to-chest, thanks for saying as much as you could!

Let's see, there's a couple of plot points that never happened. Hmm, maybe there was something more to those Zipp drops after all, damn.

Hopefully the Maddison ARG will have garnered enough attention that you'll be able to get the business side of things sorted out and carry on the story. Good luck!

Oh, and it's "Ignatz Mouse", as in Krazy Kat. Someone beat me to the youtube name, hence the stupid 15 on the end.
kellylen
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hahaha jeromy you rock.

im sad to hear we could have saved maddy though
Jeromy
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

QtheC wrote:
Jeromy wrote:
Luminous wrote:

What I hear you saying is that in order to allow Maddison to live you would have needed to attract the revenues necessary to sustain production. Is that correct?

Yes! and then in one very unlikely plot scenario, .. no. I wish I could fill in more blanks for you. One day.

It sounds like you are holding onto story secrets for now in order to keep the option of continuing open. You will get to my video eventually where I mention "resources," but maybe there are some folks in the ARG community, or even LG15 Creators (flush with Bebo money) or someone who might be interested in partnering with you based on this work. Your film-making skills are excellent, even without the story, characters, ARG puzzles, music, etc.

Maybe you can think up an "in-game" way to answer some puzzle/plot questions that you don't mind providing solutions to. Mr. Zipp's diary or something... just a thought. Especially if the story is not going to continue, I think fans would like to have a clearer idea of why Maddison and Adam died (in-game reason, not OOG reasons) and who as behind it.

You are absolutely right Q. I already have several ingame ideas about reveals, and I really appreciate your input. I said this in Anchor Cove, but I get a lot of ideas from the forums. I really meant it that we are often writing this story together.

J
Emsmu
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well Jeromy, the beauty of these question videos is that pretty much everyone that watched MaddyA is going to watch the response video's and since they are on revver, you can start saving a little bit of cash for your next chapter ^_~

Unless I dont understand revver too well and you have to click on the ads to get money or something? Im not sure, anyone have knowlege of this? I dont use revver.

Tag, your it.
Jeromy
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes. In order to obtain revenue from Revver, the viewer has to watch the video in its entirety AND THEN click on the ad. However, they don't allow a bunch of repeat clicks from the same IP. so..
deagol
Thor's Hammer

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oooh...
/me stops clicking like a madman

Hey I think I recognize a lil bit of Maddy's sense of humor in this video.

Last edited by deagol on Thu May 03, 2007 1:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Kasdeja
Hymn of One

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They don't allow repeat clicks? Damn...I've wasted my clicks a little, then...ahem...whistles

You cannot make another post so soon after your last; please try again in a short while.
Bagged, tagged, sold to the butcher at the store.
Libra
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kasdeja wrote:
They don't allow repeat clicks? Damn...I've wasted my clicks a little, then...ahem...whistles

Haha I bet more of us are guilty of this then we'd like to admit.

*cough*
Lurker

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your response, Jeromy.

So (forgive for me seeking yet another clarification), would it be safe to say that it's unlikely that things could have gone differently from the outset?
Jeromy
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In hindsight, I think it's safe to say that, but when I started, I truly wasn't sure.

J
TheeBerean
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With no budget and little expenses (other than time), I guess that also means the actors don't get paid... hmmm... we should send them all presents. Very Happy
Jeromy
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought about selling a DVD of the first chapter and splitting the profits generously with the actors

J
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Maddison Atkins: Archive All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: